PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Height?

GearsFan4Life
12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
The recommended height for Kinect is 2ft to 6ft high, except my family just got a new entertainment center and its only 1ft 9inches high. So I'm wondering if Kinect will still work or not. Any help would be nice!

TakahashiDemon
12-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Its not that much of a difference off 2 feet, should still work, you could put it ontop of the TV as well if it doesn't, there's mounts you can buy if you're TV is too slim, or if you're scared of it falling off.

Err0rX
01-04-2011, 03:02 AM
That should be fine. As long as it's not sitting on the floor or mounted to your ceiling, you should be good.

Pyrochaos
01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
If it gives you problems just put it on a book or something.

Rolks
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
My wife and I are running into issues with our Kinect at only 2 feet. But this is only occurring in places where specific arm or leg height matter. We are doing an exercise routine, and the machine says we're either too high (even though the routine requires a straight out punch) or too low (I can't get my elbow any higher). Now these aren't earth shattering issues and we can easily adjust, but moving lower may be a concern. Any lower and it may not be able to judge the angles of your arms appropriately.

Maybe you should stack it on some books or get a mount for the top of the TV.

drafeara
01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I think it will still work just fine for you. Tyr it out if it's not working out for you the sencor can always be moved :) Don't forget to power down your system so the sencor can re-adjust to the new location.

RichXbox360
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
The best solution would be to get a wall mount for Kinect, I bought one the first week I got mine, 20 from Game in Meadowhall, well worth the money.

For US prices, have a look on www.madcatz.com (http://www.madcatz.com).

Princesspea299
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
we had our up high and just adjusted the height through calabration

aggieweather
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Mine is around 1' 10" and works fine, so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

eggchrist
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
STRETCHING is the key! It'll help and staying hydrated by drinking WATER.

barrykeith
01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
I've kept mine at 2' and at 4' and I cannot tell a difference either way... so

davezpsp
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
So, I'm 6ft 1in. I've read optimal height is either chest or eye-level, I mounted my shelf at 6ft and I've actually put things under it trying to gain more room. I've resigned myself to moving stuff around. I already have to move my coffee table every time anyway. I really hope they do something to re-consider smaller spaces.

Tiddy110703
01-18-2011, 08:50 AM
is there a way to do the first setup again? ive moved mine from the bottom to the top of tv and it dont seam to be picking my movements up as well as it did.

coxeh
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
You can buy a wall mount for your kinect on amazon, The link is leasted below:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Kinect Wall Mount: Video Games

There is a UK version aswell just search on amazon.co.uk!

CoXeH

coxeh
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
is there a way to do the first setup again? ive moved mine from the bottom to the top of tv and it dont seam to be picking my movements up as well as it did.
Just turning on and off the xbox should work. If not go into kinect ID or try to play a game and it should move the kinect into a correct position. Also the kinect must be on a flat surface - it cannot be balanced onto of the TV. see my above post for a link to a wall mount which provides a good stable surface for the kinect (remember the kinect works best when it is facing the middle of your body.

CoXeH

Lemonlimes249
01-19-2011, 12:11 AM
i think that if it is 1 foot 9 inches off the ground it wont make much of a difference. but if it does you shoud just put some books under it. mine is about 4 foot 10 inches off the ground and it works fine. thats all i have to help you :uzi:

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/lemonlimes249.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/lemonlimes249)