PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to "free"

Berad Jenkins
12-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Remember like a year ago when Joy Ride was supposed to be coming out for free (FREE?? :confused:) as an Xbox Live arcade game... obviously never happened , but couldn't they be nice enough to make the Kinect Joy ride free, seen as we would of had to buy a Kinect to play it anyways...so they make their money and we think its free!

but noooooo, we gotta pay twice!

sorry, 'lil rant after i just got done searching for whether it was free and was rudely awakened lol

Capn Doug
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
How are you paying twice? Because they decided to expand Joy Ride into a full retail release as opposed to an arcade game that they were talking about giving away for free? Do you understand what you are saying? You are claiming that you were ripped off because they didn't shower you with presents for buying their new technology? What is wrong with the internet generation that they feel that people should be constantly servicing them and catering to their whims? You got a cool piece of technology and something that developers are intrigued by enough to try very different games, quit whining.

Berad Jenkins
12-26-2010, 09:54 AM
How are you paying twice? Because they decided to expand Joy Ride into a full retail release as opposed to an arcade game that they were talking about giving away for free? Do you understand what you are saying? You are claiming that you were ripped off because they didn't shower you with presents for buying their new technology? What is wrong with the internet generation that they feel that people should be constantly servicing them and catering to their whims? You got a cool piece of technology and something that developers are intrigued by enough to try very different games, quit whining.

you're reading waaaay too much into my post. don't you see the lol's ??

seriously...i mean what's wrong with this internet generation always thinking they're tough cause they can police a forum cause it makes their weewee feel something. lol

not in any way whining, just kinda laughing about how it all works. Go play hall monitor elsewhere

Berad Jenkins
12-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry if i offended anyone, it's not my intention.

but i don't like being called a whiner when that person doesn't even get/know where I'm coming from.... they just make assumptions.

StolenPaper18
12-26-2010, 05:42 PM
you're reading waaaay too much into my post. don't you see the lol's ??

seriously...i mean what's wrong with this internet generation always thinking they're tough cause they can police a forum cause it makes their weewee feel something. lol

not in any way whining, just kinda laughing about how it all works. Go play hall monitor elsewhere
In Doug's defense...You did only have one "lol" in your whole post and it was at the very end...So, it did kind of sound like you were whining. Obviously we can't hear the tone you are typing in...which is why I hate the internet :)

OT: What happened to free? They realized they could charge for it and people will still buy it :p

Capn Doug
12-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry if i offended anyone, it's not my intention.

but i don't like being called a whiner when that person doesn't even get/know where I'm coming from.... they just make assumptions.

I figured you were more on the whimsical side than serious side. Just found out it was supposed to be free and wanted to spread the word. I was more looking to premptively stop people whining (or trolling), nothing on you really. We already have people complaining about Kinect and them attacking hardcore gamers (or how it is bloody easy, seriously, I 100%ed Kinectimals, not easy, Dance Central and Kinect Sports are going to be insane 1000s). I would have liked to see it be free as well, but I think the mechanic they were showing off was already available in one or two of the other launch titles.

I also wanted to see how many question marks I could reasonably put in a paragraph.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-26-2010, 07:14 PM
well they released adventures with it giving you the illusion its free.

so swings and roundabouts

ferrara316
12-26-2010, 08:13 PM
kinect is an awesome peripheral to begin with so a $150 price tag is ridiculously good as just an add on. And for $300 bundled with the new 360.. is a steal.

Kinect by far is possibly the most interesting and great piece of technology invented for gaming. PS move is a Wii ripoff.. Wii is already miles behind Kinect's technology, PS Eyetoy and the Xbox Live Cam was made too early before its true potential.

So getting the Kinect and Kinect Adventures for $150 is pretty damn good IMO

Damian227
12-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about it bro, Joy Ride never looked anything special and all the buzz was there due to it being free in the first place. Judging the reviews and how angry my mate is with it... it won't be a big seller because, while it'd be good for a free game, it sucks for a retail one lol.

Berad Jenkins
12-27-2010, 05:51 AM
I wouldn't worry about it bro, Joy Ride never looked anything special and all the buzz was there due to it being free in the first place. Judging the reviews and how angry my mate is with it... it won't be a big seller because, while it'd be good for a free game, it sucks for a retail one lol.

this is what I find funny about the whole thing.

it's as if that was the marketing scheme. lol

litepink
12-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Yea, it's too bad the Kinect isn't packed with a game for free or it's too bad Kinect Sports doesn't have a Free DLC pack with like...10 more achievements and 250 points. Too bad that the full retail Joy Ride doesn't come with free licensed car DLC.

Would have been nice too if Wal-Mart would have offered the Kinect with Adventures AND another game for free on Black Friday...that would have been great. And while they were at it, I wish Microsoft would have given away free Kinect sensors and Xbox systems to promote the thing!!!

And they at least could have had the decency to donate them to every Boys and Girls Club (but don't hold your breath...there are 4000 B+C clubs in America!)

Berad Jenkins
12-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Yea, it's too bad the Kinect isn't packed with a game for free or it's too bad Kinect Sports doesn't have a Free DLC pack with like...10 more achievements and 250 points. Too bad that the full retail Joy Ride doesn't come with free licensed car DLC.

Would have been nice too if Wal-Mart would have offered the Kinect with Adventures AND another game for free on Black Friday...that would have been great. And while they were at it, I wish Microsoft would have given away free Kinect sensors and Xbox systems to promote the thing!!!

And they at least could have had the decency to donate them to every Boys and Girls Club (but don't hold your breath...there are 4000 B+C clubs in America!)

not sure what you're trying to prove by posting all that garbage when it's already been established i wasn't whining...simply bringing it up cause i think it's funny how they KNOW they can do it, lol.

i think the only thing you did prove is you can't read very well. nice try though.

next time u wanna try and make someone look like an idiot, get yourself up to speed so you don't end up looking like one yourself.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-27-2010, 08:44 AM
To be fair dude you was whining then you back tracked on yourself after you got a bit of grief.

Berad Jenkins
12-27-2010, 09:29 AM
To be fair dude you was whining then you back tracked on yourself after you got a bit of grief.

lol i was never whining at all.

there's no way you can possibly tell me.... by reading LETTERS/WORDS, that you can tell how i felt as i typed the thread, lol.

Sorry if I didn't blog about my current mood /feeling / and penis hardness at the time of my post.

Capn Doug
12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
lol i was never whining at all.

there's no way you can possibly tell me.... by reading LETTERS/WORDS, that you can tell how i felt as i typed the thread, lol.

Sorry if I didn't blog about my current mood /feeling / and penis hardness at the time of my post.

No, there was definitely a hint of whining in your original post. You may have meant it differently than it came across, but there was definitely a hint of whining in it. Going on the defensive really doesn't help your case, either. But hey, that's just my read of the situation.

Oh, and attacking Pink? Not the brightest move (really, attacking any of the people who have been around a while is not smart). I'm gonna get some popcorn ready for this one...

Berad Jenkins
12-27-2010, 05:39 PM
No, there was definitely a hint of whining in your original post. You may have meant it differently than it came across, but there was definitely a hint of whining in it. Going on the defensive really doesn't help your case, either. But hey, that's just my read of the situation.

Oh, and attacking Pink? Not the brightest move (really, attacking any of the people who have been around a while is not smart). I'm gonna get some popcorn ready for this one...

every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

Minty
12-27-2010, 06:17 PM
every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

In this case, you being an ass got the thread locked. The first post came off as moaning, even if you put a lol at the end.

Instead of just going "oops, didnt mean to sound like i was moaning" you just went into dick mode.