PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems

Anatoliy K
12-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Anyone else experiencing connection problems on this? I'm connected to my household wifi, and I still can't connect. Figure since it's the first day, everyone will have problems. Just wanted to see if anyone else can confirm.

Yannie Boy
12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm getting the same thing too. Actually posting from my HD7. My guess is the servers will be up sometime in the morning.

DwayneDays
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
anyone else lose their base because of connection problems?

godfa7h3r
12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
anyone else lose their base because of connection problems?

Yes, this happened to me. But on the plus side, now the freaks are actually traveling down the road. They were just all over the map last night.

DwayneDays
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
think I may wait a day or two before getting back into it, dont wanna lose any more progress. Also I have no service at work so im screwed playing it there :(

godfa7h3r
12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
think I may wait a day or two before getting back into it, dont wanna lose any more progress. Also I have no service at work so im screwed playing it there :(

That might be a good idea. I have spent the $100,000 to upgrade my base twice now and it basically just forgets that I started upgrading but doesn't give me my money back :(. I've also came back after a half hour or so and lost guns. Hope they fix this stuff...

Lord of Orion
12-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I am having the same issues. I have finally upgraded some stuff, but you have to wait in the game. Kind of stupid, especially since this is a fun concept and an okay game.

Just hoping it gets fixed!

DwayneDays
12-15-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah really hoping a fix comes, great concept and good time sink otherwise

Anatoliy K
12-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I've noticed that you only lose upgrades if you start up the game again and it doesn't tell you your updates at the menu. If it tells you how much you have gained and the last time you played, your upgrades will go through, and if not, don't start up the game again until it does. If you do it that way, you'll be playing offline and it'll only load up the last level that your base was at, and not the progress.

I lost about 200k with upgrading my base like this, but I finally figured it out with the machine guns. Just make sure again, that it updates during the menu, before you press play. That's the only way to make sure you are properly connected to the server.

godfa7h3r
12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I've noticed that you only lose upgrades if you start up the game again and it doesn't tell you your updates at the menu. If it tells you how much you have gained and the last time you played, your upgrades will go through, and if not, don't start up the game again until it does. If you do it that way, you'll be playing offline and it'll only load up the last level that your base was at, and not the progress.

I lost about 200k with upgrading my base like this, but I finally figured it out with the machine guns. Just make sure again, that it updates during the menu, before you press play. That's the only way to make sure you are properly connected to the server.

Any special trick to getting that to work? Or just keep closing and opening until it goes through?

Anatoliy K
12-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that's really it. Think of it though as XBL itself. If you get an achievement offline, and then recover on another system, and go online, you would lose the achievement, right? I'm almost positive that this is the basis of how the net code works with this game. The game always uploads your most recent changes and levels when you start it up. Tried to fool around with some sandbag upgrades, and it seems to be the case.

So yes, if you are going for big upgrades, make sure before you start up the game, you get the message on the top of the screen that welcomes you back. Otherwise, you are playing offline and your progress won't necessarily be saved.

godfa7h3r
01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone else having problems in the last day or so? The notification on the top when you first open the game isn't popping up for me anymore. The one that tells you what's happened while you were away. I'm afraid to play now because that's how I lost all my progress in the past.

Anyone?

ElvisOfTheDead
01-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Anyone else having problems in the last day or so? The notification on the top when you first open the game isn't popping up for me anymore. The one that tells you what's happened while you were away. I'm afraid to play now because that's how I lost all my progress in the past.

Anyone?

I'm having the same issue with connecting to the server...I don't want to play in case I miss unlocking achievements.

blodnutman
01-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Continual problems over the past few days..Cannot access friends bases etc..Bad Form Microsoft.

lethelerror
01-12-2011, 06:51 PM
this trick helped me

i turned on wifi and connected.
then turned off. 3g connection and data connection,

it then connected to server 80% of time

godfa7h3r
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Anyone else? Tried above trick with no luck. Mine hasn't connected in several days now. Sunburst attacks won't work either because it says it can't connect to the server. 1.1 Update didn't fix anything either.

Will you lose progress if you uninstall and reinstall the game?

godfa7h3r
01-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Now its connecting but not scrolling on my list of bases? Come on guys! I appreciate all the fixes from the 1.1 update but I still need the game to actually work!

The Remdizzle
01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
this trick helped me

i turned on wifi and connected.
then turned off. 3g connection and data connection,

it then connected to server 80% of time

I was unable to connect for 3 days. Did this and it worked for one Sunburst attack. Then the same fuckin connection problems occured. This is bullshit, Microsoft!

trev82us
02-01-2011, 05:12 PM
seems to be working ok, today

DAVIZINHO
02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
i canīt conect since 05-february :-(

A 0 E monkey
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
I have also been unable to connect for about a week now which is infuriating because I'm no more than an hour or 2 from the last achievement for maxing a weapon type :( I try every day with every combination of data on and off, 3G and wifi and no joy at all :( :(

DAVIZINHO
02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I canīt conect to any friend base, i try with 3 diferents friends and not work. :-(