Why did you get your 360?

Seb The Sheep

Why did you get your Xbox 360?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you get your Xbox 360?

• You saw/played it at a friend/family's house.
    • You liked the original Xbox so you wanted to get the next version of the console.
    • You didn't have anything to want for Xmas/Birthday except this.
    • You won it as a prize in a raffle/competition.
    • For the hell of it, you were bored.

I had been considering it for a while, but I never actually played one, so I wasn't going to as it would be my own money I would spend because it was just after Christmas and my birthday.

But then, I went to my bro's house, and he has a 360, I played Gears campaign... The graphics and gameplay was so good I almost shat my pants (well, not literally...) And that's when I decided I would get one!

What about you>

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the original X-Box after my ex introduced me to it, as beforehand I'd always been a big Sony, Sega and Nintendo fan. Had an X-Box for a while and then kept my eye on the development of the 360 but knew I couldn't afford it any time soon.

Played on a friend's in February 06 and wanted one even more but no money...then by October 06 I'd succumbed and got one :p

If I'd had the money I'd have bought it on launch day though.

Well I was a big fan of the original xbox, so the 360 was a natural choice for me. It blew me away when it debuted around E3 2005, and from that point i knew I had to get one!

But the #1 reason that drove me to get a 360 was Call of Duty 2. From the moment I saw it, I knew I had to play it. Granted I was stoked about achievements, and was really stoked about the advancements of xbox live, the live market place, etc. But I would have to say Call of Duty 2 was the deciding factor for me.

I got my 360 on the European Launch date of 2nd December 2005, only 80,000 units or so available for the UK so i was very lucky to get one. Pre-ordered way back in August '05 at a local retailer to ensure i'd get a 360 premium on launch day and it's still going strong today.

Was originally a PS2 lover back in the last-gen days until i made a decision to get the xbox live service for the added multiplayer fun to be had on PGR2, Halo 2 etc. Ever since that day i basically fell in love with my xbox and bought all games for that pretty much so when the xbox 360 was announced i was eager and determined to get it as soon as possible.

Now got a Wii, PS3 and 360 and i still call my beloved 360 my "home" console because i don't feel at ease and comfortable on the other consoles i've got as my 360.

I used to be subscribed to Game Informer and I kept reading about these pretty damn cool games coming out. They weren't all exclusive to the 360 but this was WAY before the PS3 and Wii were coming out. Reading up on games like Gears, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Halo 3, and Mass Effect and the fact that I couldn't wait until the PS3 release was enough for me to get a 360.

The 360 has satisfied me plenty, and I have completely forgotten about my last love, Sony.

-X

I didn't buy mine, my daddy got it for me for my birthday. (Yes I said daddy, so sue me. I'm a daddy's girl) I was happy. I started out my gaming career when I was two and I stole my daddy's Game Boy. So, I always wanted the 'next best thing' and the 360 gave me that. It gave me a challenge (whereas all the other consoles don't have an achievement system at least to my knowledge.) Not to mention it was cheaper than the PS3.

I had always planned to get it, since I buy every gaming console that doesn't start with PS (fooled me once, shame on me, won't happen again). Playing the CoD2 demo at kiosks definitely helped and it's going to sound silly now, but seeing the 100s of orcs at once in Kameo preview videos was impressive. Then about a week before launch IGN posted a preview video of the console, showing how it worked and stuff. But the part that caught my eye and had me camping out 12 hours to get one launch day was..

achievements!

Surprising huh?