PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake - The Top 10 Everything of 2010

QuiCkz AleX
12-15-2010, 03:23 PM
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5931/alanwakec.jpg
The famous U.S. weekly Time Magazine, known as the world Time, has published the ranking of those who, according to the editorial, are the 10 most important games of the year.
Top 10 Video Games

Alan Wake
Angry Birds
Red Dead Redemption
Halo: Reach
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
Super Street Fighter IV
Starcraft II
Mass Effect 2

Lots of video-game covers have a bold M on their lower left corner, but none have felt as mature as Alan Wake does. Its unsettled titular character carries adult concerns a stalled career, a troubled marriage into a psychological thriller set in a town taken over by a shadowy occult force. Alan Wake's biggest triumph lies in turning metaphor into game play. Yes, you fight the possessed townspeople of Bright Falls with the typical pistols and shotguns, but only after shining light on them to burn the darkness off. Its mix of meta-awareness and Hitchcockian suspense make Alan Wake a unique and fun experiment and one of the best games of the year.

dorkzilla123
12-30-2010, 01:16 AM
I whole heartedly agree. It ranks in my personal top 3 xbox 360 games. Now, I'm anxiously awaiting a sequel.

shompa
01-07-2011, 07:30 PM
One of the best games of 2010. Everyone should at least test it. Alan Wake is an unique experience.

R3vengeance
01-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Alan Wake deserves this. Hopefully this will help garner more sales so we can have a sequel; this story deserves to be continued more than any other.

FSparacino4
01-11-2011, 05:28 AM
The famous U.S. weekly Time Magazine, known as the world Time, has published the ranking of those who, according to the editorial, are the 10 most important games of the year.
Top 10 Video Games

Alan Wake
Angry Birds
Red Dead Redemption
Halo: Reach
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
Super Street Fighter IV
Starcraft II
Mass Effect 2
Lots of video-game covers have a bold M on their lower left corner, but none have felt as mature as Alan Wake does. Its unsettled titular character carries adult concerns a stalled career, a troubled marriage into a psychological thriller set in a town taken over by a shadowy occult force. Alan Wake's biggest triumph lies in turning metaphor into game play. Yes, you fight the possessed townspeople of Bright Falls with the typical pistols and shotguns, but only after shining light on them to burn the darkness off. Its mix of meta-awareness and Hitchcockian suspense make Alan Wake a unique and fun experiment and one of the best games of the year.
Sort of off-topic, but I'm not too sure Super Street Fighter IV is better than several of the games that came out this year. Red Dead Redemption should have easily made this list.

ChronicTC7
02-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Sort of off-topic, but I'm not too sure Super Street Fighter IV is better than several of the games that came out this year. Red Dead Redemption should have easily made this list.

..Red Dead was on the list.

I also agree with you all, this game was a great experience and definitely worthy of top 10 recognition

bigbear2face
02-05-2011, 04:05 PM

It's not a list of the Top 10 BEST games its a list of the Top 10 MOST IMPORTANT games. When you think about it the direction that the recent Street Fighter games have taken is changing the Fighting genre and moving it back towards its 2D roots. That is why Super Street Fighter made the list I assume.

I love seeing Alan Wake make any Top 10 list. Gets the game the recognition it deserves.

Elit3 m0nkey
02-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Don't know if I would put as #1 (that goes to Mass Effect 2). But I would definitely put in my top 10.

Hoffnungstod
02-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Yeah, this makes sense for me. Alan Wake is one of the best games I have ever played actually.

RwHu
02-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Alan Wake came with my xbox when I got it, as did Forza 3. Haven't finished it off yet but its pretty good so far from what ive played.

ShinobiRain
02-06-2011, 04:58 AM
I usually don't put much stock into these lists, as they seem to go just by popularity, but this list by Time is really stellar. I wholeheartedly agree with every game up there, definitely including Alan Wake. Really well done list ;)