PDA

View Full Version : Just to Clarify?

Jhow
12-19-2010, 01:35 AM
All cards are random at all times right even like blue eyes and obilisk?

applepie774
12-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Ja man. It's completely random sometimes I would get the same card 3 times from 1 duel.

Jhow
12-19-2010, 03:17 AM
alright cause i was playing and i lost and i got like 3 rare cards but when i win i get crap

R4ndom Gren4de
12-19-2010, 03:50 AM
You mentioned Obelisk. He isn't very powerful because your opponent can easily put out a stronger monster with Synchro summons. Plus, he requires 3 monsters to be tributes. And usually, when you have that many monsters on the field, you're winning.

HI NILLA!!!!!!

Jhow
12-19-2010, 04:22 AM
yeah i know i just want him thats all

Nazka Asmodeus
12-21-2010, 07:44 AM
You mentioned Obelisk. He isn't very powerful because your opponent can easily put out a stronger monster with Synchro summons. Plus, he requires 3 monsters to be tributes. And usually, when you have that many monsters on the field, you're winning.

HI NILLA!!!!!!

Obelisk not very powerful?! lol! A 4000 ATK monster that can't be targeted by ANY effects not very powerful? Ok, it doesn't belong in every deck, but a deck built around it (and other god cards for that matter) can be very devastating! Just look here :

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Egyptian_God_Deck

Oblongs
02-03-2011, 06:17 AM
I thought Obelisk was going to be awesome when I got him. I had him in my deck and was losing this duel, but I had some monsters out and Swords of Revealing Light. Whatdaya know I draw Obelisk. I'm thinking I got this in the bag now since he's a God. His summon can't be negated, immune to effects and my opponent had an attack position monster so the difference in damage would have killed him.

I go and tribute my 3 guys and attack him confidently. Next thing you know I'm Mirror Forced. WTF??? I thought he couldn't be targeted? Yeah, he can. I manage to last one more turn and draw Monster Reborn. Awesome! He only lasts one turn and doesn't get his effect, but surely I can kill him. Frickin Bottomless Trap Hole...

Decided to keep him in to give him another shot. The next time I got to summon him (a few duels later), I tribute the 3 monsters and the opponent Bottomless Trap Hole's him right there. WTF??? What part of "The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated" does this game not understand?

I have also noticed some other problems. Someone played a card that did direct LP damage based on how many monsters I had out on the field. Well, I had none on the field, so I'm good, right? Wrong! I end up taking damage based on how many cards I had in my hand! I rechecked the effect and everything. It specifies ON THE FIELD. Later when the card was played again I only took damage based on the one monster I had on the field, and nothing from the ones in my hand.

This game is pretty glitchy.

Kizyrix
02-03-2011, 08:42 AM
The reason Mirror Force worked is because it did not designate Obelisk the Tormentor as a target. It designated ALL face-up attack position monsters on your side of the field.

ChaosTheory2
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Mirror Force does not target. Bottomless Trap Hole does not target or negate the summon.

Solemn Judgment would negate the summon since it is a counter trap. There was nothing wrong with how the game handled the situation.

I thought Obelisk was going to be awesome when I got him. I had him in my deck and was losing this duel, but I had some monsters out and Swords of Revealing Light. Whatdaya know I draw Obelisk. I'm thinking I got this in the bag now since he's a God. His summon can't be negated, immune to effects and my opponent had an attack position monster so the difference in damage would have killed him.

I go and tribute my 3 guys and attack him confidently. Next thing you know I'm Mirror Forced. WTF??? I thought he couldn't be targeted? Yeah, he can. I manage to last one more turn and draw Monster Reborn. Awesome! He only lasts one turn and doesn't get his effect, but surely I can kill him. Frickin Bottomless Trap Hole...

Decided to keep him in to give him another shot. The next time I got to summon him (a few duels later), I tribute the 3 monsters and the opponent Bottomless Trap Hole's him right there. WTF??? What part of "The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated" does this game not understand?

I have also noticed some other problems. Someone played a card that did direct LP damage based on how many monsters I had out on the field. Well, I had none on the field, so I'm good, right? Wrong! I end up taking damage based on how many cards I had in my hand! I rechecked the effect and everything. It specifies ON THE FIELD. Later when the card was played again I only took damage based on the one monster I had on the field, and nothing from the ones in my hand.

This game is pretty glitchy.

Oblongs
02-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Ok so I see how Mirror Force could have worked, since it did not specifically target Obelisk. I also understand how Bottomless Trap Hole could have stopped the special summoning through Monster Reborn because Obelisk loses part of his effect if he is not Normal Summoned. However, I cannot believe that Solemn Judgement and Bottomless Trap Hold both somehow get around Obelisk's effect that reads "The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated" when he is properly Normal Summoned.

If both Solemn Judgement and Bottomless Trap Hold are not affected by that effect, then what exactly does that effect intend to stop?

ChaosTheory2
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Solemn Judgment can't negate the normal summon of the monster, and Bottomless Trap Hole cannot be used as a response to it's normal summoning, however, Bottomless may be used if it is special summoned through the use of Monster Reborn, and Solemn may be used on said Monster Reborn.

xboxmorgan91
02-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Beast King Barbaros > Obelisk. Sure he may have 1000 less Attack points but come on. 3 tributes and he wipes out all of your opponents cards. He can also be summoned with just two tributes and by himself as a 1900 beater. Obelisk is too situational to be truly effective imo.

RBmaster9345
03-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Non-targeting effects can kill Obelisk. Mirror, Barbados, TT, etc. What pisses me off is the fact Bottomless doesn't target. It's just due to some extremly convenient wording.

miragedres
03-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I agree that Bottomless is very cheap but how did this thread end up an Obelisk debate? The card is a beast if you know how to properly build a deck around him! Is there a better chance of acquiring Blue Eyes through the DLC packs than through in game duels?