PDA

View Full Version : The Un-Official Donkey Challange Bitching Thread

TerreBullet
12-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Firstly

Why are the rear brakes cosmetic and useless?

1 fault at the light only 1 fault and that was for hitting the light

Why doesn't the guy sit on the bike; there is a seat?

LocustDawn
12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Firstly

Why are the rear brakes cosmetic and useless?

1 fault at the light only 1 fault and that was for hitting the light

Why doesn't the guy sit on the bike; there is a seat?
Im sorry but "Why doesn't the guy sit on the bike?" maybe because he's leaning to shift his balance, which is a core mechanic of the game.

Evo Kazz
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
I really hate this achievement, I never give up on games but this just pissed me off no end, so I went on Need For Speed instead, I will come back to this tomorrow, It seems impossible right now!

Mister Buds
12-01-2010, 11:03 PM
this is definitely the hardest achievement in the game now that 'marathon' is a cake walk. i think my biggest problem is that i don't really understand the physics of the bike. if i move my left stick even slightly, i smash my face off the ground.

i would really like to see a video of someone's replay that earned this achievement. the top 150, or however many spots show replays, are all done with the pheonix.

anyway, after about 30 minutes, i've yet to make it past the first checkpoint. i can't get on top of that barrel behind the first explosive barrel.

adammcd09
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I've finally done another perfect run and have recorded it. Uploading now :)

Jedi sy
12-02-2010, 03:49 PM
They could'nt of made a worse achievement, I hate the donkey bike:mad:

VeNGeD
12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I spent about two hours on this last night, and eventually gave up. I think I'll attempt a few runs a day but I'm not going to keep trying and end up breaking a controller off my tv.

EDIT: Like 5 minutes after posting this I decided to give it another try, and did it first time.. I tipped over at one of the last obstacles, and I spent about 2 minutes leaning forward and back to try and get upright.

Harry Rasing
12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Getting sick of it... Trying for hours but always end up on my back or make a faceplant in the end!

CypherDextrous
12-03-2010, 06:37 AM
I zero faulted the donkey's year tournament before I even tried for this achievement. I thought all the achievements were way to easy.

Danny_gall
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
this is definitely the hardest achievement in the game now that 'marathon' is a cake walk. i think my biggest problem is that i don't really understand the physics of the bike. if i move my left stick even slightly, i smash my face off the ground.

i would really like to see a video of someone's replay that earned this achievement. the top 150, or however many spots show replays, are all done with the pheonix.

anyway, after about 30 minutes, i've yet to make it past the first checkpoint. i can't get on top of that barrel behind the first explosive barrel.

Are you having a laugh? It took me 20 minutes getting the Donkey achievement but days of practise getting Marathon. I'm now stuck on the DLC extreme maps :(

acdougla17
12-03-2010, 04:38 PM
The Donkey is a really fun bike to mess with and not too bad once you get used to it. When I used to get bored, I would play the Original Hard Tracks with the Micro Donkey. Its not too bad once you figure out how to handle it. This achievement took maybe 10 minutes for me. I actually crashed on the last obstacle on my 2nd attempt.

Jedi sy
12-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I'll try it again tonight, it will always bug me if I just give up on it

coop diddy
12-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I honestly don't understand the fuss in this achievement. Took about an hour to get, but the easiest way to go about it is try to stay leaned forward for most of it. At the light part you have to jumpslow enough to just barely get over the barrels, and then when you get to the bottom make sure not to roll backwards into the barrels or you will get stuck ( had this happen numerous times) But just be patient and retry checkpoints until your well aquainted with them

Fredy29
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I've done it now, I must have spent a couple of hours on it last night, it was peeving me right off, then I went off, come back to it, and managed to do it!! I kept doing the hard bits, and fell right at the end a couple of times, so I knew I could it!

-WcG iFredy29

oOReFuGee91Oo
12-05-2010, 03:51 AM
It really isn't THAT bad... =/ Took me a solid hour and I am nothing special at this game. "Marathon" on the other hand, took quite some time.

All you do to get this achievement is study the physics on every obstacle and memorize them to the point that you can flawlessly execute them one by one. The map itself is fortunately VERY short ;)

oOReFuGee91Oo
12-05-2010, 03:53 AM
and fell right at the end
I hate that!!! =[

lord verh
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
the achievement picture sucks

freeleeday
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Stick with it and you'll get it. Very quick and light flicks are what is needed to maneuver the bike. It took me two to four hours to knock it out, came close twice only to pull a stupid flip at the end of the track.

Springveldt
12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Just be very gentle with the throttle and try to limit you movement on the bike (unless it's in the air).

Also take each checkpoint as an individual item, come to a complete stop before each one and figure a way of clearing the checkpoint each time. Once you find a way to clear the checkpoint use the B button before the next one and re-try the method again. Make sure you can clear it every time before moving onto the next checkpoint.

I think it took me around 10 attempts to get this.

StarsRPD
12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Im leaving it for now..

Jedi sy
12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Im leaving it for now..

Me to. To frustrating for now

ooandyb
12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I think I may have been able to get this a little faster had I been more patient, but I just kept cruising through it. Oh well, I got it after a while, I think I ended up face planting toward then end and having to wiggle my way out of it, otherwise my time probably would've been under a minute easily.

And this achievement is definitely not harder than marathon. I'm sure that could be considered an opinion but it's the right opinion.

IronMuffin Man
12-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Took me ages to do it, kept making really stupid mistakes. The way I did it in the end was to do short bursts of full throttle over the jumps, then come to a complete stop and do the next jump.

xTHCxBOMB3Rx
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Not that bad really, I love Trials, wish they had a few more acheivs.

LausDomini
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Over 7 hours straight of this and I should have stopped after 4 to sleep on it but it's too addicting. I've gotten 1 fault three times though.

EDIT: Next day got it in an hour. That was a pain!

Laajm
12-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Started trying to get Donkey Challenge earlier this day, just unlocked the bike and used it on the medium tracks to learn how it handles... I did a some attempts on the track as well, got half the way a few times, but yeah, I have quite much left. Will be a great challenge, definitly. :)

Laajm
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, got the achievement a few days ago. Was kind of easy once you got used to the bike (and the track). ^^

adamrulz
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Did this a while ago, just saw this thread. My best advice to anyone trying this, is just take your time. After almost every obstacle, there is a place to slow down, relax, get ready for the next one. Pretty simple if you take it easy. It's no faults, not time.

Alaskanassassin
04-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Finally sat down for 3 hours and banged this one out. not that hard once ya get used to the bike then it just comes down to stupid mistakes. Glad to get my 100% back.

The_Truth
04-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Finally did this one myself. Really happy as I've been having a lot of trouble. But as others have said it mostly just requires a lot of practice and getting used to that damn bike. Once you've learned the most effective methods of succeeding those tricky jumps, all you need is to get lucky with a good run. :)

Grausherra
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM
This achievement sucks so much dick it makes me wish I had never even bought the game.

Can't even get past the beginning. Useless donkey bike, I wish it was dead.

MGilli
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
to easy this achievement is crazy easy

JeremyVersion1
08-03-2011, 03:36 AM
I've figured this, along with the Marathon cheevo are the ones I'll never get. I once sat for two hours....TWO HOURS, and still couldn't get this. I'll keep trying, but fuck me.

I still love this game.

FREE FLAMES117
08-05-2011, 03:46 AM
this and marathon are the only achievements i need but im determined to get them before trials evolution comes out:uzi:

Jedi sy
10-13-2011, 04:46 PM
this and marathon are the only achievements i need but im determined to get them before trials evolution comes out:uzi:

These are the only two I still need but I dont see me getting them, EVER !!!!!!!

JeremyVersion1
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Been trying this and Marathon lately and....fuck these achievements!

adamrulz
10-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Jeremy, nice to see another playing trials in MO. These acieves are easy if you take your time. If one way doesn't work, don't keep doing the same thing again. Both of these (if you aren't going for rank) are very simple, just take your time. Trying to rush is the biggest reason to fail. I'm 8s from plat on ultimate endurance. With donkey, just stop, line it up, go. Stop line it up, go. For Endurance, try the few levels that give the most problems, then go for the challenge. hope that helps a bit.

adam

JeremyVersion1
10-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Jeremy, nice to see another playing trials in MO. These acieves are easy if you take your time. If one way doesn't work, don't keep doing the same thing again. Both of these (if you aren't going for rank) are very simple, just take your time. Trying to rush is the biggest reason to fail. I'm 8s from plat on ultimate endurance. With donkey, just stop, line it up, go. Stop line it up, go. For Endurance, try the few levels that give the most problems, then go for the challenge. hope that helps a bit.

adam

On the Endurance tourney, I can make it fifteen tracks before I fault, my best is six faults overall. There's nothing worse then making it ten tracks in and then faulting by accident.

As for the Donkey cheevo, I can make it about half way before I run into problems. Such a pain in the ass.

JeremyVersion1
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Finally got this cheevo a few days ago, and it felt good!

adamrulz
11-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Nice. I'm sending you a FR to see times on this one, and to have another competitor for the new one.

JeremyVersion1
11-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice. I'm sending you a FR to see times on this one, and to have another competitor for the new one.

Sounds good to me!

ashes of omerta
12-28-2011, 06:24 AM
got no hope for this, far to little patience on my part ha

Don Jose
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM

I finally got this achievement today! It only took me about 2 years to get it.

Here's a vid for ya : http://youtu.be/sy0KUwYXw7M

Now, hopefully I can get Marathon before EVO comes out.

JeremyVersion1
02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
I finally got this achievement today! It only took me about 2 years to get it.

Here's a vid for ya : http://youtu.be/sy0KUwYXw7M

Now, hopefully I can get Marathon before EVO comes out.

If you can get the Donkey cheevo, you can get the Marathon cheevo. Just take it slow, seriously, slow as hell. Took me two years as well, but you can do it!

KrazyEyezKillla
02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Dumb question alert.....Where the heck is the "Barrel of Laughs" track? I've looked at all the track difficulty levels a couple times and have not seen a track with that name. I hope I'm just totally blind and missed it. I just unlocked the donkey bike this weekend.

KrazyEyezKillla
02-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Dumb question alert.....Where the heck is the "Barrel of Laughs" track? I've looked at all the track difficulty levels a couple times and have not seen a track with that name. I hope I'm just totally blind and missed it. I just unlocked the donkey bike this weekend.

FFS, I just realized I didn't buy the Big Thrills DLC....

adammcd09
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
FFS, I just realized I didn't buy the Big Thrills DLC....

:L Was about to ask if you had the DLC. Enjoy the challenge of completing it with no fails :p

Steelstick
03-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Phew ..
After weeks of trying, I finally got this one AND Detour within 10 minutes
Now, at long last, I have Trials HD 100%

lord verh
04-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Just got this ach after 400/400 evolution. Now only the Ultimate Endurance tournament left wich I already 1 faulted LOL! Patience is THE key here. Of course you need a certain minimum amount of time/training/practice but all of that won't help when your heart is beating out of your chest LOL