PDA

View Full Version : Music minigame, WTF?!

TheLegendOf1977
12-19-2010, 07:16 PM
The speed of the notes is rediculous! Plus whats up with using the triggers en bumpers, youd almost have to be godlike to get every note right!
Anyone have any tips, maybe there are songs that are easier then others?

Sin Ogaris
12-21-2010, 08:42 AM
I haven't done it yet, but when I do I can guarantee it'll be with the guitar instrument. With it, the left side are longer notes while the right buttons are for short taps, means you don't have to focus quite so much because you have a lot more breathing room with your left hand.

I find the song "White River" to be a relatively simple one, I've done pretty well at it with only a couple of tries. Maybe try and source it and give it a few goes, I bought it from a vendor, can't remember which one though.

Moustik
12-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I actually got this achievement on the first try, i don't remember the name of the song, but you should use the drum and it is very easy.

I will try to let you know which song i used to get is.

TheLegendOf1977
12-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks, i'll try the drums next time. I've only got the gitar and harp.
The harp is absolute murder to nail, gitar less so but after trying the mini-games a lot i think i'm having more trouble using the triggers and bumpers for a quick-time event, it just feels unnatural to me...

chichan123
12-21-2010, 07:54 PM
There is a necromancer side quest where u will have to play thru all of the instruments to open various doors for that quest. From what i see the flow of notes depends on the song and the instrument with which u can play on. The song that has some thursday on its name can be played with all the instruments and its meant to be played in Co-op with each person handling a different instrument. If u try to play this song solo, the game pours the notes for all instruments combined together. I may be wrong but this is my guess or assumption.

But if its the achievement for 100% notes hit is what u r looking for then u will definitely get it on the mission i said above. This mission is got from the bullet in quest board in New Ashos.

TheLegendOf1977
12-23-2010, 07:03 AM
I haven't done it yet, but when I do I can guarantee it'll be with the guitar instrument. With it, the left side are longer notes while the right buttons are for short taps, means you don't have to focus quite so much because you have a lot more breathing room with your left hand.

I find the song "White River" to be a relatively simple one, I've done pretty well at it with only a couple of tries. Maybe try and source it and give it a few goes, I bought it from a vendor, can't remember which one though.

I actually got this achievement on the first try, i don't remember the name of the song, but you should use the drum and it is very easy.

I will try to let you know which song i used to get is.

Thanks guys!!! I used the "white river" song and the drums and nailed it first try!! Super easy!

Angelo JBJ
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks, I'll try with the drums this evening :-)

Angelo JBJ
01-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks, I'll try with the drums this evening :-)

Very easy with the drums, now I can confirm :-)

Angelo

Vermillion Haze
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Where can I find drums?

TheLegendOf1977
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Where can I find drums?

I think the first time you're able to buy one is in the town next to Hatmandor (cant remember the name)

MADasaHatter
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I think the first time you're able to buy one is in the town next to Hatmandor (cant remember the name)

Yes but the shops are random by day. So if you don't find the drum there and- you're like me, I wanted to get it out of the way early- I just kept going out to farm kills and fast traveling between the top island and the town and checking what he had. Shops are closed at night and he sells drums quite often so keep checking.

I can also agree that the drums were pretty easy. Thanks for the heads up. I tried the guitar and I hit like 2 notes.

Vermillion Haze
01-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Nah
That's the town I got the violin and guitar.