PDA

View Full Version : Savagame corrupted => 1 year of effort destroyed

PowercomSODMG
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi,

I have the game LIPS - NUMBER ONE HITS. My sister played it for more than 1 year and got a lot of Stars and a huge amount of Cups and everything and she was almost SuperStar rank.

But a few weeks ago my cousin lent me his Lips (normal Lips version) CD so I can get a few missing achievements.

While I was working on the "One Small Step For Man (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lips/achievement/21715-One-Small-Step-For-Man.html)" and "One Giant Leap for Mankind (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lips/achievement/21716-One-Giant-Leap-for-Mankind.html)" achievements - which needed me to add 1 to 20 songs from external sources to Lips - I plugged in my ZUNE HD to my XBOX 360 and started to add a few songs to Lips. After the 10th or 11th song, the game froze for a few seconds and then a message poped up which sayed something like "Your savegame data of Lips is corrupted. You have to create a new savegame data". I couldn't believe this and all I could do was to create a new save game data (nothing else was possible). Now I got the f*** achievements that are only worth 15G and my whole 1 year effort was screwed up. All the cups, all the medals, all the progress was gone. Even my rank got screwed up to the 1st rank (biscuit or something). Everything got deleted.

Conclusion: The savegame data was broken without me doing anything (just wanted to put a song from an external source to lips) and I was literally forced to create a new save game data.

I only thought it was the save game for LIPS and not for LIPS - Number One Hits. Unfortunately I was wrong, Lips did not create 2 different save games for each game which I found out today after I wanted to play my main game LIPS - Number One Hits again.

My questions/requests are:

1. If you got any information about the problem I issued above, please post everything you know here.
2. Does Lips create a backup of the save game data on the xbox 360 HDD?
3. Am I able to backup the old save game data?
4. Can I call or email microsoft support and tell them about my problem?

My sister freaked out and almost killed me (no joke) she is crying right now and I don't know what to do please help me. I already called Microsoft support but its 11:22 PM and the call center is closed.

Thank you very much in advance

NeverwinterMoon
12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I am really sorry to hear about your problem. I am not new to data corruption and loss. I remember failing a whole course at the university due to a breakdown of my HDD (it contained all the project data for that course). I also remember losing hell lot of data to CIH virus.

It's usually only when you had a misfortune you start thinking about your safety. I had to have several accidents before starting to treat the important data carefully. The answer to the problem is simple - backups.

I advise you to start making backups. It's really fast and easy to do with Xbox 360. Savegame data doesn't take much space, too, but you will be protected against an unfortunate turn of events.

BADFELLA
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
this bull shit happened to be i got the original lips last

Operation 182
02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
this happened to me i have all the lips games so not sure which one corrupted but i was almost at the 200,000 stars achievement when it happened so now have to start a tedious journey again to get those stars, nothing you can do

polenmafia
05-26-2012, 10:41 AM
my lips game made an update some days ago. after that, all my stats changed. i didn't lose all my stars and medals, but i lost almost all and i am wondering, why has the menu of lips changed ? everything looks worse than before and some options are missing. my stats are different too now and there are no bronze, silver, gold, platin cups.
has someone the same problem or can someone tell what happened and everything changed ?
now i have to start almost from the beginning :mad:

Connor Angel
05-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Shit!!!!! It happened to me too!!! Almost 100.000 stars and now I'm starting all over again... I'm only 20.000... Luckly I like to sing the songs a lot!

Teh Paralyzer
04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Same shit happened to me. DO NOT PLAY THE FIRST LIPS LAST! It will fuck you.