PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the games ?

warlordak47
12-31-2010, 05:19 AM
I heard that on launch there was going to be 16 or 17 kinect games available.I am from Australia but i can only find the same 6 or 7 games in the shops and even on the net.Im a bit disapointed with the number of games available at the moment as most of them are nearly the same, sport and exercise.Does anyone know if this info is correct and what are some of the up coming releases for kinect ?

master_shake_350
12-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Check this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games) for games and upcoming games.

The lineup does suck, like you said its all the same stuff!

Err0rX
01-04-2011, 03:01 AM
The wikipedia page mentioned above has the most complete list I've been able to find. I truly am hoping that developers will start putting effort into something more than Wii clones. All the games now are fun at first, but once the novelty wears off, there's not much to do with Kinect, aside from hacking it on the pc. I'm still waiting to get one. Microsoft has a ton of money invested into this thing, so I'm hoping they will push out some original games. Kinect certainly has a lot of potential, but it's nothing without a strong software library to back it up.

piwo4me
01-05-2011, 05:41 AM
The one I have been looking forward to is Child of Eden but have since heard it is not just kinect only so may turn out to just be better with a controller which would defeat the purpose.

My next hope is that Project Draco or Codename D has something to offer as they are both being published by Microsoft so there is money behind them but we shall see.

Winkyboy
01-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Check this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games) for games and upcoming games.

The lineup does suck, like you said its all the same stuff!

Thank you VERY much for posting that - I honestly didn't think to check wikipedia. (argh!)

Agreed, that the lineup seems to suck... there are NO games with any kind of storyline, and it does seem like Wii cloned stuff. It does usually take a while for great games to be thought up, but I am hopeful because of the great interfaces used in things like Dance Central. It shows that some developers are trying to think of the best UI, going forward.

warlordak47
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I knew i wasnt the only one thinking this.The first 2 weeks all i did was play kinect,had heaps of fun,lost a pound or two and got 1k on adventures and kinectimals since then its just sat there gathering dust.My fiance loves playing your shape fitness evolved and dance central but they are not the games for me.Kinect sports looks like fun.I would like to see some kinect games with some depth,story and adventure.I thought they would of had a shooter out by now and maybe a good racing game.I would like to feel apart of a kinect game not just jumping around my lounge room like a crazy person on E even though thats fun aswell lol

Optomistic
01-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Kinect seemed like such a great idea...at first. There seems to be nothing interesting coming out for it, in the near future. Just like other consoles in the past, if there is not enough software support, then the Kinect will quietly disappear.

killroy
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I can't wait for child of eden. I think this will put kinect where it belongs. being the first first shooter for kinect. You guys should look into it.