PDA

View Full Version : What counts as an enemy

L0cke89
12-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey,

I#m just doing the achievements for killing 50 enemie with the multi-arrow and 30 guys with fire arrows. I know I killed over 60-70 but a lot of them were animals, because so late into the game I can't really find guys that I can kill with arrows :/

Do animals count as enemies for the achievements or am I doing something else wrong?

cheevo360
12-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey,

I#m just doing the achievements for killing 50 enemie with the multi-arrow and 30 guys with fire arrows. I know I killed over 60-70 but a lot of them were animals, because so late into the game I can't really find guys that I can kill with arrows :/

Do animals count as enemies for the achievements or am I doing something else wrong?

Hey I can answer that because I got both achievements and very easy do it in begin of chapter 1 there so many enemies and yes both achievements counts as kill animals because they are enemies too.

Are you near to end of game? if that then you have reload any previous savepoint or playthrough new game and get through until chapter 1, you will get both achievements :)

Also if some enemies is high levels just leave them alone or you can sword attacks until their health bar went near end of death or half way of bar so if this happen you want face hard level enemies then put sword away and put bow and arrows on for fire or multi-arrow arrows.

L0cke89
12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok, so I got both achievements yesterday but the one for the fire arrows is very weird. I killed over 100 enemies (Varns, Necris animals etc.) in Erimos (I hope that's what the first big island is called ;p) and only got 25 after checking the menu.

So I tried a few things. It seems that a fire arrow only counts as a kill under specific conditions which I haven't figured out yet. I don't know if you have to directly hit your target with the arrow or just the ground near them so the fire burst will kill them.

I know I killed over 100 enemies in that time span, because I checked my killcount before and after.

Anybody know the specific conditions?

Overdub
12-11-2010, 10:19 PM
It seems that a fire arrow only counts as a kill under specific conditions which I haven't figured out yet. I don't know if you have to directly hit your target with the arrow or just the ground near them so the fire burst will kill them.
I did a bit of experimenting and and think you are right. The enemy/animal must die from the fire damage not from the damage of the arrow itself.

Best way is to hit the ground next to it.

I checked my counter after each kill and this seems to be right.

cheevo360
12-11-2010, 11:20 PM
yeah also arrows is infinie ammo so not have worry about ammos gone and find more or buy either I got achievements 2 days ago I just keep shooting at animals and make sure it is dead. So yes correct for make sure any enemies is dead from that to counts not damages hehe :)

TheLegendOf1977
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Ok, so I got both achievements yesterday but the one for the fire arrows is very weird. I killed over 100 enemies (Varns, Necris animals etc.) in Erimos (I hope that's what the first big island is called ;p) and only got 25 after checking the menu.

So I tried a few things. It seems that a fire arrow only counts as a kill under specific conditions which I haven't figured out yet. I don't know if you have to directly hit your target with the arrow or just the ground near them so the fire burst will kill them.

I know I killed over 100 enemies in that time span, because I checked my killcount before and after.

Anybody know the specific conditions?

THANK GOD for posting this! I thought i was going crazy!! Nearly 120 kills and no achievement, really thought it was glitched or something...
F**k stupid/wrong achievement descriptions!

DENAz666
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks guys! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out!

DENAz666
12-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Ok what I've figured out is that you can hit a regular enemy straight on with a fire arrow, but I beleive if your killing animals, it needs to be splash damage

TheLegendOf1977
12-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Ok what I've figured out is that you can hit a regular enemy straight on with a fire arrow, but I beleive if your killing animals, it needs to be splash damage

Dont think so... there's an area in the south west of the savannah with over 50 Varn and i killed them all, but no achievement.

Wing Gundam Zero
01-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Anything you're able to kill.

DENAz666
01-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Dont think so... there's an area in the south west of the savannah with over 50 Varn and i killed them all, but no achievement.

Definately worked for me. I was taking out Varn with it myself and the achievment popped without a problem. I was weakening them with normal arrows, then finishing with a Fire Arrow.

Dunno, maybe its just a bit buggy? or maybe its because my Fire Arrows are still at level 1, so they don't actually do splash damage?

TheLegendOf1977
01-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Definately worked for me. I was taking out Varn with it myself and the achievment popped without a problem. I was weakening them with normal arrows, then finishing with a Fire Arrow.

Dunno, maybe its just a bit buggy? or maybe its because my Fire Arrows are still at level 1, so they don't actually do splash damage?

Well my fire arrows are also level1 and i even hit them with ONLY fire arrows! Al the running around waiting for the arrows to recharge, took me ages and still no cheevo...:mad:

DENAz666
01-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Well my fire arrows are also level1 and i even hit them with ONLY fire arrows! Al the running around waiting for the arrows to recharge, took me ages and still no cheevo...:mad:

That is strange man, I was checking my stats after every kill and saw it going up. It was only the animals that screwed it around a bit :(

TheLegendOf1977
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Okay now i feel stupid, but you can check your stats?

EDIT: found it, the first time i've actually opened a gamemanual in at least 5 years...

TheLegendOf1977
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Soooo, finally got the achievement and here's what i know: (this is some weird shit indeed) I went back to my old savefile (where i killed at least 50 varn and some animals) i checked my stats and it said id only killed 21 with fire arrows!?
Right in front of me where two rhino's, i killed both and looked at my stats again: 23 kills! Yes! So safe to assume that animals DO count right?
Wrong!! Because after that i killed 2 warthogs a cheetah and a varn, still 23 kills! WTF!!?
So i ran cross savannah killing every rhino i saw and finally it unlocked :confused:

Owh, and i hit everyone directly so i think the splash damage part could be BS...

sebbann
01-06-2011, 03:30 AM
i shoot the animals directly with fire arrows and they die but i dont get the achievement!

DENAz666
01-06-2011, 03:40 AM
i shoot the animals directly with fire arrows and they die but i dont get the achievement!

Read the thread man, only some animals count it seems, and any humanoids seem to be glitchy as. Although I had no probs with shooting Varn and getting it. Just check your stats after each kill, and that'll tell you if its working or not :)

Wullsterino
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
According to the code in the PC version, the arrows are treated like spells, with the arrows acting as the Carrier element. The "Spell" Flame Arrow itself is the fire effect from the Flame Arrow. It calculates the Carrier damage first (a standard piercing attack from the arrow), then applies the Flame Arrow damage, so sometimes you cause not enough piercing damage to kill, but enough that the Flame Arrow damage kills

You will need to level it up to level 3 to get the 4m area of effect in order to get splash damage on the enemies. I can confirm that chickens and vultures count towards kills as well. With Multi-Arrow, BTW, you don't need to hit multiple targets, you can just use it to kill one target and it counts.

TheLegendOf1977
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
According to the code in the PC version, the arrows are treated like spells, with the arrows acting as the Carrier element. The "Spell" Flame Arrow itself is the fire effect from the Flame Arrow. It calculates the Carrier damage first (a standard piercing attack from the arrow), then applies the Flame Arrow damage, so sometimes you cause not enough piercing damage to kill, but enough that the Flame Arrow damage kills

You will need to level it up to level 3 to get the 4m area of effect in order to get splash damage on the enemies. I can confirm that chickens and vultures count towards kills as well. With Multi-Arrow, BTW, you don't need to hit multiple targets, you can just use it to kill one target and it counts.

Cool! Thanx for clearing that up! Makes sence now why the rhino's counted and the other animals didn't.