PDA

View Full Version : The Boss - Culian Story

Joey Jeckel
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with this one. It's the boss that moves around (not the huge stationary ship) and fills the screen with bullets. After that it shoots a pink laser that you have to circle clockwise to avoid. I can beat that, but then it turns into something smaller and sits in the centre of the screen and shoots bullets in every direction. There is no way to dodge them. I can get there with almost full health but then get wasted. Any tips appreciated.

Joey Jeckel
06-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Still cant beat it :(

It's the final boss in 2 of the story arcs, Culian and Ernula. It's a little easier with Ernula, she has a solid laser attack that shoots 2 beams in front of her. If I sit just to the side of the boss I can take it out with a few of these shots.

It's the 2nd form that hammers me. Just so many bullets! I'm attacking with the same laser, and defending with LT when it gets too crazy, but defense takes time to charge and I run out of health.

Anyone play this?

Kaens
06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
It's the 2nd form that hammers me. Just so many bullets! I'm attacking with the same laser, and defending with LT when it gets too crazy, but defense takes time to charge and I run out of health.

Anyone play this?
You have to stay as far away as possible so the blocks have time to spread out and you can dodge them. The key is being able to dodge nearly all of the stuff she is shooting so you need to stand far away, but do NOT use the corners because you cannot move side to side. Basically the same principle you used on the first part of it (unless of course you just blew your shields then). The bosses in this game are all about picking your spots - knowing when to dodge, and when to attack.

SaiSpag
06-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah I can defeat the first form in 8 seconds (Got a good strat down, you take about 1/16 of health)(Well not so much a strategy as a pillagefest >_>

Then the second form kicks my arse, managaed to get it to half health once by staying away and lasering from a distance but **** me that's the hardest boss I have seen in any game.

Otaking584
08-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Jesus I can't even make it past the first form of this boss.

DisposedCheese
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
so is it actually possible to make it past this boss haha
ive tryed so hard on it
on the 2nd form i can get it down to 1/2 health but then by then im dead

Ashunera
07-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with this one. It's the boss that moves around (not the huge stationary ship) and fills the screen with bullets. After that it shoots a pink laser that you have to circle clockwise to avoid. I can beat that, but then it turns into something smaller and sits in the centre of the screen and shoots bullets in every direction. There is no way to dodge them. I can get there with almost full health but then get wasted. Any tips appreciated.

Well , i shall tell you my strategy , i did beat that boss a lot of times
and i can say , That the first form is easier with ernula , and the second part is easier with culian

Part 1 ,The strategy for ernula is to keep shooting lasers at that robot , you see if it get damage then parts are falling off
also use your defense our the area clearing (shield)

Part 1 for culian , well culian is a speed/defensive type
first is to practive a lot with culian , you must know what do most damage
and culian is also the best in defense , why , a attack of him , yeah its a him not a her :P , once attack of him , he shoots i think 3 green balls and they also explode (become bigger) when fired

now what is my strategy
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP firing , and don't move to a side , the enemy shots are hard to avoid when you make it hard for you

what to do , if your shots can't hit it , use the green balls , they do a little damage but they can neutralize ALL shots :D
and thats the defensive part of culian
and as i said , keep firing

if the robot stay laying on his side , then BOOST+Shoot , you will shoot a LOT of lasers/bullets (i don't know how to name them)
and if you fully hit that thing , it WILL lose 1 or 2 parts , just keep doing that , but his attacks are deadlier when he if on his side

don't forget to use the green balls OR force field

PART 2
well , for ernula , its HARD , because your shots are slow , and the most reliable weapon are your 2 lasers
how did i beat it
press the block button , (also when you block , your attacks will change( a bit)
when you block , ernula will fire 2 lasers straigth and not random
and try to stay at 1 place , the boss can warp and can be hard , also ernula isn't fast

for culian , it get easy
remember what i said , green balls and forcefield , only use them when needed, the boss his attacks are quite simple to avoid , the good thing of culian is , he move and attack fast
all you need to do is keep shooting , KEEEEEEEEP shooting and avoiding , only look at his projectiles :P
you need to focus you don't get hit , thats why
and if you keep shooting , then he get hit eventually
if he do the area attacks , use green balls , to make a path or forcefiels and keep attacking

he will fall down , if you avoid his attacks

HXXIIIH
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
The second boss is rediculous -.-