PDA

View Full Version : does the split screen trick still work?

metallicorphan
12-16-2010, 12:01 AM
i tried to go for the split screen trick,but i can't get the host to be the lower level,i tried signing in and starting the game as my planned lower level,but it still wouldn't work

i can only get the higher level to host the game

has the split screen trick been patched or am i doing something wrong?

metallicorphan
12-16-2010, 03:16 AM
nevermind i have done it now

i was trying to get the lower lvl as a new Character,instead i levelled it up a bit(to 4,LOL)and it worked:woop:

judd90
12-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Whats the trick?

I don't want to do all the arenas their to long lol

Phrozan
12-16-2010, 03:39 PM
How do you do it?

metallicorphan
12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
you need to have 2 controllers,and 2 profiles on the same 360

with your second profile start a new game and (in my case)level it up a bit,then back out to the main menu,select split screen,and then with a second controller sign in with your main profile so both are signed in

your lesser profile hosts the game with the early level,and your main profile with(in my case) lvl 55 joins

when you go to the Underdome,all enemies will be set for the host and not the higher lvl player...as my host was lvl 4 and my other character was lvl 55,the enemies were level 12(i think the mission is a lvl 15 mission at least,but that doesn't mean you HAVE to be that)

and it doesn't matter if you aren't controlling that lesser character,if he dies he gets sent to the penalty box and you can continue wiping everyone out with that second(lvl 55)character with ease

the only set back is that it will be in split screen,so can be a bit annoying try to find enemies...took me about 30-45 minutes for the Prove yourself,but i am sure some of you can do it faster than that

Note:i haven't tried this for the bigger challenges yet,only for the first 'prove yourself' mission

Further Note:this isn't my trick(so its not my credit that's due),i read it on here awhile ago

Further Further Note:you can also do this on XBL with a Co-Op buddy,as long as one of you who hosts is the lesser lvl and the other the higher lvl

WapakalypseMan
12-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I tried to do this a long time ago and an on-screen message told me that the other lower level account needed to have the DLC installed to be able to have it host the game.

metallicorphan
12-17-2010, 01:05 AM
I tried to do this a long time ago and an on-screen message told me that the other lower level account needed to have the DLC installed to be able to have it host the game.

hmm,not sure if it makes a difference but i am using the GOTY edition(but it's still codes you put in)

when i play the game on my other account it gives messages on the start screen what DLC is available as though i haven't got it...but i can play all 4 DLC okay

on my main account,the messages don't appear because that's the account i inputted the codes with

EDIT:by any chance after buying the DLC did your 360 RRoD or did you change Xbox's?as you may have to transfer licenses to your new Xbox,you can play the DLC as your main account because that's the profile you downloaded the DLC for...however,if you are up to date with your licenses,then the DLC can be played by as many accounts as you have on the same Xbox,and Offline if desired

WapakalypseMan
12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
hmm,not sure if it makes a difference but i am using the GOTY edition(but it's still codes you put in)

when i play the game on my other account it gives messages on the start screen what DLC is available as though i haven't got it...but i can play all 4 DLC okay

on my main account,the messages don't appear because that's the account i inputted the codes with

EDIT:by any chance after buying the DLC did your 360 RRoD or did you change Xbox's?as you may have to transfer licenses to your new Xbox,you can play the DLC as your main account because that's the profile you downloaded the DLC for...however,if you are up to date with your licenses,then the DLC can be played by as many accounts as you have on the same Xbox,and Offline if desired
I'm also using the GOTY edition, and I haven't changed to a new Xbox.

I can get the lower level profile to be the host, but with my second controller with my actual profile, I can't select my higher level character that I want to use.

thedon0926
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Will this trick work on all the tournaments. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Geegeez
12-23-2010, 07:34 AM
This trick still works and it does for both the short and long challenges.