PDA

View Full Version : Turning Kinect Off?

Untouchabl3
12-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Ok, Just want to play a regular game or surf the dashboard, is there a way to turn the kinect off or should you just unplug it? or just let it keep watching me?:p

Capn Doug
12-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Let it watch... makes thing... naughty....

Kinect really doesn't interfere with anything, so there really isn't any need to disable it. Only time I ever had an issue was when I was doing party chat in the dashboard and it picked up the word XBox, taking me to Kinect Hub. Nothing serious.

Braiiins
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
As posted above it doesn't interfere unless you're talking loud enough for it to hear words it responds to or if you are moving around a lot it may think you're waving to switch to the kinect dashboard.

I haven't set it up since I got the new xbox but when I used it on my old one I would notice sometimes it went to sleep, I don't know when it does this but I noticed it while watching netflix. It must've gone on standby or something and tilted forward.

XRedemptional
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
What I do is I just disconnect it from my xbox.

rvlution
12-12-2010, 08:45 PM
I've not had any problems with it interfering other than a not that great voice recognition. But you could just unplug it I guess.

Mega Mayo Man
12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
If you get annoyed by the Kinect mic like I do in Black Ops picking up background noise, go into chat and turn it off.

If you find it weird watching you, or find that it slows your loading time when playing non-kinect games from start-up like myself, just unplug and leave it hanging by your USB port.

There really shouldn't be a thread for an unplugging suggestion lol

Evo Kazz
12-13-2010, 02:09 PM
No need to mess with wires or anything, you just go to console settings and turn it off, simple. Most people will be fine with it on, but for people like me, with kids, who as soon as you leave the room, start waving and jumping about and end up launching games and what not, its best off.

TAI JASON
12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
One option:

Only starting Kinect after you start a Kinectgame or a simple on/off option in the dashboard. Would be cool. I don't like do disconnect the cable everytime i don't wanna use kinect.

BruDrew
12-14-2010, 03:19 AM
I just disconnect if I don't want it on. Which I usually just leave it be. However, I have noticed that occasionally, while playing Black ops, if I forgot to mute the kinect microphone before going into the game, and then muting it afterward, any party I join and talk through using my turtle beach headphones is put out through the game audio, not the chat audio, which is weird. minor bug there somewhere i guess.

Evo Kazz
12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
One option:

Only starting Kinect after you start a Kinectgame or a simple on/off option in the dashboard. Would be cool. I don't like do disconnect the cable everytime i don't wanna use kinect.

There is an option. I use it daily, having to disconnect the cable and plug it in every day is just annoying, and could reduce the life of the cable faster.

TAI JASON
12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
There is an option. I use it daily, having to disconnect the cable and plug it in every day is just annoying, and could reduce the life of the cable faster.

Realy? Öhhhm and where is it? Am i blind? :D

King Agam
12-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Got to my xbox tab, scroll to end(options i think) click kinect...there there is an on/off option

scarface
12-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I leave it plugged in. Although it does get annoying when I'm playing online, and it picks up sounds from the TV or 360. I sometimes get random party invites because people think that I'm using a headset.

Pyrochaos
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
I always leave it on idc. If MS is really watching us all the when it's on, they are going to be seeing a naked man doing things they don't want to see.

ADuckInATub
12-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I think You just say XBOX OFF or something like that?

cravin
12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
when playing normal games i usually have faced away from me

FayIND
12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
i always unplug the cable from the xbox after i played with my kinect

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-23-2010, 04:15 PM
just turn it off with the dashboard. its in the manual

Berad Jenkins
12-26-2010, 06:31 AM
just got my kinect yesterday for christmas.

great tips, ty.

BiLLY13xX
12-30-2010, 03:02 AM
Unplug it, if your chats on when its plugged everyone will hear you

Aerobooy
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Plug of it from xbox :)

TheGholst
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I just leave mine plugged in. I was wondering why the chat icon in games was popping up when I didn't have a headset on. Figured out it was the kinect mic picking me up.