PDA

View Full Version : Still need the 5.million$? click here for info.

Toathy
12-13-2010, 01:01 PM
This is a post from skullrobot

here's an update. I finally unlocked this achievement yesterday. It seems that the tournaments update at 5:20am my time (11:20pm EST). They give you 6 1/2 hours to do them. I was able to make 1 million yesterday from the 1 daily and 1 weekly available. I do not know how long this will last.

We were trying to figure out how the tournament could just stop.
Well they didnt seem like the people in-charge got a little sneaky.

Anyway this achievement is still attainable (for now).

I missed my chance by a few hours but I can confirm this is true.

Make sure you check every sunday. You should get 500k easy everytime.

:)

Paul Broughton
12-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I played a daily round this morning and only got 150k from a 32 million purse. I think I finished 12th. I played just 1/4 rounds in the weekly tournament and I thought that would be enough just to pick up a bit of extra cash but got zero. Does anyone know if you have to do all 4 rounds for it to count? I wasn't bothered about were I placed, just wanted easy money.

Paul Broughton
12-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Another problem was gamers who have got the achievement still play to either hold back other players or just because they can't afford tiger 11 and play for fun. These guys are very good at the game too and get 20 under in extreme conditions.

Toathy
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
For the weekly tourneys you must finish all 4 rounds or you will get a DQ.

As for the other players they dont play to hold other people back they play to keep there rank on the leaderboards.

But I wouldnt worrie too much 3-5 weekly tourneys and you should be close to your goal.

Paul Broughton
12-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Lets just hope EA keep it going long enough for me to get my achievement!!!

Toathy
12-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Well I was on last night and they were there.

Got 9th place. So that's 879,000$ give a little more for actual ammount.

Anyway after the weekly tourney im only 300k - 400k away.

Both of the Dayli tourneys were DLC. So no luck there.

Hopefully next sundays tourney will be as easy as this one was.

Also I think they will stop doing this probably around febuary
(Just a guess. Could also so be january.)

All I know is this achievement is still atainable. So get it while you can.

kingcoopzilla
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Your predictions look like they are going to be alarmingly accurate; not sure i'll be able to get this achievement. :(

MartyO
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Is getting the $5 million still possible? I don't see any tournaments available right now for any of the categories?

xRaW CaRNage x
03-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Is getting the $5 million still possible? I don't see any tournaments available right now for any of the categories?
Yeah there still possible. Every Sunday around 11 pm - 12 am to around 6 am Monday morning est time they run two tournaments. Its bullshit that they only do it then.

lazyworker
03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah there still possible. Every Sunday around 11 pm - 12 am to around 6 am Monday morning est time they run two tournaments. Its bullshit that they only do it then.

Is that est time? Just wanted to check so I can figure out what time that would be gmt.

xRaW CaRNage x
03-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Is that est time? Just wanted to check so I can figure out what time that would be gmt.
Yeah that's est time. Sucks cause I have to work at 4 am lol

xRaW CaRNage x
03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
its Monday march 14 at 6 est and there's a pro tournament going on right now. There's also an up coming tournament the 16 if anyone wants in !!! Actually there is a weekly tournament too.

Micmaz2234
04-18-2011, 04:51 PM
***As of 4/18/11***

I got this game when it came out and I had $1.8 Million in live tournaments, I picked it up 3 weeks ago I have played daily and weekly tournaments as they are still up. However this week and last week's weekly tournaments are DLC courses, 3 of the last 4 days daily tournaments have been DLC courses and tomorrow's is a DLC course.
Heres an idea of the scoring in the tournaments, todays tournament was on amateur and an easy course TPC Sawgrass I finished in 21st of 79 as of 1230pm with a score of -19. The leader who seems to win every tournament, Wakoup13 was -28. That gamertag is in the top 5 seemingly daily along with a few others drifting4, Das da herb, DJOSHUA, and a few others, and they have the achievement, so this hurts ppl who dont have it as they lose abit of money in all the tournaments. I dont even start over anymore after a bad shot or anything I just get my 18 in and always score under par as I am decent at the game. And my status not including todays tournament I am up to $3.9 million was hoping to finish this week but more likely early next week due to these DLC tournaments popping up more often than not. Hope this helps out with any questions.

SoapDish
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Same story as Micmaz2234. As of 5/1/2011 the tournaments are running again. I stopped playing the game after TW11 came out and now that I have TW12 I can't get myself to trade in the game without completing it. I had about 1.5 mill when I stopped playing online prior and when I finally started up again the tourneys were gone. I notice they have been running constant for about a month now... They offer one daily tourney every day, alternating between the tour pro and amateur diffs. They offer one weekly tourney, alternating the same way. I am up to about 4.5 mill as of today and I really only started working on it a week ago. Same people listed above are always on top, so I am scoring in the top 20 or so, but not winning any of them. I average around 200,000 per round, depending on the purse. Hoping the weekly tourney pays a bit more as it lists out at 350,000,000. We will see. Nows the time to get the achievement if you need it... No telling how long it will stay online.

SoapDish
05-03-2011, 01:18 AM
5/2/2011 - FINALLY! Glad I managed to get this done as fast as I did. Just some FYI, the 4 day weekly tournaments pay out big. Almost 800,000 for 70th place out of 200 entries. Not sure how much longer this will go on, but if you are searching for that last achievement to close out the game its out there for the taking. BTW, Wakoup13 won the tourney... LOL. Dude posts some low scores.

Jmocox
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Same story as Micmaz2234. As of 5/1/2011 the tournaments are running again. I stopped playing the game after TW11 came out and now that I have TW12 I can't get myself to trade in the game without completing it. I had about 1.5 mill when I stopped playing online prior and when I finally started up again the tourneys were gone. I notice they have been running constant for about a month now... They offer one daily tourney every day, alternating between the tour pro and amateur diffs. They offer one weekly tourney, alternating the same way. I am up to about 4.5 mill as of today and I really only started working on it a week ago. Same people listed above are always on top, so I am scoring in the top 20 or so, but not winning any of them. I average around 200,000 per round, depending on the purse. Hoping the weekly tourney pays a bit more as it lists out at 350,000,000. We will see. Nows the time to get the achievement if you need it... No telling how long it will stay online.

Thanks for heads up. Can confirm about $150,000 - $200,000 for daily tournaments. That's even with a 38th place finish. Haven't received a payout from a weekly tournament yet but the purse's are quite large so I expect it to be a good amount. Hopefully, they keep these live tournaments going for awhile.

imtheman180
07-02-2011, 02:02 AM
i just picked up this game didnt put it in yet, was wornding if big money is still open

luuwat
07-18-2011, 08:52 PM
are these tournaments still running or have they stopped and how many tournaments happen in a week?

wilko383
07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
If you haven't started yet, DON'T START NOW!!! The servers will shut down before you can get this achievement.

Jmocox
07-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Another problem is they are running DLC courses for today's daily tournament and also for the weekly tournament. Looks like you might have to pay to get this achievement.

THE D ZASTA
07-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I started last Thursday and have played in every tournament so far. I think this should be enough time. As long as I don't miss anything.

Well now I've bought DLC that I won't ever use again so I hope I have enough time to get it I'm currently at 1.3 million. What do you guys think will that be enough time?