PDA

View Full Version : Early Arcade Win Glitch?

Ravenhood
12-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I just started working my way through Arcade mode (figured I should finally 1000G this game), and I experienced a glitch that gave me a successful mission completion before all the enemy planes were destroyed.

I was using the Hurricane I on Wave 3, with both God Mode and Damage Increase activated. I did a slow dive towards 4 enemy planes that were all climbing towards me in a close-knit group. I shot all 4 down within seconds. Now, the counter did still say 4/12, so it recognized that there were more to kill. However, the 'Mission Completed' note came up, and even when more enemies spawned, the mission ended then and there.

Has anyone else experienced this? And do you know if this somehow affects the Survivor achievement? (I'm worried that, even with a successful completion, it won't count without all 36 kills in each match.)

If anybody could provide some insight, that'd be great.

Oh, and while I'm at it, does having achievements activated turn off achievements? I'd hate to do all of Arcade mode and not get the achievement because of a stupid code. XS

EDIT: I may have figured out what causes this. The only reason a 'kill X number of enemies' objectives continues is because there are enemies left in the area of play. So, theoretically, if all the enemies were destroyed, even if more should spawn, the mission could be deemed a success. Using the Seahawk just now, I destroyed the only 4 planes that were in the area, leaving only myself left, with 8/12 planes destroyed in the final wave. The mission was a success, and the final 4 planes spawned afterwards.

So, I guess it's sort of a glitch, but sort of a strategy as well, to end the Arcade matches a bit faster. If on wave 1 or 2, you can do this to end the /wave/ sooner, but that would still leave extra planes flying about when the new wave begins to spawn, so it likely wouldn't really save any time.