PDA

View Full Version : Which Kinect Fitness game is the best

Fueled By RC
12-16-2010, 08:19 AM
I am looking to get one of the games to get my unwanted poundage off of my sexy flabdomin.

However, I am seeing a handful of games that are getting the same reviews. So, I want to hear from people that have actually played them.

My choices are..

Your Shape
The Biggest Loser
EA Sports Active 2.0

I am looking for a game that would be like going to the gym, a game I can play for an hour a day for 5 days a week.

TAI JASON
12-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I am looking to get one of the games to get my unwanted poundage off of my sexy flabdomin.

However, I am seeing a handful of games that are getting the same reviews. So, I want to hear from people that have actually played them.

My choices are..

Your Shape
The Biggest Loser
EA Sports Active 2.0

I am looking for a game that would be like going to the gym, a game I can play for an hour a day for 5 days a week.

Take Your Shape and done. Got a lot to do, blood, sweat and tears will drop :D

RichXbox360
12-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I have Your Shape and Get Fit with Mel B, both are well worth the money, particularly Mel B's game if you're an achievement junkie, cos the achievements on that are easier to get than on Your Shape.

Err0rX
01-04-2011, 03:11 AM
I'd go with Your Shape. It's a very solid and responsive game. You'll definitely feel it after a few workouts. You can also use small weights for added resistance.

kernelstubbs
01-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Biggest Loser = Biggest Failure
EA = Expensive Apathy
Shape...I enjoy this one...hope my black and white extremes help!

Minty
01-04-2011, 04:01 AM
I agree Biggest Loser is pretty bad. But I think EA is a damn good game. Gives you a good workout, comes with resistance bands and a HRM and it does its job.

St Jolly777
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
This is a good topic because I want to get one also...from what I am hearing here and other places...it seems like Your Shape is the favorite.

Rolks
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I got the Biggest Loser, and, although we've only had it for a week and only done two routines, my wife and I like it.

For those of you who do not like it, what are your issues with it? What am I missing?

Minty
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I got the Biggest Loser, and, although we've only had it for a week and only done two routines, my wife and I like it.

For those of you who do not like it, what are your issues with it? What am I missing?

For me persoanlly, I don't think the workout is as good as EA Active 2. It seems to do the core stuff well, but not as much the cardio. Saying that I'm only a week in.

And I really hate trying to select something and the circle thing gets three quarters of the way round, stops, then starts again, stops and starts again etc without me moving a muscle.

Winkyboy
01-06-2011, 06:48 AM
How about near-future workout games? Is there anything coming out that's worth waiting for?

SoulFate
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
What about Zumba is that any good?

aggieweather
01-08-2011, 06:02 AM
The Dance Central game is actually a pretty good workout and you get to listen to music while 'working out'.

Spinoff90
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
YSFE if you want a lighter fun workout or EA if you want a more intense workout (EA does have a few tracking issues but nothing too bad).

XRedemptional
01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
EA Active 2 is intense workouts.
Dance Central is good too.

St Jolly777
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Dance Central is a great game...but I would not consider it a "Workout" game unless you are starting at a very LOW level of fitness.

Sn1gaaaZ
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Got my ordered Your Shape: Fitness Evolved today and I have to admit most of the posts above, it's a pretty cool and responsive Fitness game. I haven't tried Active 2 and The Biggest Looser yet but I'm pleased with my choice to get Your Shape.

MC B0B x360a
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree Biggest Loser is pretty bad. But I think EA is a damn good game. Gives you a good workout, comes with resistance bands and a HRM and it does its job.

hey minty, which bundle did you buy that has the restistance bands. The only one i can find has the HRM only. I see the seperate bundle for 39.99 but not the others. Unless the bands come with the HRM and it just isnt included in the item descriptions i am reading. Thanks for any feedback.

gloomis2
01-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Your Shape has my vote

luuwat
01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
get fit with mel b, you'd want to get FIT WITH HER lol

summeranne
01-12-2011, 04:49 AM
I prefer EA Sports Active 2. I bought Fitness Evolved because it was cheaper and hated it.

o Gruff o
01-12-2011, 04:53 AM

Possibly a dumb question, but what is "HRM"?

Sn1gaaaZ
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Possibly a dumb question, but what is "HRM"?
Heart Rate Monitor I guess.

RichXbox360
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
How about near-future workout games? Is there anything coming out that's worth waiting for?

There's a UFC Trainer game coming out, not entirely sure when but they're advertising "soon" on www.game.co.uk (http://www.game.co.uk).

RichXbox360
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
get fit with mel b, you'd want to get FIT WITH HER lol

I preferred the Posh one actually, till she went far too skinny.

Evo Kazz
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Your shape is amazing. Light Step seems very unresponsive, but everything else is spot on.

undeadjubbie
01-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Your shape....all the way

mrj3d
01-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I have Your Shape, and I really like it. Cardio Boxing is my favorite, I do that almost everytime I play.

Johnsbird1
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Zumba is hard unless you have rhythm. I tried it off Lovefilm rather than buying it and im glad i didnt waste my money. im hoping to get the fitness evolved one soon the demo is really good!

Cramtree
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
There's a demo available for The Biggest Loser in the Marketplace now, give it a go, personally, I think it sucked :)

Watty8883
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Get Your Shape and the EA Sports one.They complement each other nicely.Dont bother with anything else though their not in the same league.

JeJans
02-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I would say your shape... have tested YS and biggest looser. Biggest looser are giving you a harder workout with more options... But YS reads your body better

watchmefly420
02-15-2011, 06:11 AM
have both biggest loser and your shape biggest loser will only benefit you if your really out of shape, like the show! I havent played ea but from what ur telling me your shape would be what you want.

bobbybogman
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Your Shape definitely, if you do it right you can feel it, but if it's just not working give EA Sports Active 2.0 a go, you might prefer that one, but the most popular for working is the 1st option :)

LausDomini
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Your Shape is too light of a workout. Even the gold cardioboxing class has you standing still too much. The Personal Training section of the game does have some better workouts such as the Michelle Bridges Athlete workout. Overall it's a good game but I never once broke a sweat.

With EA Sports Active 2 though there is a lot of running and jumping which makes for a better workout. There is a ton of different exercises to customize as well so I'd say it is the better workout game.

DrkPoliz
10-17-2011, 12:57 AM

Zumba was fine, except I felt that the dances get pretty effeminate at the advanced level. Tough to stay in fitness mode and not laugh as a guy... :woop:

ice_player
10-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I have the EA Active 2 game, and is pretty solid, i have to say that i didn't have a lot of faith in the game, mostly because i didnt believe a lot that kinect could make you sweat, but man, the first time you load it up you begin to feel that you're indeed making some moves and before you notice you're sweating like crazy.

So i'll definitely recoomend EA Active2

ydnarrocks
10-30-2011, 09:34 PM
I got "Your Shape", the only negative is there is no way to adjust background music vs trainer comments. I sometimes cannot hear the instructions.

the dude1978
11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
UFC personal trainer has the most hardest workout ever.10 mins in and tou will be sweating like mad and after 2 weeks you will feel the difference.i did.

Porangitoa
11-14-2011, 10:09 PM
i have been told that the ufc trainer is the best excercise ones it's the only excercise one i have so i cant really say anything about the others

brendankiely
04-22-2012, 11:46 AM
My vote goes to Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

Reviews at http://best-gear.org/your-shape-fitness-evolved-2012/

layzieyez
04-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 most definitely. I like it so much, I've bought a lot of the DLCs.

Kinkimono
05-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I have your shape, your shape 2012 and EA Sports Active 2 and out of those 3 for motivation i prefer EA Sports Active 2 due to the week programs they have feels like it gives you a lot better variation. Felt like the "chose the part of the body you want to train" in Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 never really kept to those parts. I had been out running for 45 minutes and my legs were killing me so felt like doing 20 minute arms in Your Shape just to get a 50% arm and 50% leg workout which i couldn't do ofc. That 9 week program is a good motivation for me in EA Sports Active atleast.

So out of those 3 I would vote for EA Sports Active 2 even if you can't get 100% on it anymore. think you can get 990.

HwCh
07-11-2012, 02:09 PM
With the arrival of PlayFit today, the good news is you can use a ton of games like Kinect Star Wars and Kinect Sports 2 as a "fitness game" and have it track your calories. In general, I definitely prefer the games where you "have so much fun you're working out" vs. the "pure fitness games" like EA Sports and Your Shape...I'm just not that disciplined to keep up with boring exercise titles, so I need to be tricked into it :)

With only a few exceptions, I pretty much agree with the list here as to what the best fitness games are.

http://www.xboxfitness.org/best-kinect-fitness-games/

My personal favorites are Kung Fu Live Impact and Kinect Star Wars, although unfortunately the former won't be supported by PlayFit :(

Adork4ble
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I picked up Biggest Loser the other day since it was on sale for 19.99 at Target, even though I've heard terrible things about it. Haven't really touched it yet but I watched my boyfriend play it and it didn't seem as bad as I've heard.

Your Shape I really enjoy. Typically it works real well, plus it definitely gives you a good workout, imo.

I also picked up Dance Central 2 the other day and it's a nice fun side to working out, calories and time flies real fast.

Uggadunk
08-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm looking too, and I want the maximum sweat-factor... seems like there's a new title coming soon; Nike Kinect Training, as displayed in the new PlayFit section.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/kinect-play-fit

Hope they add more titles soooon...