PDA

View Full Version : Most anticapted game ever?

THe Silent Assassin
12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I cannot even wait for this
Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of all time
And Mass Effect 1 was fantastic
Anyone else gonna start saving for the Uber Edition:woop:

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Totally agree. Apart from assassins creed 3. This is what i am waiting for.

I X I Shock I
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I will definitely be getting the most expensive edition.

Fear Warrior
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Yea I can not wait for Mass 3. Huge fan of the franchise. :Bounce:

Pearson
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect franchise and 3 is high up on my list of must haves of 2011. Can't wait, a great year to be a 360 gamer!

lakersandangels
12-23-2010, 09:28 AM
This will also be my most anticipated game ever. I just hope that ME3 and Skyrim don't force me to restrict time to both games.

Steviewonder023
12-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I just got bad news for all of the die-hard Mass Effect fans, but in Mass Effect 3 there will be multiplayer. Now I don't if this is for certain but if there is then I think why now or even why ever would you put multiplayer into an RPG let alone Mass Effect Series because IT'S THE LAST GAME OF THE TRILOGY. WHY!!! WHY!!! WHY!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Young Lil Teezy
12-28-2010, 02:50 AM
I can't wait for it myself. Definitely one of my most anticipated games in quite some time

Play N Skillz
12-30-2010, 12:17 PM
I just got bad news for all of the die-hard Mass Effect fans, but in Mass Effect 3 there will be multiplayer. Now I don't if this is for certain but if there is then I think why now or even why ever would you put multiplayer into an RPG let alone Mass Effect Series because IT'S THE LAST GAME OF THE TRILOGY. WHY!!! WHY!!! WHY!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: cut it some slack, maybe the MP will turn out as good as AC brotherhood. Sounds pretty interesting...

BaldWombat
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
My 2 favorite current game franchises, Mass Effect and Uncharted, are releasing their third game this year and I'm not sure which I am more excited for.

nicky6314
01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
most anticipated game of the year for me

RIOT HAVOC
01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Mass effect 3 and Skyrim are going to take up my life.

Cant wait :)

RockWhore
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I just got bad news for all of the die-hard Mass Effect fans, but in Mass Effect 3 there will be multiplayer. Now I don't if this is for certain but if there is then I think why now or even why ever would you put multiplayer into an RPG let alone Mass Effect Series because IT'S THE LAST GAME OF THE TRILOGY. WHY!!! WHY!!! WHY!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I doubt that has been offically announced. I remember hearing the rumours about it but that's all. Not opposed to the idea but I'd prefer if it was a spin-off or something rather than added on to the main game.

Not fussed anyway as long as the story is as good as the first two. One of my favourite franchises of all time. I have to admit that I got the first Mass Effect long after it came out, not being a massive fan of space romps, and it took me about 6 months for me to actually take it out of the box, but once I did I was hooked!

I still need to do Insanity runs on 'em both though which I'm sure is going to be taxing.

<3 to Bioware.

BBowles
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
ME1 was a decent game I thought. ME2 is easily the best game on the 360 in my opinion. I'm kind of scared for ME3 though....

Not because I think it will be bad. No no no. I'm scared because my anticipation for it is so high, that if it is not the single greatest game I've ever played, I'll be disappointed. If ME3, Skyrim, Gears 3, and hell even AC3 all came out on the same day (let's say 11/11, since Skyrim has a set date), I'd definately pick all of them up (and all Collector's editions of course). But Gears, AC, and Skyrim wouldn't get opened until after the New Years :P

PyreBall
01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Gah, I still need the first two games so I can play through 'em before this comes out.

BurnMyEyes0107
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Well my most anticipated game has been Gears 3, but after having played ME2 over xmas I couldn't care less about Gears 3 - and Gears 2 is my most played game of all time btw, so that shows you just how much of an impression ME2 has made on me. Of course after whoring ME3 for a bit I'll be straight on Gears 3, but I have to save Earth first, Serra can wait.

MASS DOMINATION
01-13-2011, 09:59 PM
If ME3, Skyrim, Gears 3, and hell even AC3 all came out on the same day (let's say 11/11, since Skyrim has a set date), I'd definately pick all of them up (and all Collector's editions of course). But Gears, AC, and Skyrim wouldn't get opened until after the New Years :P

I really doubt all those games will come out on the same day but with all of them (and more) slated for Q4 this year there are bound to be big games release much to close together. I always hate how there are hardly any big games released in the summer when i have tons of time to play them and then a crap ton of the years biggest games all come out in a 2-3 month period which is the exact time college semester begins and ends.

Anyway, ME2 was my most anticipated game ever and my favourite game ever along with ME1 and ME3 will be the same, however it isn't yet. Until i see some gameplay, story details, new features, etc it won't be at the top of my list since there are too many other great games coming out very soon.

Dead space 2 next week, bulletstorm in February and Dragon Age 2 in march just to name a few in this winter.

EDIT: Holy crap i just realized i hit 1000 posts! Yay me, i'm an elder!:woop: it makes sense that my 1000th posts was made in my favourite games forum.

lealea25
01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
hell yeah im excited for this game, loves mass effect 1 and 2 and i saw the trailer and its just as excioting as number 2. and im a massive fan of mass effect series although i only first heard of mass effect 2 like a year ago or less. but i polay mass effect 1 non stop and i just can never put the controller down

Jesper114
01-17-2011, 06:05 PM
i really look forward for this game.

yet TES5:skyrim is still my most anticipated game ever.

BBowles
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I realize that there's no way all those games release on the same day. I'm just saying that if they did, ME3 will be played non-stop until I know it by heart before I touch the other games :P

This is shaping up to be the biggest gaming year I can ever remember. 2010 was pretty damn amazing....but 2011 is just looking out of this world. My wallet is already hurting...but I guess buying another 15 games this year isn't really an option....it's a must. Time to see if I can find some financing for my gaming addiction lol.

Seriously.... DA2, Dues Ex, Gears 3, ME3, FFXIII-2 (just announced if you missed the front page), ES:V, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, a new Assassin's Creed game (Ubisoft said there would be an AC game in 2011) and many more that are slipping my mind at this early hour.

Now to get all my CE's reserved....I need to win the lottery.

MASS DOMINATION
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I realize that there's no way all those games release on the same day. I'm just saying that if they did, ME3 will be played non-stop until I know it by heart before I touch the other games :P

This is shaping up to be the biggest gaming year I can ever remember. 2010 was pretty damn amazing....but 2011 is just looking out of this world. My wallet is already hurting...but I guess buying another 15 games this year isn't really an option....it's a must. Time to see if I can find some financing for my gaming addiction lol.

Seriously.... DA2, Dues Ex, Gears 3, ME3, FFXIII-2 (just announced if you missed the front page), ES:V, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, a new Assassin's Creed game (Ubisoft said there would be an AC game in 2011) and many more that are slipping my mind at this early hour.

Now to get all my CE's reserved....I need to win the lottery.

Rage, Brink, batman and Bulletstorm (at least for me) are several other hugely anticipated games that u didn't mention.
:eek:IT'S UTTER CRAZINESS:eek:

agentnnc
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm so hyped....but all the games I want this year are clustered at the end of the year.....

ME3
Gears 3
Batman: AC
Maybe....Duke Nukem

Starstrukk X360A
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I'll probably rent it as I've done with the previous two, although I definitely will try to pick this up as soon as I can. I love the series.

MASS DOMINATION
01-24-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm so hyped....but all the games I want this year are clustered at the end of the year.....

ME3
Gears 3
Batman: AC
Maybe....Duke Nukem

i agree. however duke nukem is slated for release in May.

KirbyTheAlmighty
01-24-2011, 02:27 AM
I hope it's more of a return to ME1, as I enjoyed that game more than ME2.
Waiting for it, though.

Most anticipated? Nah.

Efase
01-24-2011, 02:29 AM
I have never played Mass Effect 2 and i only played like 30 seconds of Mass Effect and this is my most anticipated game. Well, this and Assassin's Creed II.

I'll get round to playing ME2 and ME soon though :p

Snoop QC
02-02-2011, 07:18 AM
This fall : Gears of War 3, Elder Scroll 5, COD something, and probably other games like Batman Arkham City, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and so on. But Mass Effect 3 will be #1 on my priority list!

Dude0508
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Eh, maybe forza 4 for me

DarkReign2021
03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Games have 4 categories of interest for me. Definite, Maybe, Eventually, and No.

For 2011, my Definite list consists of Duke Nukem Forever, Mass Effect 3, and Elder Scrolls V. These are games I will not only purchase on day 1, but also purchase the biggest CE edition they offer (just pre-ordered my Duke Nukem BOS edition a few days ago).

My Eventually list is game that I will definitely buy, but it won't be pre-ordered and it will only be the basic edition. I may or may not buy them at launch price. Games included are Assassins Creed 3, Brink, Steel Battalion Kinect, and American McGee's Alice.

My maybe list is games I probably will buy, but definitely not until they are $30 or less. This includes Gears of War 3 and Mortal Kombat.

Than my list of No games are the ones I will never take unless they're cheaper than free. Includes all sports titles, all party games, all Call of Duty titles, all JRPGS, etc...

BigSplinter008
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Mass Effect 3 is the only game I will be buying at full price this year. I can only hope that my cousin gets gears 3. I hate being poor. Is there any news on when the pre-order is coming out?

Old Smokey Dog
03-20-2011, 07:58 PM
this is the game series of the decade, it is going to be huge.

Sphyder
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I WILL be buying the special edition for this if they do release one which I am sure they will. Would be nice if they did an ultra edition with a model Normandy.

jules the great
04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
i love this series so much I am actually preordering whatever superduper edition they come out with for the Xbox 360 and Preordering a regular copy for the PS3. I want all trophies and achivements and I have my Paragon Shepard from ME1 and ME2 saved on my 360 and my badass renegade fem shepard on my PS3 from ME2. Funny thing is i didnt even like Mass Effect 1 when I first started playing it Years ago, then i re-rented it and fell in love after about an hour.

MerkinOvertime
04-21-2011, 04:13 PM
No doubt that this game will be epic. The question is...Do they keep going after Shep dies? I'm pretty sure Shep will have to sacrifice himself to save the universe in ME3, so do they keep going since they have so many races, familiar conflicts, memorable team members, etc.

It seems to me that they have enough to start a new story arc on, but who knows.

Rodman3942
04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
No doubt that this game will be epic. The question is...Do they keep going after Shep dies? I'm pretty sure Shep will have to sacrifice himself to save the universe in ME3, so do they keep going since they have so many races, familiar conflicts, memorable team members, etc.

It seems to me that they have enough to start a new story arc on, but who knows.
In this months GI they said that ME3 is the last installment of the series but there is a rumor about an MMO based in the ME universe. Personally, I have yet to see an MMO that impressed me past the first hour of game play so I'm not holding my breath. I simply hope the game loves up to all the hype.

TheKeeblaElf
04-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I think ME3 will be awsome, been looking forward to it for about 6 months now. As for a mass effect mmo I havent heard anything on it, but it peaks my interest lol. I'll have to get my hands on Elder Scrolls 5 before I pick my game of the year =P

IamSecond42
04-23-2011, 11:49 PM
SO pumped for ME 3!

K 2 d Line
04-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Gears of war 3 is my most anticipated game or modern warfare 3

TheCroixMan
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Am I excited for this game? Yes... but I don't think this is the most anticipated game ever for me... in fact I'm not even going all that crazy over the wait for only one reason. And you may wonder what that reason is.... this year's game line up is crazy. Between GoW3, ME3, LA Noire, Elder Scolls V, Batman AC, Duke, Deus Ex... and the list goes on.

Thus, Mass Effect 3 is probably one of the top three games I am looking forward to, but I think the line up of games leading up to it has lessened my anticipation of it. And for that I thank them.

I can see them staying in the ME3 universe (where there is money there is a way) but with new a new main character. Or maybe a prolog, or maybe we continue as Shepard just in a new mission (though it wouldn't feel as epic now would it?)

BLOOdREDkN7GHT
04-27-2011, 04:02 AM
dont get me wrong, i put over 100 hours into both ME1 & ME2, hell i even got "N7" in my gamertag! but i still think they are pumping these ME games out way too fast. if you read these posts, the only other franchises that can compete with ME are: GoW, AC, and TES, so why would you release ME3 the same year as both GoW3 and TES:V? look at the length of time between releases for those two: GoW - 3 years; TES - 5 years! and your tellin me ME3 is ready to go less than 2 years after ME2???

to answer the thread question, releasing ME3 in 2011 forces it to compete with GoW3 & TES:V, so no, not the most anticipated game ever by comparison. however, release it in 2012, and maybe. for me, ill get around to ME3 when i finally tire of skyrim, prolly sometime in 2013... 11-11-11, nuff said.

Slicder
05-14-2011, 10:23 PM
why would you release ME3 the same year as both GoW3 and TES:V?

Well ME3 is coming out the first quarter of 2012 so thats around Jan-April, but i wouldn't suprised to see it get delayed again.

I'm not bothered if it gets delayed again because i'd rather have them polish it than have a buggy mess like New Vegas (I do like NV though, but it is super buggy). I just hope it isn't overhyped.

niko da bos
05-20-2011, 04:18 PM
ME1 was a decent game I thought. ME2 is easily the best game on the 360 in my opinion. I'm kind of scared for ME3 though....

Not because I think it will be bad. No no no. I'm scared because my anticipation for it is so high, that if it is not the single greatest game I've ever played, I'll be disappointed.

thats sort of my feelings, i am looking forward to the gameplay/decision consequences so much, my expectations is that this game will keep me going for years. im barely finishing up ME1 (multiple playthrus) and the story has me hooked from the start. part of me is glad they pushed back the release date, i would much rather prefer a well polished title, than under-developed garbage that needed more time to cook in the oven :P.

i remember anticipating Fable 3 soo much, was a huge fan of the series for years. and i was soo disappointed in the bugs and different gameplay issues, if they had pushed back their release date a couple months, fans would have been MUCH happier. i would hate for ME3 to turn out like this