PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still play their SNES?

ScottieElisabeth
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Is it your original, or one you've bought online recently?

What games do you have and play?

It was only a few years ago that I beat The Lion King...and it reminded me why I played the console so often. And Yoshi's Island? I love that game!

The big purple and gray chunk is still in my entertainment center, on the shelf below my xbox 360. Hm. :)

Baron Axe Wound
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Mine got wasted by water damage in my loft but I still play Crono Trigger on an emu at least twice a year lol and Super Mario World is one of the best games ever made.

ScottieElisabeth
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Absolutely! It's hard to imagine a game as fun as Mario or Donkey Kong Country... I really wish they would make at least arcade versions for the 360. I have Wolfenstein 3D arcade version, and it triggers nostalgia, even though I never played the game on an older console...it's just the quality. The graphics, the feel...it's wonderful, and I miss it.

crazy W01f 816
12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I wish I could, but I lost one of the cords and have been unable to replace it. I do however want to buy some SNES games on my Wii so I can play them that way.

Lucent Beam
12-04-2010, 11:33 PM
The #1 thing I will still play on SNES is Secret of Mana... but I guess it's been a couple of years since I've replayed it. Last time I replayed it, I play it for something like 16 hours straight, haha.

Bearded Bugs
12-20-2010, 02:56 AM
My old beauty is still sat beneath my TV; it gets pride of place alongside the 360.

I can play my old PS1, or my N64, and be very happy, but nothing will ever replace the nostalgic feeling I get when I play the SNES.

There was such a simple perfection with the games on that era of consoles, then it started getting a bit too complicated and the charm decreased. Ah well. :)

ScottieElisabeth
12-20-2010, 06:01 AM
My PS1 is lost in the closet. My PS2 has its cords all wrapped around it, only to be broken out to play Siren with my best friend. But my SNES? The shelf below my 360, hooked up and ready to go.

Ah, nostalgia.

Bearded Bugs
12-20-2010, 05:04 PM
My PS1 is lost in the closet. My PS2 has its cords all wrapped around it, only to be broken out to play Siren with my best friend. But my SNES? The shelf below my 360, hooked up and ready to go.

Ah, nostalgia. I'm similar actually: my PS1, PS2, and original Xbox are all in my room, but not hooked up properly; but I get the urge to run around exploring with Samus too much to disconnect the SNES. :)

I took so many days off of school to play the SNES when I was little. Bad in a way, but my grades were still fine, and I got to sit in my pyjamas all day playing and eating sandwiches.

Ah, nostalgia indeed.

ScottieElisabeth
12-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one.

However, my SNES preexists me. My parents bought it, and I just took it over when I was...probably 3.

Bearded Bugs
12-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one.

However, my SNES preexists me. My parents bought it, and I just took it over when I was...probably 3.

My parents weren't cool enough to buy a SNES for themselves. :p My Dad had an old Atari which he played with me, and then I played a NES at my aunty's house - I was properly hooked on gaming by then.

What were your favourite games for the console?

ScottieElisabeth
12-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Super Mario All Stars, The Lion King, Mario Paint, and Yoshi's Island.

I'm a pretty anticlimactic gamer. :P

Delphan Rane
03-02-2011, 03:22 PM
My first game system was an Atari 7800. SNES was the first system I purchased with my own money. It came with Yoshi's Island and I mailed away for Super Mario All-Stars. I haven't played it in a few years, but I do keep it stored away in it's original box (plus all the games) like it was brand new.

Retric
09-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Still playing Super Bomberman to this day! :D

A ZombieTwinkie
09-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Oh yea. I fire up the SNES, NES, Super Famicom and N64 on a regular basis. All lined up nice and neat on the bottom of my entertainment center. I've got a decent little collection of games, as well. (have a few pics in the Game Collections thread)

And, my NES, SNES and N64 are the ones I've had since I got them for birthday / Christmas / 'took over', haha.

Mitsuo Excel
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
From time to time I would hook up my Super Famicom and play, basically, whatever I have laying around. I have a list on a Mac Plus with high scores for all the games I play, so I would try to beat my previous high scores and update them. The Super Famicom is also a great source to study the Japanese language

AgehaAtmosphere
10-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I didn't have one until recently when I found two and a whole load of games at a flea market. Sadly one doesn't work, but the other does and I've already spend a whole bunch of hours playing.

RuYi
10-30-2011, 01:45 PM
On rare occasions, and I'm sorry to admit it.
I especially liked Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire I, Yoshi's Island and Aladdin, but I can't be bothered to connect it anymore, with them all being available on the Gameboy or DS.

I've been playing with the idea of selling my retro consoles because of this.

The Redman
12-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 are still fun to play, even after 1000s of hours. Damn, I enjoy my SNES...

benjyboy89
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I have 2 snes's i must get them out again soon

Ceris
01-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I bought a new controller for my SNES to play Final Fantasy II on the system. I go to put the controller in and accidentally bumped the cartridge while it was loading, losing ALL the save files on the game. I was sad and left it, and eventually forgot about it until seeing this thread :D I would give it a chance, but i already got it for my PSP :p

kLa Chaos
01-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I would love to still play my SNES but someone stole my system and all my games. I'm still pretty mad about it :(

1 up
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
my SNES broke awhile ago :chair i'm still angry from it
i wish i could play it again

The Eddmeister
01-24-2012, 12:26 AM
I love my SNES! Have it hooked up all the time :)
Love to play Link to the Past, Mystic Quest & Secret of Mana
Good old school rpg's can't beat em :)

Recipe For Hate
02-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Wish I had kept my SNES and NES. Each time I upgraded to the next Nintendo console I sold them off to my cousins. Had a ton of games all still in their boxes in mint condition. As for my Wii I couldn't care less what happens to it, don't know where it is and don't care......worst Nintendo console ever...SNES and NES easily 2 of the best consoles ever made.

StolenPaper18
02-15-2012, 03:42 AM
I have my SNES (along with my Sega Genesis) stashed away at a lake house my family owns. So, I only get around to playing it once a year or so. I've really been wanting to get a SUPABOY (basically a handheld SNES, that you can also hook up to the tv), but I'm not sure if I would actually play it as much as I think.

Link to the SUPABOY (because I'm too lazy to save the picture and upload it): Amazon.com: Hyperkin SUPABOY Portable Pocket SNES Console: Video Games

ScottieElisabeth
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Update: I got a Portable NES/SNES system for Christmas. Finally, SNES abilities while in college. :D

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?i=front
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?i=13017

[LINK (http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/)]

Bearded Bugs
01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Update: I got a Portable NES/SNES system for Christmas. Finally, SNES abilities while in college. :D

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?i=front
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?i=13017

[LINK (http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/)]

Why have I never heard of this before?! Lucky you...

Spade.
02-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Plan on buying one from a local place for $40. Works, already tested it, comes with a Mario game, curse my inablility to remember it's name. Any other recommended games?

Gackt
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Plan on buying one from a local place for $40. Works, already tested it, comes with a Mario game, curse my inablility to remember it's name. Any other recommended games?

Super Mario World, Mario All-stars, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Lufia 1&2, depends on what kind of games you like but SNES has and probably will forever have the best games ever. And there are tons to choose from.

Bearded Bugs
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Any other recommended games?

Super Metroid is a must-play for a SNES.

Mikau94
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
I collect them so I play my SNES quite often. I played through Super Metroid about a week ago and now I am playing Super Mario RPG (Which I found for $2 :) ). I currently have about 70 different games for it, both NTSC consoles, A Super Scope plus a couple of rarer games.