PDA

View Full Version : Kinect turned off and won't turn back on. Help?

StolenPaper18
12-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Received Kinect for Christmas this morning. Plugged it in, got it working, played Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports for a few hours with no problems. I then dashboarded and just left my xbox and Kinect on for at least an hour or two while I was doing other things around the house. Right as I come into my room I notice that all the lights on my Kinect Sensor are turned off. I assumed that it just turned itself off so it wouldn't waste any power or whatever. So a few hours later I go to pop in Kinect Adventures just to have some fun and I can't seem to get my Kinect to turn back on...So now I'm questioning whether or not it actually turned itself off or if it broke...lol

I'm pretty convinced that it is broke, unless I am completely missing a button or setting somewhere that I can turn the Sensor itself on and off...If this is the case, someone please help me out in locating such a thing :p I have tried unplugging and plugging it back in multiple times with no such luck.

I plan on contacting xbox support tomorrow, even though I am already dreading the headache that it is going to cause by trying to explain my problem to support, lol. But, I wanted to ask around a little first, in case I'm just missing something.

Edit: I have the Xbox 360 S with Kinect plugged into the designated port in back...if helps any, lol.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-26-2010, 07:17 PM
tried system settings/kinect sensor/on?

StolenPaper18
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
tried system settings/kinect sensor/on?
Yea. It appears that my xbox just wont read my kinect. I even tried using the usb plug and separate power adapter with it...98% sure my Kinect is just broken. I'll be shipping it back to Amazon as soon as I get a chance. Thanks though.

Crypdan
12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Did you disconnect xbox too? try it 8-)

StolenPaper18
12-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Did you disconnect xbox too? try it 8-)
I actually didn't try that...But it sounds like a good idea before I ship it back to have it replaced. I'll try after dinner and edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT: Didn't work...figured it was a long shot, haha. Thanks for the suggestion though.