PDA

View Full Version : Version with all DLC?

Megaman 8bit
12-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Is there going to be a version that includes all of the DLC characters? anyone got any ideas?

CoregBlue1
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I don´t think they´ll release another kind of collectors edition after all releases are over now.

TuMaBlAcK
12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't think they would be plannig on releasing one with all the DLC like the games Dragon Age,BFBC2, Borderlands, and such. The best you can hope for would be discounts for them, I already purchased both so oh well LOL this is one I've the only games I've actually pruchased DLC for anyway.

Kairi
12-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Most likely not unless Blazblue Continuum Shift II comes to consoles as well.

Megaman 8bit
12-09-2010, 02:17 AM
damn thats depressing >< we'll when all 4 of the characters are out i will pick it up unless theres a deal of the week discounting the other 2 characters then i'll pick it up sooner i guess bums me out that they are being this lame -_-

absolutehell
12-09-2010, 02:40 AM
It's not really being lame, they just do not have the resources to redistribute a game that will not sell particularly well. I'm not saying that they do not make a profit, but its miniscule compared to other companies that do it. Also they obviously make a little more by just selling them via dlc.

BTW, Valk is only cheaper till January 10, I believe. Not sure whether its the 10th but definitely sometime next month.

IceKingz
12-09-2010, 03:00 AM
damn thats depressing >< we'll when all 4 of the characters are out i will pick it up unless theres a deal of the week discounting the other 2 characters then i'll pick it up sooner i guess bums me out that they are being this lame -_-

Aren't there only 3 characters: Makoto Valk and Platinum? To be honest, it's not enough content to really warrant a DLC disc. Plus you won't be saving much anyways so you may as well buy them now (especially Valk while he's discounted). This game just doesn't have as much popularity as the bigger ones like Borderlands and CoD.

Boss Battle
12-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Aren't there only 3 characters: Makoto Valk and Platinum? To be honest, it's not enough content to really warrant a DLC disc. Plus you won't be saving much anyways so you may as well buy them now (especially Valk while he's discounted). This game just doesn't have as much popularity as the bigger ones like Borderlands and CoD.
Unless... they completely surprise us six months or so from now, and fill up those top two corner spaces in the character select screen with RELIUS and JUBEI!!!!

......a fan can only dream.

Megaman 8bit
12-09-2010, 09:04 PM
OMG JUBEI WOULD BE AWESOME :P yeah i guess you're right but i have other games to play still so I'm putting off getting this HOPING that a DLC disc will come out :D

KaiFENRIR
12-10-2010, 02:54 AM
There will be NO DLC disc coming out as there is no point in re-releasing a game on disc with only 4 extra characters added.
The only version that is getting a re-release is the arcade cabinet version in japan. Other than that, you will have to download the characters from the marketplace.

IceKingz
12-10-2010, 02:58 AM
There will be NO DLC disc coming out as there is no point in re-releasing a game on disc with only 4 extra characters added.
The only version that is getting a re-release is the arcade cabinet version in japan. Other than that, you will have to download the characters from the marketplace.

*pulls hair out* GAH! Are these typos or am I SERIOUSLY out of the loop? I'm pretty sure there are three characters only: Makoto, Valk, and Platinum. Haha where's this random fourth character coming from??

Also Jubei and Relius (don't forget Nine too =P) would be awesome but personally I think BB3 would already be on it's way by the time they got around to those guys.

Kairi
12-10-2010, 03:21 AM
*pulls hair out* GAH! Are these typos or am I SERIOUSLY out of the loop? I'm pretty sure there are three characters only: Makoto, Valk, and Platinum. Haha where's this random fourth character coming from??

Also Jubei and Relius (don't forget Nine too =P) would be awesome but personally I think BB3 would already be on it's way by the time they got around to those guys.
He is most likely including Mu, who was not included in the arcade version on BBCS.

Setsuna x360a
12-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Unless... they completely surprise us six months or so from now, and fill up those top two corner spaces in the character select screen with RELIUS and JUBEI!!!!

......a fan can only dream.

Probably in the next BB but i dont see it happening in BBCS now ... they'll probably add them to correlate to the story mode

Theres no confirmation about that but its highly likely that that'll be the case however i think a new disc at the price of maybe ... $20 ... an expansion disc that needs the first game to play would be nice because

1. Tournaments ... this helps for Tournament Organizers because with BBCSII they'll have to have every console for BBCSII have the update and characters all downloaded for it to be fair and playable, with a new disc this could make things ALOT easier ... its already bad with the DLC characters like Makoto and Valk and even Mu who you have to unlock

2. Challenge Mode, because of the balance changes alot of these combos will no longer work

3. DLC additions - The new characters (Mu, Makoto, Valk and Plat) will all be getting an arcade mode and story mode

4. Unlimited Wars - a new mode where you must face off against all Unlimited characters, other details are still unknown

Now they could make this is LARGE DOWNLOAD, like Samurai Warriors 2 > SW2 XL but because the game was already $40 for us ($20 dollars cheaper than a normal retail game especially when JP paid full price) i see no reason why they cant just cramp it all into an optional expansion disc, they do it for Fallout, Borderlands and such ... why not BBCS ... thats imo anyway

TakahashiDemon
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
In the UK here there was a Fan Edition that included Makoto DLC, I was about to preorder it to find out it was already sold out, was only 500 copies available.

tbh having a DLC disc of this game will not really be worth it, unless like what Setsuna said above, if it had that kind of DLC it would be worth it.

Also does anyone know when the unlimited character pack be released to UK? It says about it in MarketPlace in actual game but its not in the list when I go to check.

I would have preferred Jubei over Platinum as the last DLC character, guess have to wait for BB3 which should have him, and Saya probably.

IceKingz
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
He is most likely including Mu, who was not included in the arcade version on BBCS.

Ahh, makes sense! Thanks for that answer!

Megaman 8bit
12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
*sigh* I'm sad to hear :P oh well I guess I'll have to get it sooner or later :P thanks everyone for the help

KaiFENRIR
12-11-2010, 06:28 AM
1. Tournaments ... this helps for Tournament Organizers because with BBCSII they'll have to have every console for BBCSII have the update and characters all downloaded for it to be fair and playable, with a new disc this could make things ALOT easier ... its already bad with the DLC characters like Makoto and Valk and even Mu who you have to unlock

2. Challenge Mode, because of the balance changes alot of these combos will no longer work

3. DLC additions - The new characters (Mu, Makoto, Valk and Plat) will all be getting an arcade mode and story mode

4. Unlimited Wars - a new mode where you must face off against all Unlimited characters, other details are still unknown

Now they could make this is LARGE DOWNLOAD, like Samurai Warriors 2 > SW2 XL but because the game was already $40 for us ($20 dollars cheaper than a normal retail game especially when JP paid full price) i see no reason why they cant just cramp it all into an optional expansion disc, they do it for Fallout, Borderlands and such ... why not BBCS ... thats imo anyway

1. Waste of a disc. Tournament mode would only work online, and would most likely only feature a winners bracket. Patches are constantly being released therefore no disc would be up-to-date.

2. Challenge mode is getting combo changes when the patch comes out.

3. DLC characters will be useable in Arcade and Legion mode in the future patch (Story mode is unknown).

4. New feature in Arcade mode that allows you to fight Unlimited characters only if you wish to do so.

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 listed above are CONFIRMED.

When you combine all the character dlc's and additional stuff, including patches, it will be a large downloadble file. However, that doesn't mean it has to be made into an expansion disc. Such a disc would feature EVERYTHING from the disc + dlc. Why pay full price for a game, just pay the EXACT SAME PRICE for an expansion disc when it is cheaper just to download the files?

Setsuna x360a
12-11-2010, 07:09 AM
1. Waste of a disc. Tournament mode would only work online, and would most likely only feature a winners bracket. Patches are constantly being released therefore no disc would be up-to-date.

2. Challenge mode is getting combo changes when the patch comes out.

3. DLC characters will be useable in Arcade and Legion mode in the future patch (Story mode is unknown).

4. New feature in Arcade mode that allows you to fight Unlimited characters only if you wish to do so.

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 listed above are CONFIRMED.

When you combine all the character dlc's and additional stuff, including patches, it will be a large downloadble file. However, that doesn't mean it has to be made into an expansion disc. Such a disc would feature EVERYTHING from the disc + dlc. Why pay full price for a game, just pay the EXACT SAME PRICE for an expansion disc when it is cheaper just to download the files?

Im not talking about a Tournament mode, i meant tournaments in general, offline setups and such.

Expansion disc's dont usually hold both the content of the original game and DLC ... just the DLC about half (maybe more) require the original game to gain access to the DLC content

An expansion disc wouldnt be full price they would be around $20 - $30 normally depending on (in this case ArcSys/Aksys) and it is an optional matter, they dont have to but it would be nice for as i said already the Tournament Scenes i mentioned, patches do get made ... for minor things but this is for overall re-balancing of the characters themselves

ANIMAL NL
03-20-2011, 05:35 PM
can you unlock dlc achievements from a disc on 2 profiles on different xboxes or is limited to one?

The Nonexistenc
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I think at this point we might not see one. Especially since there were rumors that they're already starting on the next BB, people might just opt out for that one. It's like people who are interested in BB already have it, and people who aren't but considering would just wait for the next one where they'll have all the characters, like Jubei.

Not to mention that people who bought the disc and the characters when they came out would be pissed that they came out with this collection disc so soon after releasing the characters.

I'd love to play Jubei, btw.