PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Sports freezing Xbox 360?

PulzationZ
12-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Just wanting to know if anyone has had similar problems to me.
First of all, I would like to say my Xbox appears to be in very good shape.
It has a Falcon motherboard and was born in 2008.

It has never frozen so frequently on me as much as it did today.
7 times today...

I tried it without the game installed. With the game installed. Re installing the game. Clearing cache. Re downloading patch. In numerous orders, yet it still froze.

The weird thing is... It isn't Kinect as it has it's own power supply, it SHOULDN'T be the game as it's only 3.3 GB so probably isn't very demanding.

Additional info.
Today reached up to 32 degrees calcius.

Yet if it was the temperature why is it that I can run Fallout New Vegas and Call of Duty black ops 100% okay?

The disc is brand new and has no scratches.
What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Abominable Zazquash
12-23-2010, 01:33 AM
This just happened to me yesterday. I was about to start one of the soccer mini-games and my xbox froze. I haven't tried installing the game or any other workaround as it just happened once.

I'll let you know if it happens again. The only thing I can think of that could be the cause is the add-on I have downloaded for kinect sports. In one of the box mini-games, my boxer's gloves did not appear on screen so it may have a bug or something like that.

I was playing two of the new mini-games when these two problems happened.

Which game modes were you playing when it froze?

Cheers!

PulzationZ
12-23-2010, 05:16 AM
This just happened to me yesterday. I was about to start one of the soccer mini-games and my xbox froze. I haven't tried installing the game or any other workaround as it just happened once.

I'll let you know if it happens again. The only thing I can think of that could be the cause is the add-on I have downloaded for kinect sports. In one of the box mini-games, my boxer's gloves did not appear on screen so it may have a bug or something like that.

I was playing two of the new mini-games when these two problems happened.

Which game modes were you playing when it froze?

Cheers!

Hey thanks for the reply :D
I was in boxing the very first time it froze. Nothing glitchy such as gloves not appearing occurred but it did freeze my whole console. It's also happened to me during soccer but normally happens after or before in begins to load anything. I have tried clearing cache, re-formatting my hard drive and tested on different profiles. I don't get this issue on any other games and my Xbox doesn't appear to be over heating. I also tried deleting the game saves and making new ones but that didn't help. I might try it without the DLC as this may be the cause...i never thought about DLC. I downloaded the DLC before I even had the game so that may have done something a little funky, however when the game does work I was able to use the chicken costume in party mode which I believe was the DLC. I will play without the DLC and comeback and let you know if that works. I should also be getting a new disc tomorrow so I'll let you know how that one goes as well.

PulzationZ
12-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Okay. So I deleted my DLC as well as the installed game and all gamesaves from the HDD. I then re-installed the game to the HDD 100%. I boot up the game and after a quick game of target shooting in soccer everything is smooth so I start up a game of boxing. The game loads then probably after 20 seconds of entering the game it freezes again :/

It's either a really really unusual disc OR I need to prepare myself for RROD. But WHY can I play normal, more hardcore and demanding games if it is a system error?

Grrr.

Murberec
12-25-2010, 11:42 PM
I have a slim, bought with kinect release it has frozen three times in two days with kinect sports only. All other games play fine. Twice loading a mini game, once signing in a new profile.

PulzationZ
12-26-2010, 01:22 AM
I have a slim, bought with kinect release it has frozen three times in two days with kinect sports only. All other games play fine. Twice loading a mini game, once signing in a new profile.

Thank you very much for your reply :)
I am on the original 360, but is a late 2008 falcon model, which should be RROD safe. Ever since the original post I haven't had ANY problems with any other game at all. 0% issues. Except Kinect Sports so, I am feeling optimistic that it isn't my Xbox console.

Murberec
12-26-2010, 06:59 AM
i am going to reinstall the dlc and see if there is any improvement

Jedi sy
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
My console froze once but has not done it since.

Tommo
12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
had kinect sports on christmas day and its froze twice.

TehGreyWolf
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
It has froze on me a couple of times generally games freeze more when the console starts to get hot.

dtolley
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm assuming it's a DLC issue. I've had no problems with Sports since November, but recently downloaded the DLC and now it's freezing up every time I switch between any game modes. Quite annoying.

PulzationZ
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
UPDATE: My console hasn't frozen or lagged on any other games since. But still freezes on Kinect Sports. I have been pushing my 360 to the limits and still no sign of RROD. I have tried everything possible to get this game to work for me (Deleting dlc, gamesaves, cache clearing, hdd re-formating etc etc) but it just won't :(

Extreme Washing Machine
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
UPDATE: My console hasn't frozen or lagged on any other games since. But still freezes on Kinect Sports. I have been pushing my 360 to the limits and still no sign of RROD. I have tried everything possible to get this game to work for me (Deleting dlc, gamesaves, cache clearing, hdd re-formating etc etc) but it just won't :(

Thinking outside of the box, maybe you should try a friends game.:confused:

PulzationZ
01-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Thinking outside of the box, maybe you should try a friends game.:confused:

Yep, will try a new copy soon, and lend my friend my copy. Just need to get around to it..

PulzationZ
01-06-2011, 01:22 AM
I am getting a fresh, new copy in around 20 minutes. Will be back in a few hours with a verdict.

PulzationZ
01-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Okay, so I got my new copy. I couldn't even make it through one game of boxing. And this time instead of the screen going black, it flickered red and green and made a funny bleeping noise :(

None of my other Kinect games/Regular games have ever frozen on me...

Joel78
01-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Did you delete it off the drive and reinstall (or run it from the disk)

zacchief118
01-06-2011, 04:49 AM
this happened to me all the time. so i installed it to my hard drive it still happens but not as much. I wonder if rare knows this. Hope they patch it soon. because i really like this game and since i like to get all achivements for a game this can stop me and has done before in the middle of a game (this was when it wasn't on my hardrive) install it to your hardrive for now until they patch it. Bad luck it you have a 4gb cause is 3.3gb

hope this was helpful.
PS: nice i was 3rd for kinect adventures in australia

zacchief118
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Okay, so I got my new copy. I couldn't even make it through one game of boxing. And this time instead of the screen going black, it flickered red and green and made a funny bleeping noise :(

None of my other Kinect games/Regular games have ever frozen on me...

red and green? that i sign of death for your console. it happened to me on another game -forza 3. i had to get it replaced because i kept playing it. don't play it for a while cause i kept playing forza then the green and red screen came up FOREVER. luck it was under warranty. not sure about the bleeping noise but it sounds bad hope someone is able to let rare know about this or hopfuly their working on it.

ps: Dragons are better than NZ warriors

PulzationZ
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Did you delete it off the drive and reinstall (or run it from the disk)

That was the first thing I did. Cheers for the suggestion. I might try run it from the disc, because, for some reason it lasts longer when I play from the disc. Will try this now.

PulzationZ
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
this happened to me all the time. so i installed it to my hard drive it still happens but not as much. I wonder if rare knows this. Hope they patch it soon. because i really like this game and since i like to get all achivements for a game this can stop me and has done before in the middle of a game (this was when it wasn't on my hardrive) install it to your hardrive for now until they patch it. Bad luck it you have a 4gb cause is 3.3gb

hope this was helpful.
PS: nice i was 3rd for kinect adventures in australia

Nice~
Anyways, I hope it is a game related error because I don't want to lose another console :O

PulzationZ
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
red and green? that i sign of death for your console. it happened to me on another game -forza 3. i had to get it replaced because i kept playing it. don't play it for a while cause i kept playing forza then the green and red screen came up FOREVER. luck it was under warranty. not sure about the bleeping noise but it sounds bad hope someone is able to let rare know about this or hopfuly their working on it.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking although, this never happens on any other game, It's a bit coincidental it happened on two different discs, yet the same game. I can only put it down to the DVD drive laser becoming weak. So, when you had your error, it only happened on Forza 3 and all other games where fine. However you kept on playing Forza which resulted in your console getting the error forever?!

Dragons are better than NZ warriors

I simply disagree. ;)