PDA

View Full Version : DLC on disk??????

undeadjubbie
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
BIG fan of Alan Wake.....Pre Ordered the collectors edition and also have the prima official guide

Just wondering since i cant afford to access X box live, will the DLC's be available to buy retail ever???????:eek:

ozgoon56
12-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I very much doubt that you'll see a dlc disc release. There may be a gold edition at some stage but the chances are that the add ons will come as codes for download. That seems to be the trend these days. I was going to buy the Borderlands goty edition, but fortunately I realised in time that it came as codes not a disc. :(

I feel your pain, I do have a live connection, but very restricted bandwidth, which makes it hard to get the larger downloads that are becoming the norm. {sarcasm on} Never mind, our government will make things all alright with the amazing, all singing, all dancing, national broadband network, which will only cost about double current fees! And when it arrives they'll probably put xbox live on the banned list anyway! {sarcasm off}

Oh well, at least rockstar are still doing the right thing with the Red Dead Redemption dlc available on disc.

undeadjubbie
12-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the info :( Its a shame as i loved Alan Wake and was hoping.....anyway at least Ive got games RDD Undead Nightmare retail which is amazing and thanks to games like Fallout 3, Fable 2, RE5 Gold & COD (to name a few) for releasing the DLC onto disk.... maybe, just maybe....they will realize the potential Retail DLC has on there sales

Fingers crossed

Thanks again

ozgoon56
12-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info :( Its a shame as i loved Alan Wake and was hoping.....anyway at least Ive got games RDD Undead Nightmare retail which is amazing and thanks to games like Fallout 3, Fable 2, RE5 Gold & COD (to name a few) for releasing the DLC onto disk.... maybe, just maybe....they will realize the potential Retail DLC has on there sales

Fingers crossed

Thanks again

It wasn't really info, more just gut feeling, but you're welcome anyway.

I didn't even know that there was an all disc RE5 gold. I bought a copy only to find that it had a dlc code instead of a disc and I still haven't got around to downloading it yet. A few choice words were said about the marketers when I opened that box!

Btw, you've already paid for the first AW dlc. there's a 'free' bonus dlc code that came with your copy of the game. Any chance that you can maybe find a generous friend or relly to let you borrow their broadband connection for a few hours?

OceanH
01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
"Gold"?!

I'm pretty sure the DLC will come on disc when the game will go Platinum Hits like Mass Effect and Forza 2. Or it might come on a voucher like Halo Wars.

FSparacino4
01-09-2011, 12:09 AM
"Gold"?!

I'm pretty sure the DLC will come on disc when the game will go Platinum Hits like Mass Effect and Forza 2. Or it might come on a voucher like Halo Wars.

I bought Mass Effect Platinum Hit and I didnt get any DLC or code for it...

OceanH
01-09-2011, 03:12 AM
I bought Mass Effect Platinum Hit and I didnt get any DLC or code for it...

Bring Down the Sky content:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5337370931_5f4b97d08e_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5164/5337986646_1c3c018a8e_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5208/5337375455_ff92f1a436_b.jpg

essecks
01-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Not quite on topic, but to clarify: the Bring Down The Sky DLC for Mass Effect was on the second disk with the documentaries.

Personally I bought the Alan Wake DLC's during the week of specials when they were pretty cheap. Haven't got around to playing them yet though.

Bryson
01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
i bought the limited edition of alan wake preowned but it didn't come with the dlc code :( it was still worth the money tho. such a good game.

FSparacino4
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Not quite on topic, but to clarify: the Bring Down The Sky DLC for Mass Effect was on the second disk with the documentaries.

Personally I bought the Alan Wake DLC's during the week of specials when they were pretty cheap. Haven't got around to playing them yet though.

I am on Episode 4 on my Nightmare playthrough and I also bought both DLCs when they were 200 MSP. Im finding Nightmare mode 100x easier than the no dying or reloading checkpoint achievements in the DLCs. So good luck with those!

Mr PaNtsONhEaD
01-13-2011, 05:12 AM
no dying no reloading checkpoints will be a pain in the butt