PDA

View Full Version : Codes are back!

CressDX
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
I was playing this today, and then i fought about playing around on the pause screen if the game had the same cheats as the first one, AND it did!
i just played around tapping Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.Y.Y.Y.Y and stopped with B.(if it doesn´t work, keep pressing the buttons above and always end with B.)

i got the Statis cheat working and the Air cheat working, so those 2 cheats are in.. i wonder if the node cheat is in. XD

The only question now is why did the devolopers put the same code in :/
did they want to make it easier for players on Impossible?

H2O
12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
maybe they just wanted to make impossible possible. :/

I'm still slightly upset with them for the pay for better guns & armour idea. Ultimate weapons should be free un-lockable/ hidden content for completing challenges.

TheUglyCasanova
12-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Haha yeah I decided to try out the stasis cheat since I'm working on finishing up the achievements on the original and I chuckled a little when the same code worked.

Nevander
12-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Damn you CressDX, beat me to it. :p

I just thought about trying them myself too and they do work! I'm about to try them all out and see.

EDIT: Tried all the codes and they ALL work. :D

Chaosofdeath666
12-23-2010, 05:51 AM
do the cheats effect the achievements at all? meaning will i still be able to get the achievements if i put the cheats in?

judd90
12-23-2010, 05:53 AM
How was you playing this?

I didn't think it was out yet....

Nevander
12-23-2010, 08:41 AM
do the cheats effect the achievements at all? meaning will i still be able to get the achievements if i put the cheats in?

I have no way of knowing that. In Dead Space 1, they did not affect achievements, and I doubt that they will in Dead Space 2.

How was you playing this?

I didn't think it was out yet....

It's not. We are talking about the demo. The codes from Dead Space 1 work in the Dead Space 2 DEMO and probably will in the full game as well, when it comes out.

judd90
12-25-2010, 09:41 PM
I have no way of knowing that. In Dead Space 1, they did not affect achievements, and I doubt that they will in Dead Space 2.

It's not. We are talking about the demo. The codes from Dead Space 1 work in the Dead Space 2 DEMO and probably will in the full game as well, when it comes out.
Oh yeah cool.

I got to finish the first one still. Apparently if i don't update i can use the cheats to get the cheevo's?

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Codes will probably be diffrent. tou have to find them by solving the messages.

Difficult Dave 2010
12-27-2010, 04:32 AM
There were cheats for Dead Space!? Wow I did not know that. Although I dont recall the game being so difficult they would have helped. Probably likewise for 2.

judd90
12-27-2010, 04:40 AM
There were cheats for Dead Space!? Wow I did not know that. Although I dont recall the game being so difficult they would have helped. Probably likewise for 2.
I think they were in game cheats like GTA. I'm not 100% on that tho.

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-27-2010, 09:54 AM
they wernt reli cheats just codes to give u extra stuff when u start. there were a bitch to find at first

Cloud1992
12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I was playing this today, and then i fought about playing around on the pause screen if the game had the same cheats as the first one, AND it did!
i just played around tapping Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.Y.Y.Y.Y and stopped with B.(if it doesn´t work, keep pressing the buttons above and always end with B.)

i got the Statis cheat working and the Air cheat working, so those 2 cheats are in.. i wonder if the node cheat is in. XD

The only question now is why did the devolopers put the same code in :/
did they want to make it easier for players on Impossible?
Honestly,I didn't think impossible for the first Dead Space was that difficult except for a few parts. The only time I had trouble was in Chapter 1,2,9,and 10.
I'm not sure if you would consider this also,but I think Dead Space is meant to be played on impossible(That's just me). I know that this might sound dumb and possibly stupid,but in all reality that's what makes the game truly scary. Overall,I to used the cheats(I'll admit it) especially that Statis one. ;)

ltskitzo
01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Pffft, I hardcored through that game 3 times for all the achievements, never a cheat in site, and I have to agree about the hardest setting making it scary....because you once again got the sensation that your life was so feeble and you could lose it at any minute. Truly an awesome game on the hardest setting and in general, but i'll leave the cheats to the cheaters :D

Chuunks
01-02-2011, 05:51 PM
aaaiiieee!! I still need to finish Dead Space 1!!

*runs for his controller*

JuSt BLaZe
01-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Haha, nice found. Codes are back, even in the demo, that's crazy. Let's see if they'll be still in the retail copy. ;)

Opiate42
01-05-2011, 09:48 PM
aaaiiieee!! I still need to finish Dead Space 1!!

*runs for his controller*

Hahaha yah I felt a compulsion to go back and play it again even having beaten it twice already. Every time I think of that plasma cutter coming with the CE :woop:

Those codes were an in-game gift to the community from the developers so can hardly be considered cheating. If I remember correctly if you found the clues in game and went to the original Dead Space website it would tell you how to use the clues to get in-game bonuses, like the extra power nodes.

So obviously it wasn't long before someone had them figured out and simply posted the codes all over that interwebz thing.

I only just played the game first time a few months back and already had the codes in hand, but finding the clues all over the campaign was still fun.

When I first fired up the game I tried playing without them on Normal and found it to be an excruciating and frustrating experience, almost said bugger it and tossed it onto the trade-in pile. Then I tried again with the codes and couldn't put the controller down until I'd beaten it on Impossible. I was hooked. I think the developers included the codes to keep casual players playing and enjoying the experience.

I've beaten Gears 1 & 2 on Insane, and DS I don't think I would have finished even on Normal if it wasn't for the codes, just out of the fact that refilling your stasis module constantly from your inventory mid-fight took all the fun out of it. What they needed to do was hot-button it like they did your health packs. That would be handy.

conel33
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Pretty disapointing, I just didn't use the cheats in the first one as it took away half the fun. Would have been nice to see everyone on equal footing but oh well.

HorsemanOfWar16
01-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I know i wont use these cheats on my first normal play through. - however i will abuse these cheats on hardcore - They helped me a lot on my hardcore play through in the first game. - still i like cheats after i've enjoyed the story.

Ryzza NZ
01-09-2011, 05:48 AM
They are "good" cheats so to speak. There are the ones that you can only use once and thats only really to give you a head start. The air and stasis "cheats" i found more to be of an assistance rather a cheat that would make the game pointless.

sam0hT
01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice find. I wonder if activating cheats will disable achievements this time around...