PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack

WarShenanigans
12-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know where the soundtrack can be purchased? Preferably the soundtrack that has the songs of Old Gods of Asgard and not the instrumental soundtrack. Any help would be appreciated.

NightTimeScene
12-25-2010, 02:05 AM
I have it man, you want it?

WarShenanigans
12-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Is it just Poets of the Fall who do the soundtrack or are there other bands as well?

jung4ever
12-25-2010, 08:17 PM
I love the Nick Cave song in the game (up jumped the devil) I'd be interested in the sdtrk as well...I'll try looking it up on torrentz

iam_theghost
12-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Great soundtrack! After the ending having "Space Oddity" creep up in the credits was brilliant.

ozgoon56
12-29-2010, 05:50 AM
iam_theghost, that was an absolute wow moment for me when the end credits started. So much so in fact that I think you almost need a spoiler warning for anybody who hasn't got to the end yet.

I have a workmate who, like me, was blown away by the use of the Big O track in chapter one and I'm waiting for him to buy the full game and play through to the end so I can see his reaction to the credits music.

There was obviously a lot of thought and care went into the production of AW and the music choices were certainly a huge part of that.

iam_theghost
12-29-2010, 06:10 AM
iam_theghost, that was an absolute wow moment for me when the end credits started. So much so in fact that I think you almost need a spoiler warning for anybody who hasn't got to the end yet.

I have a workmate who, like me, was blown away by the use of the Big O track in chapter one and I'm waiting for him to buy the full game and play through to the end so I can see his reaction to the credits music.

There was obviously a lot of thought and care went into the production of AW and the music choices were certainly a huge part of that.

I truly got goosebumps when the song faded in!
Perhaps i should've added a *spoiler alert* I figured it was just the credits, but really it is an impacting moment, and great way to close out the game

ozgoon56
12-29-2010, 06:27 AM
I truly got goosebumps when the song faded in!
Perhaps i should've added a *spoiler alert* I figured it was just the credits, but really it is an impacting moment, and great way to close out the game

Goosebumps plus a whole range of emotions as the impact of that inspired choice of sung sunk in. For me that changed what was already a really good ending into an almost perfect one. One final twist in the picture that I had been just about getting my head around. And you can bet I'll think of Alan Wake every time I hear it played in future. :)