PDA

View Full Version : A little help

Nervous Xian
12-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm new to the game and know absolutely nothing about it. I played MTG for years so I understand CCGs pretty well, but I'm really struggling with deck building. I'm still using the initial deck and have gotten about 200 cards unlocked so far. I've looked at the tips about deck building and still don't feel like I've won some good cards to make a successful deck.

I tried to drop and add to the initial deck using some of the cards mentioned in other posts here and failed miserably. So any advice is welcome. And I would also say it's not that I'm getting my teeth kicked in when I play, I usually can make it to the tourney then Crow or someone else usually beats me down.

Anybody that could help me out with some mentoring and deck building it would greatly be appreciated. And I know that listing all the cards I unlocked so far would also be a pain in the ass, so whatever is easiest for you I'm game.

UK Dennis
12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I think it's best to focus on Gettin better cards for either a themed deck (spellcaster, burn, warrior, etc), or just a deck with all the good cards in. You could do this by focusing on winning the preliminary rounds. So even if you do get through just quit and start again.
I'm not gonna list cards that are great, since you have probably read them all before.

SynysterChris
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
This game is primarily runs on rare cards, Which is kind of a shame. Though there are exceptions to every rule. I'm sure there are just common,uncommon decks that are good, but most people's decks seem to run around primarily rare cards.

Unlike with MTG where you can create some really awesome decks with just commons, or uncommon cards.

Though for this game, especially against the AI, and to help you get cards faster I would try and build some type of burn deck. Or a Chain Energy deck, the AI really doesn't know how to combat that card too well, as they will just throw out cards, and take big chucks of LP every time the play a card.

So Cards to looks for would be
Des Koala
Marshmallon
Mask of Darkness
Chain Energy
Secret Barrel
Just Deserts
Oozaki
Tremendous Fire
Wave-Motion Cannon
Magic Jammer
Seven-Tools of the Bandit

These are some cards that work well together, you could also throw in Chain Strike, if you can get a good chain going, it can add up to some major damage in a chain.

DeeJayMark
12-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I agree, for starters, a burn deck would probably be the best deal to unlock cards since the AI is a pain in this game...

Monsters
x1 Spirit Reaper
x1 Marshmallon
x3 Des Koala
x3 Blast Sphere
x3 Giant Germ

Spells
x2 Dark Room Of Nightmares
x3 Poison Of The Old Man
x3 Tremendous Fire
x3 Chain Strike
x3 Wave Motion Cannon
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x3 Ookazi

Traps
x1 Magic Cylinder
x3 Dimension Wall
x3 Just Dessert
x1 Ceasefire
x3 Secret Barrel
x1 Ojama Trio

These are some really good cards for burn decks that does the job real quick

UK Dennis
12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree, for starters, a burn deck would probably be the best deal to unlock cards since the AI is a pain in this game...

Monsters
x1 Spirit Reaper
x1 Marshmallon
x3 Des Koala
x3 Blast Sphere
x3 Giant Germ

Spells
x2 Dark Room Of Nightmares
x3 Poison Of The Old Man
x3 Tremendous Fire
x3 Chain Strike
x3 Wave Motion Cannon
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x3 Ookazi

Traps
x1 Magic Cylinder
x3 Dimension Wall
x3 Just Dessert
x1 Ceasefire
x3 Secret Barrel
x1 Ojama Trio

These are some really good cards for burn decks that does the job real quick

Don't forget about necroface decks, Since they can get you the most points ;)

SynysterChris
12-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Don't forget about necroface decks, Since they can get you the most points ;)
Really? About how many points do you usually get on average with a Necroface deck. And what cards to you use in one.
I use NecroFace in my Shadow Priestess Burn deck, but That's just to cycle my cards back in my deck if I'm about to get deck, which also gives a nice power card.

Combo Macro Cosmos
ShadowP
DD Scout/DD survivor They always bounce back at end phases, for 1600 LP a turn.
Works well with Dark Room of Nightmare.

UK Dennis
12-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Uhm, i normally get around 600 points. I think thats with pretty much the same deck as H.S

DeeJayMark
12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
it would be something like that:

Monsters:

2x Necroface
2x D.D. Scout PLane
3x Gren Maju Da Eiza
2x Caius The Shadow Monarch
3x Banisher Of Radiance
3x Needle Worm
1x Banisher Of Light
1x Dimensional Alchemist

Spells:
2x Dimensional Fissure
3x Soul Absorption
1x Burial From a Different Dimension
1x Grand Convergence
1x Dimension Hole
1x Gold Sarcophagus
1x Level Limit Area B
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Allure Of Darkness

Trap:

3x Macro Cosmos
1x Return Form The Different Dimension
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Gravity Bind
1x Mirror Force
3x D.D. Dynamite

theirs other cards depending on how you want to play it...

Dark Core
D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
Prometheus King Of Shadows
D.D. Assailant
D.D. Warrior
D.D. Warrior Lady
Soul Release
Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
Morphing Jar
Cyber Valley
D.D. Survivor
Armageddon Knight