PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy achievements? 300 berserker kills

jae200
12-06-2010, 05:33 AM
So I picked the game up friday and really love it.. I'm confused as to the achievement for 300 kills in berserker mode though.. I was playing through phase 5 multiple times farming for blood to upgrade and to work on achievements and got about 307 kills in berserker mode according to the stats page but the achievement didn't unlock. Shortly after I unlocked the achievement for 150 kills with using splatter slash. Has anyone had this happen? Anything I'm missing? Thanks.

Mancerelectro
12-07-2010, 06:53 AM
That is unusual, but I've never heard of it happening... Have you completed the game yet, or did you get to phase 5 and start farming? Might be a chance that you have to have splatter slash and splatter smash unlocked before you actually are able to unlock the achievement.

Fireshark
12-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Yes, this one is glitchy. I had the same issue. My berserker kill unlocked at 350. So keep on hacking and slaying and it will unlock eventually.

jae200
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys.. I haven't finished the game yet. I finished phase 9 this morning and will probably finish up the game tonight. I hope the achievement unlocks eventually.. Once I got splatter smash I was smashing enemies left and right and still have not unlocked it but I will continue on. Also planning on re-playing the game on brutal difficulty when done.

Surprised at the negative reviews for the game. IGN gave it a 4! I find it really enjoyable. Definitely glad I picked it up.

kak2sjak
12-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks guys.. I haven't finished the game yet. I finished phase 9 this morning and will probably finish up the game tonight. I hope the achievement unlocks eventually.. Once I got splatter smash I was smashing enemies left and right and still have not unlocked it but I will continue on. Also planning on re-playing the game on brutal difficulty when done.

Surprised at the negative reviews for the game. IGN gave it a 4! I find it really enjoyable. Definitely glad I picked it up.

i agree! also, i found it far easier playing on brutal for the simple fact that i actually knew what the hell i was doing the second time around...still loads of fun

jae200
12-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I can confirm that the 300 berserker kills achievement unlocks at 350 kills. At one point I brought up the stats menu at 345 kills and it unlocked the next time I used berserker mode.

I finished the game last night and started my 2nd playthrough on brutal. Pretty easy! I'm already on phase 6. One odd thing, when phase 5 started right before the first enemies started coming up through the floor the screen would black out and the mask would say something like 'I'm starting to see a whole new side of you Rick-o' and I would begin falling through the black and instantly died and restarted the phase. It kept doing it over and over until I exited and chose phase 5 without using the 'continue' option.

I'm not sure if it will be possible for me to S rank all of the arena modes.. My best was an A rank. Will keep trying for that though.

Khaoz666
12-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Definitely, mine unlocked at 318 kills I guess, or maybe 350 (I stopped checking).

I still need to get the "S" rank in the arena challenges... that's gonna be really hard.

Anno Demoni
12-13-2010, 09:41 PM
One easy way to get this achievement is to start new games one after another as in the beginning you start with the berserker mode.

XxBlueSpade2xX
12-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Is "Brain Dead" glitchy? I've been tackling and pounding away for a while now and I haven't even seen a counter on the right hand side.

kak2sjak
12-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Is "Brain Dead" glitchy? I've been tackling and pounding away for a while now and I haven't even seen a counter on the right hand side.
there is no counter, you have to count...an unharmed butcher with the blade guy should be good for about 22 hits...that's what i got mine on

XxBlueSpade2xX
12-14-2010, 05:22 AM
there is no counter, you have to count...an unharmed butcher with the blade guy should be good for about 22 hits...that's what i got mine on

Oh, okay thanks. I misread the achievement description. I thought I was supposed to ground and pound 20 different enemies.

HackedInPieces
12-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah brain dead took me a bit to figure out i just rushed with lt+b and then mashed x then 20 kills and achievement popped

smiteus
07-05-2011, 09:09 AM
what i've read some where is that all kills at the start of the game when ur in the berserker mode doesn't count to any achievements but it will keep record of each of those kills, i've also tested it on a 2nd account i checked my kills after the start i had 22, and mine unlocked at 322,

LilAnalAnnie
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I can confirm that the 300 beserker kills are glitchy. I'm not sure exactly why but I have a theory. I unlocked my achievement at around 315 kills. My theory is that certain enemies(example being the ones in the start of phase 3) do not have enough health to count as a kill--however if you do kill them it shows on your counter in the stats menu. I believe the tenacle monster is the same. I got about 15 kills with my berserker on these enemies and once i started killing some normal baddies I got the achievement.

Unless somebody has unlocked this achievement killing those enemies...in that case then I have no theory.

BADDCOMPLEX
08-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Did they patch this, because I had it pop for me at 300.