PDA

View Full Version : Doritos games

Vermillion Haze
12-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Why does everyone flame these games? They are free! Think about all those people who can barely afford their gold status month to month. A freebie is pretty nice eh? You can't talk trash about something that costs nothing. Thats not even the sad thing. The sad thing is these two doritos games while not refined quality are actually better then say 60% of the XBL arcade library. If you must take time out of your day to lash out at Dash of Destruction or Sneak-King or any other game someone gave the kiddies for free then I suggest paying 59.99 for some p.o.s cabela's hunt game so you can mow down hippo's in true hillbilly fashion.

mihai7645
12-09-2010, 01:04 AM
true!

i quite like a lot both of these games and i'm hoping that this kind of games will come more often...

intheshallow
12-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I completely agree. I am actually having some fun with this game and it's FREE. How can you beat that?

Sgt Scyther
12-09-2010, 03:31 AM
That's like saying you can't complain if someone gives a bag of dog poo for free because it was free.

I think these games are pretty fun, but they do have some major problems that aren't easy to ignore.

StillTIPPIN187
12-09-2010, 05:02 AM
This game itself its way better than half the arcade and retail games. Hell i can think of a call of duty game that i think much less of then this game. CoD3! This game>Cod3. Hows that! xD

[Waggly Bean]
12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
That's like saying you can't complain if someone gives a bag of dog poo for free because it was free.

Not really. You'll happily play these games, and I'm going to assume that you wouldn't happily sit and play with a bag of dog-poo. At least I hope that's the case!

I think it's more like being offered Kinnerton chocolate instead of Cadburys.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to playing both new Doritos games just as soon as I've finished Blade Kitten! :p

MopFlop
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
tbh i dont think this one is that great. but its not a bad game. Yaris was a bad free game. However Harms way i think is awesome. wish there was more than 3 levels on that

MoldyClay87
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I think a lot of people hate this game simply because it isn't that easy to get the 200 GS since the Gold medals are obnoxious once you get to the end of Europe.

They're like "OH MAN, FREE GAME. DORITOS? EASY 200" and download it then rage that their gamerscore isn't complete fast enough since they don't have patience or aren't that good at it.

Barad
12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Doritos are legends for this..its great.

ADenton109
12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
There will be a lot more people that appreciate the game than there are moaning about it but just not voicing there opinion.

I myself really enjoy the free games and take advantage of them because its rear we get them.

Jedi sy
12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
It's free. If you don't like it then why even bother posting about it? My kids love it as they like Total Wipeout.

I broke into 60,000 gamerscore with this wooo hooooo

Bastado
12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
This game is fantastic for something that cost me absolutely nothing!! I actually went out and bought a point card an hour before these games appeared on the marketplace. I had intentions to exhaust the points on new arcade games to add to the collection. Yet I still havent had the urge to spend them since this and Harm's Way have kept me busy enough to not have to. I love it, at least 5-6 hours of entertainment for free. THX Doritos!!

People will complain for many reasons, as this game is not perfect by any means. But most seem to be whining because they cant handle that some of these achievements actually take some time. Suck it up hynas!

sgt haggis
12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
this is a good game:woop:

Cyberfire
12-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Dash and Harms Way are great, cant stand Crash Course, but its free so whatever.

Kaiyo
12-09-2010, 09:54 PM
This is a good game, yes yes yes and its free.

AwesomeJake69
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
can someone give me a list of all the doritos games? i know of Dash of destruction, harm's way, and crash course, is there any others? and are they still available?

[Waggly Bean]
12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
can someone give me a list of all the doritos games? i know of Dash of destruction, harm's way, and crash course, is there any others? and are they still available?

No that's all of them. There's only the 3. ;)

There were other freebie games, but they weren't Doritos ones.
(Yaris, Totemball and Aegis Wing are what I'm talking about btw). :)

AwesomeJake69
12-09-2010, 11:38 PM
ok, can u still get yaris? and any other freebies that are still around?

Vermillion Haze
12-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Harms way (although taking some liberties with Death Race) is a great concept and easily worth 800 microsoft points. Its free and more importantly its not made to advertise chips, its a real game they could sale legit.

DeafSunchaser
12-10-2010, 03:22 AM
fantastic games lol

knotfan123
12-10-2010, 03:50 AM
If you get even 10 minutes of enjoyment out of it then it was worth it. The game is free ffs so get over it.

5* Thread

Armando Batista
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I think the fact they are free is amazing.. is part nš 1 of divertment...

this game is fantastic... make me happy

MagicMurderBag7
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
My only complaint with it is that there will most likely never be any DLC.

I did enjoy Dash of Destruction and even played it after getting my 200 :eek:.

I remember when they were doing the contest to pick which of these games will get made and i voted for Crash Course and would have even payed 800 for it. I love watching Ninja Warrior and now i love playing the game for it. Too bad its only 15 levels with 0% chance for DLC:(

[Waggly Bean]
12-10-2010, 06:38 PM
ok, can u still get yaris? and any other freebies that are still around?

Yaris is no longer available. Aegis Wing is only available to a US account (and whether it's still available now I have no idea).

But you're in luck anyway. This disc (http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/1422-aegis-wing-hexic-hd-dash-destruction-totem-ball-yaris-full-games.html) contains all of the free games (except these two new ones obviously). You just burn the ISO file to a CD-R, put it in and go to your Games Library. They shouuld then appear. And don't worry, there's no legal problems with the disc - as you can see by reading the linked thread! ;)

Sgt Scyther
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I notice the original poster said something about Sneak King as a free game people lash out at. Sneak King wasn't free, you had to pay like $2 or $3 for it or something. Even if Sneak King was free it deserves nothing but hatred because it's seriously one of the worst games ever made.

As for Crash Course, I don't mind that it's difficult. Hell, I love Super Meat Boy and that's one of the most difficult games ever made. But Crash Course seems chock full of cheap deaths and inconsistent controls. Like I said, for free game, it's not that bad but I certainly wouldn't have paid money for this. With a little more polish it could have been something really great.

CrazyHench x360a
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I think you cant really complain with a free game, especially when you get Gamerscore and pics. Not only that but I really enjoy the game :)

Kaiyo
12-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't ever complain about a free arcade game that has achievements except for Pinball FX 2.

RealistIdealist
12-11-2010, 12:59 AM

I think these games are pretty fun, but they do have some major problems that aren't easy to ignore.

Hardly. Unless you willingly take a bag of dog poo then it's not the same thing.

shewillnotdie
12-11-2010, 09:43 PM
IMO both of these games are pretty damn fun for free. If you get a group of friends together on XBL for Harms Way it's pretty damn fun, and same for Crash Course. A group of friends makes either of these games mad fun. Specially for free!

They're both definitely a lot funner than Dash of Destruction was! :rolleyes:

gatorbait
12-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I have had a blast with both games so far. I would not have played these if they weren't free, unless they were maybe a couple bucks, but they are fun little enjoyable games. The achievements in this one particularly are pretty fun to go after. Plus you have to compare these to some of the previous free games, in which these are far better.

tunaleg
12-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Very impressed with these games. Although the chieves in Harm's Way were the easiest I've ever seen, not complaining about free gamerscore but some harder/time consuming chieves would have kept me playing longer (which I wouldn't mind).

DonkeyBong71
12-12-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't ever complain about a free arcade game that has achievements except for Pinball FX 2.

...and Game Room.

KINGvJAMES
12-12-2010, 03:02 AM
;3813964']No that's all of them. There's only the 3. ;)

There were other freebie games, but they weren't Doritos ones.
(Yaris, Totemball and Aegis Wing are what I'm talking about btw). :)
Don't forget about Hexic HD :)

EA Shenron
12-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Totally agree ! Free, a lot funier than Dash of Destruction, how can we complain? A bit of challenge for gold medal in crash course is a good thing, a least we deserve our achievements.

ZenGaba
12-15-2010, 04:44 AM
;3816008']Yaris is no longer available. Aegis Wing is only available to a US account (and whether it's still available now I have no idea).

But you're in luck anyway. This disc (http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/1422-aegis-wing-hexic-hd-dash-destruction-totem-ball-yaris-full-games.html) contains all of the free games (except these two new ones obviously). You just burn the ISO file to a CD-R, put it in and go to your Games Library. They shouuld then appear. And don't worry, there's no legal problems with the disc - as you can see by reading the linked thread! ;)

Hey, have you actually done this? I just tried it, and when I insert the disc, it comes up as "Mixed Media Disc" on the dashboard and I can't do anything to access it. Also, none of the games actually show up in my games library. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm guessing it has something to do with the new dashboard update. I'm really hoping to get it working so I can play these games!

[Waggly Bean]
12-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey, have you actually done this? I just tried it, and when I insert the disc, it comes up as "Mixed Media Disc" on the dashboard and I can't do anything to access it. Also, none of the games actually show up in my games library. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm guessing it has something to do with the new dashboard update. I'm really hoping to get it working so I can play these games!

I already had the games so I didn't need to do it, but I burnt it for a friend a while back and it worked on his 360 fine.

Where are you from though? I have a feeling I read that it only worked on PAL consoles, but I could always be wrong on that.

You are supposed to access them from the Game Library though. They definitely don't play by clicking on 'play disc'.

ZenGaba
12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm in the US. And yeah, I checked the games library with no luck :(

UJustWanna
12-17-2010, 01:05 PM

This............

DonkeyBong71
12-18-2010, 07:39 PM

i had to burn a DVD to get them to work, after the CD i first burnt didn't.

xOhNoes11
12-20-2010, 10:40 AM
This is probably one of the best free games that I've played other than Aegis Wing and maybe Undertow

Boots Orion
12-20-2010, 03:24 PM

That's not really free since you have to pay ridiculous MS points for the tables. That's like saying Games Room or Hasbro Family Night are free.

Concerning this game...most people are angry because getting Golds on every course is mind-numbing. I can't complain about this because noone is forcing anyone to get all Gold medals. If you have an inferiority complex and feel the need to get all achievements even though you hate doing it - just to make yourself feel more important...don't blame Doritos for that.

Syberpro
02-19-2011, 05:14 AM
i think its pretty well made game and passes time

shanky86
03-27-2011, 05:30 AM
So many people hating Crash Course. I actually had heaps of fun with it think it was pretty awesome. Ironically, I've tried to get my girlfriend into casual games a fair bit.. Splosion Man, ilo milo, Harry Potter Lego etc (games which you actually pay for). She hasn't got into any of them, but this one she absolutely loves and is addicted to, and it was a free.
Also when my non gaming friends came over, I tried to put Scott Pilgrim in for 4 player co-op. But everyone wanted to play Crash Course. Most people just hate it because of the hard achievements.

Toams07
07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I enjoyed it from the start and I still do
I have multiple friends who asked me to get Gold medals on all levels cause I am way better than them. Pretty useful, cause that gave me enough practise to eventually get all Golds myself too :)

Walecs360
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
People who hate this game are gamers of last generation who can only play shi... games such as kinect sports. If they were born on the Nintendo 64 era... they wouldn't talk so.