PDA

View Full Version : KINECT....NOT in colour?

gary1963
12-26-2010, 09:31 AM
a friend of mine got this for xmas but will only play in colour TV is only 1yr old this is due we think because his TV ill not support 60hz also a couple of games do the same? tv is HD ready would a HDMI Cable work???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Your post makes zero sense

A ZombieTwinkie
12-27-2010, 12:00 AM
a friend of mine got this for xmas but will only play in colour TV is only 1yr old this is due we think because his TV ill not support 60hz also a couple of games do the same? tv is HD ready would a HDMI Cable work???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Here's what I think he's trying to get across:

A friend of his got Kinect for X-mas, but will only play in color (not entirely sure what he means there) His friends TV is only a year or so old, but they think their problem is because his TV isnt 60hz (not sure there, either. I thought all HD tvs were at least 60hz, and that doesnt really bother playability) Also, some other games do whatever it is the problem he is having. His TV is HD ready, and wants to know if an HDMI would work.

So, I'm assuming the color has gone out in his TV? Could be because of the cables, but if it is HD ready, it wouldn't hurt to try a HDMI cable. If it still doesnt work, then he's probably going to need a new TV.

gary1963
12-27-2010, 11:02 PM
sorry for the 1st post to much drink that night......it would NOT play in colour....thanks for the reply's next time he's at the shops he will buy some leads to see if that works?

Eksy
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
sorry for the 1st post to much drink that night......
Rofl, I'll say.
Yes, try out different cables.
If it still doesn't work, try different inputs on the TV.
If it still doesn't work, try hooking the Xbox up to a different TV.
And if it STILL doesn't work, try doing the above sober. ;]

Thrall51906
01-04-2011, 01:11 PM
either tv is also pissed, (lol) or just try to hook up with an HDMI cable

davezpsp
01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
To me it sounds like you may have a US Kinect on a PAL Xbox? Check the region code on the other games it does this with. I'm pretty sure games that run at 60Hz always come up black and white on 50Hz TVs or vice versa.

frankenthumbs
01-09-2011, 08:36 AM
And if it STILL doesn't work, try doing the above sober. ;]

HAHAHAHAHA!!

agreed with davezpsp, you should try a different game that you know is not NTSC.

DoctorPolski
01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Was the whole xbox setup new this xmas? Or was it just that he only got the kinect this xmas? if only the kinect is new did this only just start happening after the kinect was connected?

Smoeey
01-09-2011, 12:13 PM
This happened when I tried to play a US game on my Euro PS3 on an old tv via RED/WHITE/YELLOW cables. If you use a HDMI cable it should fix it.