Award idea

Flea

I just thought of an award,

to late to enter the competition award for people that missed it.

:p

Nah my real idea is completist award,

So if youve completed say 25 games for the full completion score you get this award,

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/fleamcd/25.jpg

50 it changes to another,

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/fleamcd/50.jpg

then the next 1 would be 100 games.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/fleamcd/100.jpg

Feel free to rip my idea to bits.

Well in a way they could work with the 1000/200 clubs. Only way to get the award would be to submit to those clubs, and the leaderboard in those clubs determine if you got the award.

This site is about achievements and it would be nice to have at least one award for them ;)

Well said it would be good to see an award like this. ;)

Pretty good idea, though the awards are mostly for helping the community and this doesn't really help the community at all. I'd still like to see it done though! Like Crash said, only for people with enough time/posts and already submitted to the Maximum Clubs. Might want to make it in increments of 10 instead of 25 though.

I wouldn't mind giving this idea a trial run, if it turns out to be a mess, it could always be removed. I do believe that it could get more people playing the games and helping out...

However, I am going to play Devil's Advocate - where does the site draw the line on "completing a game." If an achievement is glitched, do we ignore it, does the game not count? What about arcade games, do they could towards this total, or is that considered too easy. Do we let anyone enjoy the awards on the site, or do they have to be registered for a certain amount of time and have x amount of posts?

All and all, if the site can adopt a policy for this idea, I believe it could work out well. Besides, what good is earning a bunch of awards if you don't participate in the site?

Flea I actually think that yours is a great idea to bad you missed the deadline but hell if I win with my idea you can have my prize :)

He tried to bribe me to reopen it :biglaugh

We did discuss it in a staff meeting recently but I honestly can't remember the outcome. I shall consult my oracle and see what was decided.

He tried to bribe me to reopen it :biglaugh

It wasnt for this idea,

it was just a general rig the comp so i get crackdown and you get £5 deal,

lets just keep that between me and you though webb.

;)

Oh and my idea for the other award for the comp was,

reply to webb and quote him saying he tried to bribe me to reopen it :D award

Well I really like that idea, if they have to use the clubs it would be easy to regulate, and only active members would be getting it, and could create more members to get more involved with the site. I say keep it 25/50/ but would make the last one 75 :) 100 could take years to get lol

oh and one more thing only retail games, arcade games wouldn't count although you could create an award for someone who can complete all the arcade games to date lol give someone a really lofty goal :)

and if you used the clubs to regulate that award only 27 members would be eligible to get 25 and 2 for 50

it could potentially generate more people to want to complete games, therefore generate more people willing to help on games with posting ideas or tips to complete games, and therefore more guides would be generated, etc... etc... :)