PDA

View Full Version : roughly how long for a re-run on hard/medium

burnoutbabe
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
finished this last night and got all trading cards. did enjoy running through levels with the hedge trimmer!!

so how long to do a re-run? i'd only need the radio/infinite wrench/magnum and the extra bag (didn't manage extra weapons bag 1st time)

i think i'd leave it until next year but was hoping around 10 hours or so?

doctor lollypop
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
med and hard took me 9 hours each to run through and the only side missions i did was the walkie talkie, mp5, wrench, magnum.

i did hard in one sitting, but it was a little much

Stevolutionary
12-04-2010, 09:43 PM
You don't even need the item bag really.

Just get the Infinite Magnum (for Bosses) and Wrench (everything else) and Radio, plan an efficient path and skip all the cutscenes, and you could probably manage 8 hours or so, if that. Depending on how good at combat you are, maybe even 6.

NukeDukem
12-05-2010, 05:31 AM
i played it on hard first, took my time - over 30 hours! all sidequests done and whatnot. but i just sped through on normal, got the magnum, the wrench and the submachine gun and clocked in at 7 hours i think.

not even bothering with the wrench on my easy playthrough, never used it. reckon ill do it in 6 hours easy.

<edit> 4 hours and 40 minutes XD

Ravenhood
12-19-2010, 03:35 AM
4 hours and 40 minutes? 0_o
How in the hell?... I played through this on Easy during my first playthrough (haven't started my second or third yet), and I finished it in 20 hours... XS

trublustuuk
12-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I was at it for nearly 4 hours last night and still walking through the park thing you start off in on medium, I can't tell if it's the wanky controls or the game is hard but the gun you have is useless, metal pipe is the ticket :)

FFFreak1129
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I did most things on my first playthrough, so my second and third didn't take as long as the first. I think on my first one I had around 20 hours by the time I was done. When I played it again, I did it in around 8 and 7 hours or so. I just went after the sidequests that gave me items that I found useful. The infinite wrench was essential to me. I think I used that weapon the most.

The Filthy Goat
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
My first playthrough on easy was 30 hours collecting and doing all the sidequests. Wish I had done all that on a hard playthrough first though. Did my hard playthrough next and did it in 8 hours, going out of my way to get York's car and a few of the infinite weapons. Waste of time. Did my normal playthrough, just getting the magnum and smg, in 5 and a half hours.

It was a good game, but I am so damn glad to be done with it. Too many long drawn out sections that exist for no other reason than to lengthen the game.

alanp9
01-10-2011, 05:11 AM
I was at it for nearly 4 hours last night and still walking through the park thing you start off in on medium, I can't tell if it's the wanky controls or the game is hard but the gun you have is useless, metal pipe is the ticket :)

I think you mean "wonky" controls, "wanky" controls would be something else entirely. ;)

Orphen24
01-11-2011, 04:19 AM
i did hard first with 25 hours with every thing done

normal 10 hours and some odd mins

easy was 6 hours and something was my last run and i recommend doing last its the fastest by far

Ravenhood
03-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Heh, I'm so doing this all backwards... I plan on running through normal (just started it tonight, heading to the lumbermill at just over an hour in, taking my time doing it) and then doing everything 100% on hard to get the good weapons and the trading cards.

conel33
04-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I completed it on medium and hard over 2 days. Medium took me 8 hours and Hard took me 6. I was playing pretty casually whilst watching documentaries on a laptop at the same time too and only got the sub machine gun inf. and the magnum inf, didn't bother getting the Radio either time so I could have easily pulled the times down even more.

I'd say the guide should say ~30hours for completion.

davhuit
07-02-2011, 05:17 PM
~10 hours for the hard mode without doing any side quests (so without any other infinite ammo weapon other than the FBI Gun).

~8h hours for the normal mode, I did two side quests, the two of George, to get the radio during Chapter 2 Episode 9.

First playthrough (Easy mode) took ~16 hours.

Now, just need to do the trading cards.

HiCaliberConsecrator
08-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Took me around 8 hours each for a Normal and Hard run. I picked up the radio, infinite SMG (for normal Shadows), infinite Magnum (for Crawlers and Bosses) and the weather doll. The weather doll is useful later in the game because it replenishes health when facing the right way (up if it's sunny, down if it's raining).

NightReflection
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
5 Hours on Hard Mode, and that was also getting the Infinte magnum and flamethrower.

Getting the police radio makes things quicker.