PDA

View Full Version : FEAR 1 to FEAR 2

GeneralIzor
12-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I got this thing going on meaning that I can't play a sequel to a game without playing the prequel. I'm sure some of you are like this too. However I have been offered to borrow FEAR 2 now from a friend and I think it looks worth playing. I have tried to buy FEAR 1 but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. So im ready to make an exemption. So I now wonder if the stories in the games are free-standing and if it would be possible to experience the same play value as if I would play the first game before I play the second ?

TESTUBE BABY 82
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I got this thing going on meaning that I can't play a sequel to a game without playing the prequel. I'm sure some of you are like this too. However I have been offered to borrow FEAR 2 now from a friend and I think it looks worth playing. I have tried to buy FEAR 1 but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. So im ready to make an exemption. So I now wonder if the stories in the games are free-standing and if it would be possible to experience the same play value as if I would play the first game before I play the second ? Most of the stuff is continued from FEAR 1 but there a lot of stuff that will be new to the story .your best bet would be to try and get a copy of FEAR 1 to experiance it properly and then play FEAR2 ,thats what i would suggest,oh and try find a copy on the internet

DOBOYX2
01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah, to anyone who is wondering the same about playing any of the Fear games, make sure you play the first one before any of the others. Not only to get the best experience out of the series, but also because the original Fear kicks the most ass and is the best one so far imo.

ReDeadReaper
02-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Fear 2 defiantly has great game play and really brought the "fear factor" back unlike files but the robot you get to drive kind of diminishes the horror. However you cant beat the sweet weapons and the fact that Alma actually attacks you. I say that for me its a solid tie between the two

TTD187
05-21-2011, 09:19 PM
I honestly think that F.E.A.R 2 can be played without ever playing the first one but F.E.A.R 3 is going to be using the same protagonist and there are VITAL details from the first one that will be in the third one.

F.E.A.R i not a prequal to F.E.A.R 2. F.E.A.R is F.E.A.R 2's predecessor. A prequel comes after a certain game (or movie) but takes place before the events of the previous. Example:

Halo: Combat Evolved - Original
Halo 2 - Sequel
Halo 3 - Sequel
Halo 3: ODST - Prequel to the series
Halo Reach: Prequel to all other current Halo games
Halo 4: Sequel

Any game that comes out after the game before is a successor and the previous game is the predecessor, I hope you enlightened you :)

OptimusPrime76
07-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry but your wrong in your list of halo games. Halo ODST is not a prequel at all. The story runs alongside Halo 3 as it's events take place in the same time line just from a different perspective.

Basically ODST and Halo 3 happened at the same time.

SexySandslash
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Nice one bro.

JRDN762
11-06-2011, 08:39 AM
I would play FEAR 2 first, my opinion, FEAR 1 was kinda hard.

AlmaVerse
04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Play Fear 1 and play the rest if you are interested, but you will live without playing them as the story gets kind of crazy and confusing....they are good games, but not as good as the first nor are their stories as meaningful....oh and FEAR 2 has a very time consuming achievement, which may put some off.