PDA

View Full Version : At what point does your body stop aching

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I must be seriously out of shape lol because i got this x-mas and played it for 5 hours straight.

Woke up the next day to my body aching like no tomorrow

Day 2 and i'm still aching. When will it stop lol

Berad Jenkins
12-27-2010, 09:31 AM
even though it hurts keep playing, it will feel good again after the first 5 minutes. rough through that for about a week and you'll be good to go.

but don't take a huge break cause you're sore then go back to it cause the same thing will happen.

Capn Doug
12-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Yup, you will be sore for a while. I know my quad aches like nothing else after some time with my trainer on Your Shape. Go and play something different for a bit, like Kinect Adventures if that starts happening. You really should keep moving, but switch to a lower impact game (KA, Kinectimals, Kinect Sports) as opposed to sticking with the higher impact games (Dance Central, Your Shape).

And remember to cool down after a high impact session (yoga or gym games on Your Shape is great for that) so you don't stiffen up.

Gamersdg
12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Do what Capn Doug say's but yea if you hurt it's working, your body will get used to it as you build muscles and build your strength. This is whats great about the Kinect because it make working out fun, and it awards you with achievement's.

AngelCld9
12-27-2010, 03:31 PM
All I did yesterday was run through Kinectimals and my back is killing me - I kind like the fact that it's making me work out. The pain is good XD

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-27-2010, 05:04 PM
i havent felt like this since my x-mas temp job at argos

Rilude
12-27-2010, 08:56 PM
lol im the same, my body is killing me today but I totally love the Kinect :D

Pyrochaos
12-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Kinect is like sex with a hooker. It hurts so bad after but you just want to keep going back.

Berad Jenkins
12-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Kinect is like sex with a hooker. It hurts so bad after but you just want to keep going back.

Whatever floats your boat I guess, lol.

TwinTipZ
12-28-2010, 11:57 PM
>.<

Yeah, no offense, but y'all are kinda out of shape. Played dance central's dance battle mode yesterday for 5 hours straight, didn't phase me. Best y'all work on your cardio now to get ready for tomorrow's zombie outbreaks.

Capn Doug
12-29-2010, 12:08 AM
>.<

Yeah, no offense, but y'all are kinda out of shape. Played dance central's dance battle mode yesterday for 5 hours straight, didn't phase me. Best y'all work on your cardio now to get ready for tomorrow's zombie outbreaks.

Actually, I did notice that, too. There are really only a few activites on Kinect that ever got my body aching. One or two moves on Dance Central, but not much, and the Personal Trainer on Your Shape are the big examples. The personal trainer actually is the worst, she knows where I ache and tries to work the muscle group. Only other thing is the aching hands after a long session of Kinect Sports. No resistance from the ball or the boxing glove makes my fingres swell a bit. The natural aching from all the jumping I did on what turned out to be a sprained ankle (work related, not Kinect related) doesn't really count.

Everything else just works up a good sweat. But the warm up and cool down is still a good idea.

CyanideSpirit
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
My body never aches from playing kinect, but I always take a little rest after playing for long periods of time :)

litepink
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
If you continue to play on a regular basis, the soreness gets less and less. After that first day of Kinect Adventures, I was beat. I was reeeeeealy sore when I went back to work. But now my body is getting used to it.

Teach me How to Jerk on Dance Central also caused a lot of soreness, and I thought my arms were going to fall out of their sockets after that Bowling game in Kinect Sports where you keep throwing one after the other with each hand/arm. Ouch!

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
ok i'm fine now and don't ache after playing kinect sports.

i think it was more to do with the sprint events and the unatural running on the spot rapidly and the bowling minigames where i was practically windmilling lol.

littlejay
01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
i got 980 in kinect adventures in 2 days and it took 2 more days to stop hurting :p
it's fun tho.

tandy rawfun
01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep I've felt the pain. It's just a case of stretching cold muscles but who can really be bothered with a ten minute warm up to play on a video game?

RichXbox360
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I just got done on a half hour session on Fighters Uncaged, cos I finally figured out how to skip the inane bastardry of the tutorials, what a workout! 4 rounds with the training guy and I was sweating like a Pig!

Also, playing Bowling on Kinect Sports for a long period seriously KILLS my right shoulder, I'm right handed so I always bowl using the right hand, in left stance.

Thrall51906
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
gah, after a combination day of kinect sports and kinect adventures im exhausted :( just picked up kinectimals today (yeah i know...) havent tried it yet, hoping it will be fun/relaxing? shoulder needs a break from all that bowling! :uzi:

mptuk
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
loving the kinect sports but last night i was doing sprint and my foot went down weird started hurting but today its alright lucky i suppose, loving all the minigames in that even the goalie saves can be a workout as it gets faster the further you get.

havent really had much aching but not played for more than 30mins each time due to either kids or if its late i get tired an decide to do something non-kinect

drafeara
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
lol I'm in the same boat. I played for a few hours straight and now going on day 3 with muscle pain. Although it probably doesn't help that I still play for at least 2 hours each night even though I'm sore teehee

aggieweather
01-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Man I thought I was in bad shape.

Hiigarian
01-08-2011, 06:14 PM
After the first day, I was really feeling sore - I guess that's what you get for not having a proper pre-stretch, which is something I used to hate doing even in my basketball days. But, I guess after the first two or three days, the body gets accustomed to the fact that it's gonna be jumping around all day long, so it gets better.

However, stretching is somewhat mandatory, since it really helps, especially if you're playing Kinect for the first time, and if you don't get to have so much physical activity generally. :)

makecrack
01-10-2011, 03:09 AM
im still recovering from knee surgery and was when i got the kinect and damn does it ever make you sore! i got back to normal two days after straining my body well over what a doctor would have recommended.

Purplepooki
01-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I was sore for a couple of days in my upper legs but I kept playing Adventures and now the soreness has gone. I can't wait to try out some other Kinect games.

Thrall51906
01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
how is the new boxing game that just came out?

Pyrochaos
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
how is the new boxing game that just came out?

Huh? What new boxing game?

rodgabeatz
01-13-2011, 06:02 AM

Pretty much...

But my knees are what bother me... Other than that I think it's a good spastic cardio workout.

Rulerbar
01-14-2011, 02:26 PM
The pin-rush minigame on kinect sports made my arms ache. The windmilling flashbacks are terrible.

TakahashiDemon
01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
The soreness only lasted 2 days with me, that was taking a complete break off Kinect for those 2 days, but now I can play it for a good while and not be too sore, maybe my feet because of the jumping, but thats about it.

TakahashiDemon
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Huh? What new boxing game?

Think he might mean the Your Shape DLC.

Pyrochaos
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
The soreness only lasted 2 days with me, that was taking a complete break off Kinect for those 2 days, but now I can play it for a good while and not be too sore, maybe my feet because of the jumping, but thats about it.

That's mainly what hurts me the most. The feet. But I am on short carpet. I know friends of mine who play on hardwood who say they have to wear shoes or their feet will hurt too much.

luuwat
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
my arms were killing after the kinect sports boxing, it stopped for after 3-4 days

lol

Burnout x360a
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Doesn't really have an effect but then again i'm 18 and not as old as some of you using it.

barrykeith
01-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Boxing is the one that makes me real sore

Keep it up, your muscles will get used to it ;)

EighthSin
01-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Same happened to me, I played it for 5 hours straight.
Legs hurting for days, and i'm a pretty lean guy. O-O

Opiate42
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
It's amazing when you use muscles you haven't used in a while, or ever!! LOL, it will get easier....over time...and beer. Beer helps.

XRedemptional
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm a good athlete.
But for some reason I still ache while I play track and field and I ache while I do the hurdles, and the sprints.

EighthSin
01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the knowledge there. XD
I'm gonna have to face the pain. :/

TAI JASON
01-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Stand up after Kinect boots up with the game. Argh standing is hard XD

All to Atrophy
01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm in training for the United States Marine Corps right now... that in mind, I couldn't even laugh at how sad this thread is.

TAI JASON
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm in training for the United States Marine Corps right now... that in mind, I couldn't even laugh at how sad this thread is.

I was in the german army, fit as hell, now i'm a lame bunch of bones and flesh. :D

I salute you, Marine Corps is hard stuff! :uzi:

EighthSin
01-19-2011, 12:20 AM

No one cares.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, occasional breaks or play for an hour or more everyday, and you should not feel aching or soreness at all after a while. Kinect Sports never, and I mean NEVER gets old. :drunk

DannyAwesome
01-24-2011, 11:02 PM
My sides were a little sore, I'm not used to jumping so I think that is what did it. I do a lot of walking normally so my legs are almost never sore.

D00MZDAY89
01-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Thats awesome we live in a age where we ache from playing video games. LOL I wonder if there has been any serious injuries from the Kinect yet.

DannyAwesome
01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Thats awesome we live in a age where we ache from playing video games. LOL I wonder if there has been any serious injuries from the Kinect yet. I'm sure at least someone slipped n broke a bone.

I almost knocked over an empty can of coke the otherday playing rally ball. Go me.:drunk

Lemonlimes249
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
i hit my pinky against my couch and it turned all red. :Bounce:

Tussell
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
This is easily the most pathetic thread I've ever seen. Great job solidifying the already horrible stereotype of gamers. :p

judd90
01-31-2011, 09:23 AM
I usually don't ache until the next day, but then I only ache for a few hours lol

Pyrochaos
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

OMG if I was a female I'd throw my panties and anal my virginity at you.

All to Atrophy
02-06-2011, 04:35 AM
The point is, if Kinect is a challenge to your cardiological fitness, you should avoid strenuous activities in the future.

Such as eating pizza.

AGRawr is Bored
02-06-2011, 05:53 AM
I'm with Atrophy on this one. All the kinect games are pretty easy to do, with the exception of using the work out game, and even that is easy for someone who isn't horribly out of shape. If your body still hurts over a month after playing it, you should probably see a doctor cause your on the verge of a heart attack.

Also, i don't think Atrophy was trying to show off by saying he is training to be a Marine, he's simply pointing out that he has to do so much exercise a day, that if any of the people saying they are in pain cause of kinect tried to do it, they'd probably fall over dead. I myself am also looking into joining the Marines, i haven't started my workout regiment yet, but i can handle Kinectamals just fine, i guess it's the cheetah that did you all in?

PerfectInsanity
02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
trust me, kinect's a workout. anyone would be sore

AGRawr is Bored
02-09-2011, 06:40 AM
trust me, kinect's a workout. anyone would be sore

I used kinect for a few hours and didn't even break a sweat, i don't get how anyone gets sore unless then don't do any physical motions on a daily basis.

tryrebooting
02-16-2011, 05:02 AM
yeah, i pulled a calf muscle and it took like a week to heal.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I used kinect for a few hours and didn't even break a sweat, i don't get how anyone gets sore unless then don't do any physical motions on a daily basis.

Your probably not doing it right. aka the fun way.

For example in kinect sports boling minigames. Do you windmil manically while laughing hysterically like a homicidal mad man, or do you pace your self and gently swing your arms in turn.

If your answers the latter it is why you do not ache and someone like me does lol.

Pyrochaos
02-16-2011, 08:24 PM

Read:

That's mainly what hurts me the most. The feet. But I am on short carpet. I know friends of mine who play on hardwood who say they have to wear shoes or their feet will hurt too much.

I play against my friends online, and I sure has hell am not going to let them beat me. So basically the running/hurdles we are slamming our feet down trying to beat each other.

Abdable
02-20-2011, 03:06 PM
i found playin kinect to be like the first time i played the WII. the first few days your reli reli over the top with the motions so you will ache, but once u get ust to playin it properly and regualy ul find tht u wont ache tht much/ at all

AGRawr is Bored
03-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Your probably not doing it right. aka the fun way.

For example in kinect sports boling minigames. Do you windmil manically while laughing hysterically like a homicidal mad man, or do you pace your self and gently swing your arms in turn.

If your answers the latter it is why you do not ache and someone like me does lol.

Actually, i'm a competitive player, to me, winning is fun, doing good is fun, so losing is not. Like i said, i've played it for hours straight, and didn't hurt at all. about 3 days ago i played non-stop with a few friends. I didn't hurt at all.

I know im playing right cause i do good whenever i'm at my friends playing. I honestly think if Kinect can make you ache for days from a few hours of play, you might wanna get checked out cause in all seriousness, you could have a medical problem.

I workout for 1-2hours most days now. That hurts cause i push myself and challenge my limits. But petting a cheetah or playing bowling does nothing to me. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you hurt after playing for a few hours, i could understand since most gamers aren't in the best of shape. However, if you hurt for a day or more, to me there has to be either a medical problem, or your just seriously out of shape. Either way, if your hurt for days after, play less or exercise, cause your obviously doing more then your body can handle.

silentlybroken
03-04-2011, 04:14 AM
The only time I ache is when I aggravate the injury I caused myself when I was a competitive swimmer.

Though I must admit a hard floor is a git when you're playing stuff like reflex ridge on kinect adventures. Jumping up and down repeatedly and quickly really does hurt your feet on the floor lol. I took to wearing two pairs of socks to negate that ;p

It can be tiring definitely, but I don't ache, I just feel refreshed and pro-active haha.

Foxxy kyle
03-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Idk im always in shape because i play football, i have weight training class, and i do track. But Usually after not lifting for a while it takes about 2-3 days

JeJans
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Agree on 2-3 days. If you´re really out of shape i would guess at maximum of 4-5 days

MC B0B x360a
03-21-2011, 04:36 AM
My wife and I just bought Kinect, and my whole body is killing me. I am not that out of shape, but I rarely do the motions which Kinect has you do. I dont think I have ever swung my hands around like a madman for 45 minutes straights when trying to get the 350 points bowling achievement. I thought my arms were gonna fall off. I guess going on a 6 hour kinect bender on the first day wasnt a good idea.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm with Atrophy on this one. All the kinect games are pretty easy to do, with the exception of using the work out game, and even that is easy for someone who isn't horribly out of shape. If your body still hurts over a month after playing it, you should probably see a doctor cause your on the verge of a heart attack.

Having your muscles ache because you over exert yourself in ways in which you arent used to consistently doing doesnt mean you are unfit or about to have a heart attack.

The motions this system can have you do such as rapidly running o the spot to try and get the 1k achievement achievement in the track games for sport is just unatural. when you do some of the minigames or try and dodge things you can get a little too into it and slightly pull something.

basically i am talking about this

"When you exercise, you won’t likely “feel the burn” of muscle soreness right away. It can take several hours for that to happen. In fact, you usually don’t feel any soreness until you’ve rested your body, typically after a full night’s sleep. This next-day soreness is caused by damage to the muscle fibers during exertion. The recovery time is needed for healing and redevelopment of the muscle, which leads to toning and strengthening of the muscle."

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Well my friend
Having been in the Army for 20years and having to be fit, you would think I would know how to stop myself from hurting...
I usually warm up before playing but that still doesn't stop the hurt lol...
Guess we gotta be superhuman fit freaks lol