PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated with Poker achievement...major rant

TENGU X
12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I just finished playing a 45 minute game of poker with 5 other players, and after dominating the table and knocking out 4 people, it comes down to me and 1 other guy. When the blinds are at 320 (one level below the max blinds) the other guy starts going all in over and over, knowing full well that if I call him and win the hand, I'll win the game but won't get the achievement so all I can do is fold over and over to keep the game going until we get to the max blinds. Finally we get to the max blinds and the guy uses his advantage to finish me off.

I realize it is a massive loophole that can be exploited to screw over someone trying to get the achievement but give me a break!

Bonkekook
12-20-2010, 04:37 AM
I just finished playing a 45 minute game of poker with 5 other players, and after dominating the table and knocking out 4 people, it comes down to me and 1 other guy. When the blinds are at 320 (one level below the max blinds) the other guy starts going all in over and over, knowing full well that if I call him and win the hand, I'll win the game but won't get the achievement so all I can do is fold over and over to keep the game going until we get to the max blinds. Finally we get to the max blinds and the guy uses his advantage to finish me off.

I realize it is a massive loophole that can be exploited to screw over someone trying to get the achievement but give me a break!

Yeah, people are just looking for ways to upset other people they don't know online. Your best bet to get it is to find other people who you can trust, like a group from on this website or other achievement places, and give it a shot.

Andreas_loel
12-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Ive been so close to this achievement 3 times now doing it legit, last time i played with a friend and ofcourse he wins in his first poker game that lasts longer then 15mins....

Amish Ace
12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
I am looking for people to boost this with ASAP. My friend who was supposed to to help me with it screwed me over and did it without me, so I'm looking for a group of 5 other ppl who wont be flakes and want to to the Poker-face and Liars dice cheevos.

Just shoot me a FR with a message.

McGoogles
12-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I am looking for people to boost this with ASAP. My friend who was supposed to to help me with it screwed me over and did it without me, so I'm looking for a group of 5 other ppl who wont be flakes and want to to the Poker-face and Liars dice cheevos.

Just shoot me a FR with a message.

Use the Achievement Trading Thread, located HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259291), to find boosting partners.

On topic: This achievement took a tremendous amount of time for our whole boosting group to obtain. I understand your pain but there was no point in this thread.

Spengler PhD
12-22-2010, 05:04 PM

I know what you mean, I'm not sure why people do stuff like that, shortly after the game came out I got invited into a posse and all they were doing was trying to stop people from getting "Hit the trial" and "Most Wanted". If you still need help send me a message.