PDA

View Full Version : Does Milo come with Kinect?

Crypdan
12-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm Getting kinect for Christmas and want to play with Milo lol

KFZ Scrubs
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Haha, sorry man.... i don't even think they're working on Milo anymore. It does come with Kinect adventures which in my opinion is a nice starter game.

Bleeding Star
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Milo was a tech demo and never planned to be released as a game

Kinect comes with Kinect Adventures which tbh I found pretty shit, get Kinect Sports as soon as possible

NightIMIare x360a
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Kinect Sports is good. I'm thinking about Sonic free Riders myself. I had the first one for gamecube.

HatTrick190
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Milo's been gone for a while now...

master_shake_350
12-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Sorry but WTF is Milo? I missed something.

dakisbac
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry but WTF is Milo? I missed something.

YouTube - Lionhead Peter Molyneux Milo Demo - Xbox 360 Natal in HD!

KFZ Scrubs
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
YouTube - Lionhead Peter Molyneux Milo Demo - Xbox 360 Natal in HD! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpC2TXhJGkE)
Tis a shame, would have been an excellent tool for womenz to mouth off their problems too

PowercomSODMG
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM
damn dude I thought this is going to be released.

EliteShadowMan
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah unfortunately they scrapped the project

SkulloNinja
12-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I believe Milo will come as DLC for the upcoming Xbox 360 version of Michael Jackson: The Experience. LOL j/k

Damn Peter Molyneux and his ability to BS ppl again and again.

TakahashiDemon
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
They scrapped it, Milo was a tech demo, I think they plan to use the technology in Fable III DLC.

Mega Mayo Man
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeh Fable 3 was announced with Kinect-usage, yet to be seen.

As for Milo, every paedo in the world would be buying a kinect if this wasn't scrapped.

kasers
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
That would have been good for people who don't have enough space to play other kinect games such as kinect sports but personally I'd feel abi stupid talking to my tv

Crypdan
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
That would have been good for people who don't have enough space to play other kinect games such as kinect sports but personally I'd feel abi stupid talking to my tv
I thought it was gonna be released, as you say, i don't have much space in my room to play (without getting hurt lol). I speak mainly spanish so this game would've been a great way to improve my english.

master_shake_350
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
YouTube - Lionhead Peter Molyneux Milo Demo - Xbox 360 Natal in HD! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpC2TXhJGkE)

Lol kk, thats one weird game.

WTF is the grey think on top of the 360 though?

VashPR
12-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Im glad they didnt make this. Milo scared the absolute poop outta me lol.

Would deffo atract the wrong kinda crowd

mjc0961
12-08-2010, 04:57 AM
WTF is the grey think on top of the 360 though? Dev kit. They need it to test the game on an actual 360 console from whatever discs they have on hand to burn their versions of the game to. Without it, they would have to have all the test versions they make get certification by Microsoft before they could test it on an actual 360, and that would be very bad and time consuming for developers.

It probably does other things too, but I wouldn't know what.

litepink
12-08-2010, 05:48 AM
According to speculation, they are turning their progress they made in the Milo demo into a NEW Fable game (source: OXM Jan '11)

Capn Doug
12-08-2010, 09:00 AM
According to speculation, they are turning their progress they made in the Milo demo into a NEW Fable game (source: OXM Jan '11)

I had heard that, as well. He originally wanted Fable 3 to have Kinect capability, too. Tricky when the game is released before the platform.

Then again, if there is any genre that Kinect could work really well on, it would be RPGs (particularly JRPGs). Fable would be the one to test it on, too, since the interface is already very simple to begin with (solo character, simplified character interactions, etc). You wouldn't need to sacrifice much, if any, of Fable's core to allow for Kinect.

Wulf0123
12-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Milo was awesome, I don't see why they didn't have him as something. Or even make a virtual friend kind of thing, such as your avatar. you know, give him some life.

R3d Nemesis
12-13-2010, 02:22 PM
it would be really great if they went ahead with milo, it really did look fantastic.
Maybe they could do something similar to the playstation home that would incorporate milo or even where milo is your avatar.;)

TAI JASON
12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
They scrapped it because the Xbox 360 has not enough system cache. Peter say's the AI must save every new step, so the save would be bigger and bigger until it reaches the end. Then the game "must reset" Maybe the next Xbox get it :D

Remember me @ the 10 000 BC game from Peter for Xbox 1. Never released it but it looks cool. Same Problem goes for that.

He has so many visions but after all the consoles have not the power for that. By the way: Black & White was crap....

Phoenix Alight
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
want to play with Milo lol

That is one of the many reasons why Milo is not on Kinect.

I myself, thought it would be awesome to use. However, when I thought about it, it would be a bit creepy having a conversation with a 12 year old boy about what he is doing.

I think they just created him in the promotional time to show-off the capabilities of what Kinect can and will do and just how precise it is.

BruDrew
12-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Milo was a tech demo and never planned to be released as a game

Kinect comes with Kinect Adventures which tbh I found pretty shit, get Kinect Sports as soon as possible

That's half true. MICROSOFT never intended to release it. Lionhead on the other hand, has been developing the game a lot further (Milo & Kate is the name iirc) Though it's not expected to be out until sometime 2011, or possibly 2012.

R3d Nemesis
12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
That is one of the many reasons why Milo is not on Kinect.

I myself, thought it would be awesome to use. However, when I thought about it, it would be a bit creepy having a conversation with a 12 year old boy about what he is doing.

I think they just created him in the promotional time to show-off the capabilities of what Kinect can and will do and just how precise it is.

Yea this is true but milo dose not have to be a young boy/girl. It could be anybody/anything, your avatar, a character from your favourite game. the possibilities go on. i think kinectimals is using a similar thing but without the talking.

Dose anyone remember what the girl computer in charge of the hive was called in resident evil (the films, cant remember if she was in the games)(think it was the red queen & white Queen later)? milo kind of reminds me of her. Thats when it gets a bit freaky for me lol.

R3d Nemesis
12-14-2010, 12:25 PM
That's half true. MICROSOFT never intended to release it. Lionhead on the other hand, has been developing the game a lot further (Milo & Kate is the name iirc) Though it's not expected to be out until sometime 2011, or possibly 2012.

That would be really great if they continued it and went ahead with a release:woop: