PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Alan wake achievements!

MrBoysen
12-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Hello.

A friend of mine have some problems with saved stats on Alan Wake, does anyone know if you can reset the stats? Because my friend made a 'recover gamertag' and he have been playing offline, so some of his achievements were lost, and now he cant get them again because the stats on Alan Wake already shows as he made, etc more then 20 dodges..

Thanks!

essecks
12-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Sounds to me like you'll need to delete the saves and redo all of them all over again.

Which would suck.

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-29-2010, 01:15 PM
my advice is keep playing and get the chievoes you can get then just start a new save for the dodge ect. Also he might not be getting them agen because he does have them alredi they might not show on his tag yet but look on xbox.com

MrBoysen
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
my advice is keep playing and get the chievoes you can get then just start a new save for the dodge ect. Also he might not be getting them agen because he does have them alredi they might not show on his tag yet but look on xbox.com

The thing is that he have tried to delete all saves and play from the start but it seems like the stats on Alan Wake are saved to his gamertag.. We will check on xbox.com because when he tried to make a cinematic dodge for "Float Like a Butterfly" he doesnt get it..

EDIT: have checked xbox.com and there are no achievements. But like I said the stats for kills with #weapon still have a number so he cant get it because it already think he does. Are there some way to reset these stats?

bigboss4ak
12-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Never heard of this issue before but as someone suggested delete the save

MrBoysen
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Never heard of this issue before but as someone suggested delete the save

That does not help... If he deletes all and the only thing he can choose from is new game the stats on how many kills and such is still there..

xTGMx INF3RNO
12-30-2010, 01:58 PM
You need to somehow delete the saved settings not the atc game save. im not sure how tho sorry

CrazyDoginOZ
01-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Iam having the same problem but with the thermoses and his right there is no way that i can find to reset the stats. wiping your save does nothing because your stats are saved to your gammertag,so it seems like we are screwed.if any one finds a way please post it. thanks

Arraetyr
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Perhaps try clearing the System Cache? Unfortunately this clears things from every game, not just Alan Wake, but it should remove the stat tracking unless it is synched with your gamertag online (which is unlikely). If you're working on stat-tracked achievements for other games, though, this might wipe those at the same time.

To do it, go to System Settings -> Memory -> Press Y on the Hard Drive (or whatever storage device you're using) -> Clear System Cache