PDA

View Full Version : Dating Reality Shows

ellamouse9
12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Considering this is a male-dominated forum I think I know the answer to this one, but does anyone watch the American dating reality shows?

For example in Tunisia I really got into Rock of Love, because it's so trashy that it's like car crash TV. Annoyingly, we do occasionally get this sort of thing screened in the UK, but it's about 4 years late and on MTV at around 2am :(

Between downloading and catching the odd show on TV, I have subsequently watched Daisy of Love, Flavor of Love, I Love New York, A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila, Megan Wants a Millionaire (all 3 episodes that were aired!), and of course the spin-offs such as Charm School, and most recently I Love Money.

Anyone else share my obsession with them? I must admit that I am hooked! i have downloading Real Chance of Love and For The Love of Ray J; very excited about those!

Discuss :)

SmoothAsEgg5
12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
ugh, if u can call those "reality shows" lol. definitely my guilty pleasure when i would stay up till 2am watching brain draining television during my college years. like u said, trashy. thank goodness i was able to get away from it all

Starstrukk X360A
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
The thing about trash tv is they're so horrible but you can't look away. I don't really do the dating shows though. I prefer the random pointless reality shows.

KSizzle
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I will admit I am guilty from time to time. I also watched two of those shitty VH1 ones Rock of Love (Bret Michaels from Poison hooking up with all these chicks, very trashy but funny) and Flava of Love (Flava Flav, Public Enemies legendary hype man looks for love, very funny, Yeah Boyyyy).

There were also two that came on years ago but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called. One was on MTV and the contestant would have two potential dates and they had a "timeout" card that they could use to get rid of the other dater.

The other, the contestant had 4 potential daters and would eliminate them one by one until he/her made their final choice.

Gotta love some trashy reality tv.