PDA

View Full Version : Does the Kinect fit all TV's?

Rolfez789
12-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I've got a Kinect for the kids for Christmas and have read that it wont fit on to a flat TV without buying an extra adapter for it?

Does any one know how these fit on TV's when straight out of the box?

Cheers.

Capn Doug
12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
It will depend on how thin your TV is. Kinect's base is about 2 inches deep, so if it is a very thin TV, you might want to put it near the base of the tv as opposed to trying to balance it. Kinect does move while you are playing, so if it is precarious, it will fall eventually. Maybe build a little shelf if it is a wall mounted TV.

RichXbox360
12-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Or look out for an official PDP Kinect wall mount like I did, definitely worth the money, and only cost me 20 from Game.

R3d Nemesis
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
i have a 42" samsung plasma it is 1" deep and the kinect base is just over 2" i have stuck it on with blu tack it has been there for 3 weeks and not budged yet lol:eek::)

If you don't want to risk it falling off your TV then there is a wall mount available from game as mentioned in a previous post and i have also seen a bracket that clamps to the tom of your TV so Kinect can sit on top both are around 20.

Kinect dose seem to work better when the sensor is above the TV so i think it is worth the 20

Compboy
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
do you have your Kinect on top of the tv or on the base of the tv?
we have problems with it detecting all moves specially higher moves.. thinking about a wall mount. but then you can't change room layout :(