PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs Help

Jimcp88
12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm a big Yu-Gi-Oh fan so i like this game but i could use some help since it seems im not very good at it. I will break it down in a couple of questions and any help is appreciated, the more the better :P

1. since Yu-Gi-Oh first came out alot of years ago i was a big fan of the dragon type monsters, in the series i always thought Kaiba was pwnage. I would like to make a very strong dragon based deck to use in tag battles could you guys help me build one?

2. I said I was a nood and here is the proof. I just cant seem to get to the finals in the single player mode. getting to the knock out phase is fairly easy but after that its a no go. I've read the guide/roadmap but i wondered if you guys could give me some extra tips or some deck recipes who will get me to the finals and even win them. at the end of my post i will put my deck which i use this moment.

3. I've been reading the forum and saw alot of people bitching about not getting some rare cards. I guess i encounter the same problem but I wondered if theres some kind of trick to get cards faster in general? All i do is keep playing single player and win or lose you get some. Or is this the only way?

4. What are some must haves in every deck? strong cards I should use no mather what?

Ok below is the deck i use now, its still very simulair to the initial deck. In total i have played free just under 500 cards.

Monster:
Archfiend soldier
D.D. Trainer
Dunames Dark Witch
Elemental Hero Clayman
Elemental Hero Neos
Gene-warped warwolf
mad dog of darkness
mechanicalchaser
Black stego
Chainsaw insect
Copycat
Des Koala
Drillroid
Elemental hero prisma
Elemental hero stratos
Elemental hero wildheart
giant rat
mask of darkness
neo-spacian air hummingbird
raiza the storm monarch
steamroid
submaraineroid X2
swarm of scarabs

Spell:
axe of despair
brain control
fissure
giant turnade
heavy storm
monster reborn
nightmare's stealcage
ookazi
scapegoat
skyscraper
smashing ground
soul exchange
swords of revealing light

Traps:
bottomless trap hole
bark bribe
dust tornade
justi-break
magic cylinder
magic jammer
negate attack
sakuretsu armor
solemn wishes

Thanks for reading my wall of text, please post you comments or add my gamertag and send me some feedback.

GT: Jimcp88

UK Dennis
12-20-2010, 03:21 PM
since i use a dragon deck i will give you some help on that.
Dragon decks are mainly used to overpower the opponent. I think the key card you need is Red Eyes Darkness Dragon. It has a great effect for summoning higher level dragons. of course you dont need this card but it helps. You should also focus on using cards that specifically help dragon type monsters. You can easily search for these cards by using the search function. Since it searches descriptions as well as names.

For cards that you need in every deck, i wouldnt say there is one. Depending on the deck type you might not need it enough to take up deck space. Just think that the more cards you have in a deck the less chance you have of drawing the key cards.

As for getting cards you just need to keep playing single player. If you are not that bothered about beating the finals yet you could quit the single player after the preliminaries and start again. You will get them quicker.

The 8lue Ace
12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Red eyes darkness metal dragon, prime material dragon, masked dragon and 5 headed dragon are a must for a dragon deck.

I've got 3 of each except masked dragon. sucks

Jhow
12-21-2010, 01:23 AM
if your a big fan you should know the cards for yourself... i dont understand why you ask for help there is no fun in using people pointers cause they tell you the best deck then everyone will have a great deck just figure it out yourself

Nazka Asmodeus
12-21-2010, 07:28 AM
if your a big fan you should know the cards for yourself... i dont understand why you ask for help there is no fun in using people pointers cause they tell you the best deck then everyone will have a great deck just figure it out yourself

I don't agree! There are many yugioh websites to help people out with deck building strategies and to be up to date with new card release, ban list, etc... Why would someone lose time to figure everything out by himself when a 1000 more will just use these sites anyway.. Besides, there's no perfect deck, so those people's pointers will basically be a base to build your own deck, depending on a person's preference and cards that are available to that person. The game has become so big and complex with time that figuring everything out by yourself can really become confusing and frustrating.. Anyway, just my two cents...

Jimcp88
12-21-2010, 10:44 AM

I've never heard of 5d decade duel before this game. I'm only familiar with the first series and the cards who first came out. I've bought a kaiba and yugi starter deck back in the days and traded cards and dueled with that for a year or two and then sold everything and lost sight of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Nazka is right there are so many new things in the game those synch cards where totaly new for me as an example. ofcourse after a few hours playing you figure it everything out but still I'm just looking for tips and pointers to help me with the achievements. there is no such thing as the most powerfull deck, every deck type has its strenghts and weaknesses.
Plus if you dont want to help me out why bother posting.

UK Dennis and the 8lue ace thanks for the tips. I don't have that red eyes card yet so I guess I will have to wait for that. I do got a five headed dragon but no future fusion or polimarisation so that sucks.
are there still cards in this game like "Lord of D" , "the flute of summoning dragon" , "buster blader" , " dark magician" , "gaia the dragon champion" ? I havn't come across them yet and used them back in the days eventhoug they might be underpowered now perhaps.

Yesterday after I did manage to beat yusei but Jack seems to strong, any tips on that. If im lucky enough to get to him again that is :P

Nazka Asmodeus
12-21-2010, 12:04 PM
UK Dennis and the 8lue ace thanks for the tips. I don't have that red eyes card yet so I guess I will have to wait for that. I do got a five headed dragon but no future fusion or polimarisation so that sucks.

If you want to build a real good dragon deck, forget polymerization! Use Dragon's Mirror and Future Fusion to get Five Headed Dragon out.. But the beauty of Future Fusion lies also in the fact that it gets Red-Eyes Wyverns (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Wyvern) and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragons (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Darkness_Metal_Dragon) in your graveyard. That combo lets you special summon REDMD (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Eyes_Darkness_Metal_Dragon) at the end of your turn if you don't summon during a turn by removing Red-Eyes Wyvern from play from your graveyard.

are there still cards in this game like "Lord of D" , "the flute of summoning dragon" , "buster blader" , " dark magician" , "gaia the dragon champion" ? I havn't come across them yet and used them back in the days eventhoug they might be underpowered now perhaps.

Yesterday after I did manage to beat yusei but Jack seems to strong, any tips on that. If im lucky enough to get to him again that is :P

These cards still exists yes, but they are not currently available in Decade Duels. You can find the card list for this game here :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995075-yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duels/faqs/61222

On a final note, to farm cards, I would suggest only going through the preliminaries, as you only have to play a single round instead of an entire match in the knockdown tournament... Playing the single player mode is the only way to get new cards, win or lose, and the game will give you 1 card for every 20 points... and they are totally random.. I have played well over 400 single duels and I'm at 998/1000 different cards unlocked, to give you an idea of the time investment needed to get everything! XD

For must have cards... Mirror Force, Heavy Storm, Mystical Space Typhoon, Lightning Vortex come to mind... well, most limited or semi-limited cards are powerful.. you should check them...