PDA

View Full Version : I need some helpfull information.

PrinceOfThralls
11-30-2010, 09:20 AM
So...this game is better than Street fighter 4? Because I only have Soul calibur 4 as a fighting game and no matter how awesome sc4 may be, it gets boring and I need another beat em up. I suck huge balls at street fighter tho and I wonder how hard the achievements here are. Of course I only get this game to fight against my friends, who also all suck at it(except one, who is pro at it[but I am pro at sc4 and mortal combat in general, don't you think I suck at every fighting game]), but of course I want as many achievements as possible.

Short version; Is this game better than street fighter 4 and how hard is it to make a good gamerscore?

Thanks for any help.
Edit: Nevermind, got this game already.

Dennoman
11-30-2010, 09:27 AM
It's definitely better than vanilla SFIV. The balancing is nigh-on perfect (save for a few of the newer characters) and it's got tons of things to keep you entertained. You can buy the game brand new for like 10-15 bucks in loads of stores, so there's no good reason not to buy it. If you're highly doubting to buy a game for a measly 10 dollars, you should probably be spending it on something else entirely.

The 100% is fairly easy in this one. It's just very time consuming, what with the trials and the "From C to Shining C" one. I reckon I spent roughly 70-75 hours getting the 1000/1000 on this one (of which at least 25 was straight boosting for "From C to Shining C"), against maybe 90 hours for SFIV vanilla.

Clocked roughly 210 hours (2000+ online matches) on this one now, love it to bits. And to think I'm still playing the promotional copy I got to review it back in late March. :)

PrinceOfThralls
11-30-2010, 10:52 AM
It's definitely better than vanilla SFIV. The balancing is nigh-on perfect (save for a few of the newer characters) and it's got tons of things to keep you entertained. You can buy the game brand new for like 10-15 bucks in loads of stores, so there's no good reason not to buy it. If you're highly doubting to buy a game for a measly 10 dollars, you should probably be spending it on something else entirely.

The 100% is fairly easy in this one. It's just very time consuming, what with the trials and the "From C to Shining C" one. I reckon I spent roughly 70-75 hours getting the 1000/1000 on this one (of which at least 25 was straight boosting for "From C to Shining C"), against maybe 90 hours for SFIV vanilla.

Clocked roughly 210 hours (2000+ online matches) on this one now, love it to bits. And to think I'm still playing the promotional copy I got to review it back in late March. :)

Thanks for the help. Got this game. Now hours of practice must follow

Plym
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the help. Got this game. Now hours of practice must follow Excellent!
For me, it's the best beat-em-up ever made. It's so damn perfect.

Regarding the gamerscore, I think 850 G's are fairly easy to get (Although boosting everyone to C online takes a while) but to get the trials is extremely hard. I'm a huge SF fan and I'm struggling to complete everyone's trials.

It's a game I will never tire of though and I can't wait for the DLC.

Toxic is sik
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
1000/1000 legit took me awhile. the only hard part is getting the trials, mainly ibuki 24. but ive done them all now like 5 times between p3 and 360, using my stick and the p3 controller. but after you do them enough it becomes easy. then c to shining c was very frustrating because it takes around 20 wins with each of the 35 chars. i would reccomend boosting c2sc unless your a sf fanatic like me lol. and the trials come down to muscle memory. everything else is ez.