PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

L3giOn
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

Webb
08-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Achievements are up guys!!! :eek: --> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=393 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../achievements.php?gameID=393)

And it's a poor list if you ask me, too many random achievements that take away from what the game should be.

Encouraging players to play left and right handed and playing with the controllers.

Well, I for one am disappointed. Discuss...

Th3 Apache Dog
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
im not that dissappointed...and i think when it says standard controller it means the guitar...since it's only 5 points...the lefty flip achievements can be done on easy...i know im gonna have fun with this though...and i have very good friends online so i can't wait:woop:, and point distubution is a shateload better as well

Demon Ninja
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I kind of like them except for the play with a normal controller ones. Thoses are just plain retarded. Kudos to the guys that can beat through the fire and flames on expert.

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I only played the first one for like ten minutes when my friend came over one time, but that list is awful... They made a game where you get to play with a guitar, then force you to do the entire career with a controller? And force you to play with the wrong hand for an entire career? Win 500 online matches? What the hell were these jackasses thinking?

Th3 Apache Dog
08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
I only played the first one for like ten minutes when my friend came over one time, but that list is awful... They made a game where you get to play with a guitar, then force you to do the entire career with a controller? And force you to play with the wrong hand for an entire career? Win 500 online matches? What the hell were these jackasses thinking?did you not see my post?I believe "standard controller" means the guitar that comes with the game. Although some of them scare me...750k on a song??!?!!?

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 10:35 PM
did you not see my post?I believe "standard controller" means the guitar that comes with the game.

Yeah, you believe that... but you're wrong. The guitar isn't a standard controller, it's an X-Plorer. A standard controller is what you use for every other game.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, you believe that... but you're wrong. The guitar isn't a standard controller, it's an X-Plorer. A standard controller is what you use for every other game.Well, let's just hope your wrong, i truly don't want to play hard and expert songs too many times with failures after each attempt:(

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, let's just hope your wrong, i truly don't want to play easy too many times:(

I'm not wrong, I don't know how you're not getting this.

Webb
08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, let's just hope your wrong, i truly don't want to play easy too many times:(

I think it means an actual controller, not a guitar, cause I mean, otherwise why would we have...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/393/UP55o30=.jpgAlways Hard
15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete Career on the Hard difficulty

And...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/393/UPzBUwc=.jpgBuy a Guitar Already
15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgPlay through a career on the Hard or Expert difficulty using a standard controller

Seems like the same to me... Unless they have changed career mode now.... :eek:

EDIT: Also, look at the achievement name man :biglaugh

Th3 Apache Dog
08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm not wrong, I don't know how you're not getting this.lol...let me have my dreams:pmy friend is lucky however, he can play with the controller. He's very good at it too.
EDIT:Thanks Webb...you crushed my hopes and dreams:(:p
EDIT2:I still like this set of achievements better than GH2 though. Their are just some i'm going to kill myself trying to get:p

Gun-Nut
08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
It will be with a standard controller, I'm disappointed with the winning online matches! I like the idea of the co-op ones with 5* in each difficulty and doing the whole campaign co-op.

Pyroman31
08-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Dammit not one of those 'Beat a developer' ones. And the standard controller achievements are gunna be VERY hard. The online ones should not be hard at all since everyone will be playing. Those are my only cons though.

Gun-Nut
08-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Star Mania I'm not happy about! Activate Star Power in Through the Fire and Flames 3 times! WTF O_o Already an achievement for that song .

Th3 Apache Dog
08-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Star Mania I'm not happy about! Activate Star Power in Through the Fire and Flames 3 times! WTF O_o Already an achievement for that song .:confused:that's going to be easy..in order to pass it, your going to have to set off a ton of star power, so that is pretty simple IMO

JonnyC VT
08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
These achievements are a little whack, but it's nice to see them...Thanks Routine!

Thank God my lady is good with the controller, that's all she'll use. She can actually beat me on most expert songs with that damn controller, but I can beat her in anything with lots of strumming since it's harder to push the buttons that fast. Anyway I look at it, she can help me with these since she beat expert with the controller...

Love,
~Pimp

Aksh0le
08-21-2007, 11:33 PM
seems like an odd list, I like it except the normal controller cheevs, but they can all be done. "Beat a developer" will probably be like thpj8 where if anyone gets the cheev from the dev, you can get it from anybody by playing a match with that person and so on.

Sil3nt360
08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
It looks really hard to me.

Gun-Nut
08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
:confused:that's going to be easy..in order to pass it, your going to have to set off a ton of star power, so that is pretty simple IMO

I can't even get star power in Jordan on GHII :P so unless I improve before GHIII I doubt I will get the Dragonforce two.

thecrazyguy
08-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I gotta say i'm pretty dissapointed with those achievements. They really dont seem all that well thought out or fun. Granted I like guitar hero so much it's not just about the achievements, but still would have been nicer if they would have at least been good.

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 12:06 AM
I gotta say i'm pretty dissapointed with those achievements. They really dont seem all that well thought out or fun. Granted I like guitar hero so much it's not just about the achievements, but still would have been nicer if they would have at least been good.

We can only hope this is not the final list ;) they've still got awhile before the game comes out... from what I recall the Halo 3 list was put up early but its not official, its begin re-vamped, I'm sure I read this some where but I could be wrong .

skatersurf
08-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah I only dislike the normal controller achievements...but anyways I call Apach3 for co-op! :p

Th3 Apache Dog
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah I only dislike the normal controller achievements...but anyways I call Apach3 for co-op! :pwhy me:pLunacy is much better than me anyway:pi won't need lunacy's help though, i got my friends on XBL that as good as me or better:)and sorry lunacy but you have beaten my scores too many times:p

Spot2009
08-22-2007, 12:57 AM
What the hell is wrong with these achievements? Beating Through the Fire and Flames is 15 points, lol.

And 500 wins? I said this before, if this game had a lot of online vs. achievements, I may not buy this game. 15 consecutive wins?? Play with the controller. Omfg.

Fonkey Monkey
08-22-2007, 01:03 AM
well at least the points are spread out well. thats the only positive thing i have to say.

Pyroman31
08-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Alright, I thought about it and it shouldn't be hard. The 'Beat a Developer' one is probably EXACTLY like THP8 since the SAME people made it (Neversoft). I got that achievement on my first xbl game. Those controller ones are still bothering me though.

Link2430
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Man the hardest one to me looks like the very first one!

Gold Star 20 Songs on Expert??? Wow, I can hardly FC any on hard....looks really tough.

What do you guys think?

I N64 I StarFox
08-22-2007, 01:56 AM
I am slightly disappointed.
They added a lot of stupid achievements.
Like the controller achievements.
Its Guitar Hero not Controller Hero.
And the beat a creater achievement.
I always hated those kind of achievements.

DFILL450
08-22-2007, 02:01 AM
These achievements look really hard. But at the same time i kind of like them. I don't know why lol. It just gives you more to do and gives you more replay value. I still can't wait to play this game though. Hopefully it'll be good.
Anyway, how come the forum link doesnt work?

Ghost x360a
08-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Im not really to happy about these achievements, and its because alot of them are extremely hard to get and dont offer many points. Like with the achievement for gold staring 20 expert songs, its only worth 30 GS! Also, the one for beating a developer looks impossible because with all the people that will be playing you have a very small chance of actually coming across a developer, and if you do you probably wont even beat them. And who is going to play this game that much to get 500 ranked wins?

Six to Eight
08-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty disapointed at these achievments. But... i'm still gunna 1000/1000 the bitch. I really just hope rock band is better with their achievments... Seems like neversoft just took GH2's stripped some down and added their own flair, and I am kinda scared of beat a developer... those guys don't miss a note.

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty disapointed at these achievments. But... i'm still gunna 1000/1000 the bitch. I really just hope rock band is better with their achievments... Seems like neversoft just took GH2's stripped some down and added their own flair, and I am kinda scared of beat a developer... those guys don't miss a note.

Hehe, Maybe the developers will be nice and just lose for the hell of it ;)

TheNeXt6
08-22-2007, 02:31 AM
I really could care less about the achievements, cause ever since they announced Cult of Personality by Living Colour was on there I was sold.

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 02:36 AM
I really could care less about the achievements, cause ever since they announced Cult of Personality by Living Colour was on there I was sold.

Lol, I'm just sold since its a new GH game with a whole new set list of songs and online! :) finally get to play with mates!

codedigital
08-22-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm with most of you...I'm pretty irritated with this list. Makes me think I honestly will only be buying Rock Band like I keep telling myself.

Krueger
08-22-2007, 03:10 AM
the beat a career lefty i going to be hard i cant do it for my life

Th3 Apache Dog
08-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Im not really to happy about these achievements, and its because alot of them are extremely hard to get and dont offer many points. Like with the achievement for gold staring 20 expert songs, its only worth 30 GS! And who is going to play this game that much to get 500 ranked wins?i think when you get 5 stars on a song the color is gold...hopefully...and i sure as hell would play enough to get 500 wins;):drunk

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 03:38 AM

lol yeah that will take me awhile! only just managed on GHII on easy! .

darquesyde
08-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Ugly Achievements. I'm in the controller haters club as well. Granted it would be cool for just one song, but a whole career? Might as well have a joystick achievement to go along with it. And a creator achievement instead of a virus? Virus would seem so much more appropriate...given the rocker lifestyle.

And I seriously hope they don't pit us online with a "Trueskill" score, at least give us a chance in a lobby to challenge people and don't randomize us in hopes that it will fair.

I'm sure to get the game, but I won't be working for all the achievements.

deej brutal
08-22-2007, 04:46 AM
i dont have a problem with the achievements except the control ones. now im sure i will not get 1000/1000, or even 850/1000 :(

glasstiger50
08-22-2007, 04:47 AM
does anyone else think that through the fire and flames is not going to be THAT difficult. i mean its going to be hard but im sure its not gonna be that hard. Kick the Bucket Award was worth 30 points and The Inhuman Achievement (beat through the fire and flames on expert) is worth only 15. just a thought...

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 04:49 AM
does anyone else think that through the fire and flames is not going to be THAT difficult. i mean its going to be hard but im sure its not gonna be that hard. Kick the Bucket Award was worth 30 points and The Inhuman Achievement (beat through the fire and flames on expert) is worth only 15. just a thought...

You not seen the video!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

glasstiger50
08-22-2007, 04:56 AM
You not seen the video!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

i saw it. many times. it looks like its just repeating a lot of the same stuff. i think jordan is much more difficult. im just saying though.... 15 pts compared to the 30 for beating jordan.

Gun-Nut
08-22-2007, 05:01 AM
i saw it. many times. it looks like its just repeating a lot of the same stuff. i think jordan is much more difficult. im just saying though.... 15 pts compared to the 30 for beating jordan.

More achievements in GHIII so points need to be spread out more.

Nigel Creech
08-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Hey just thought that it would be nice to point out the the "Now That's Impressive" achievment has the 1mill sign on it but the description says 750k. LOL. :^)

Defcizion
08-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Could these achievements be any worse? Good job on getting the list up quickly by the way.

|oneyedNewb|
08-22-2007, 05:23 AM
the achievements are bollocks, Too many 5 pointers And i could go on and on... just something isn't right about these achievements?
edit: sorry if this post didn't make sense,just tired it's 6 something in the morning in the UK and i haven't slept since 1pm yesterday.

monlienNH3
08-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I agree that these achievements are disappointing. Too many co-op/online achievements for my taste... and the controller achievements... what's the point in that - especially on hard/expert.

How bout for The Orange Box achievement list:
Win 10 ranked matches using the Xplorer controller

And for Burnout Paradise:
Beat the game using the Rock Band drumset

Oh well. I'll still buy it, love it, and play it nonstop along with RockBand.

Pyroman31
08-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey guys I think the Inhuman Achievement is also a gamer picture when you finally receive it...Just like the ...Seriously (GoW) achievement. It has a different background than the rest of the achievements. That'd be really cool.

|oneyedNewb|
08-22-2007, 06:19 AM
I Doubt many will get it though, jordan is hard enough :p

Birky
08-22-2007, 07:13 AM
I dont know how many of you guys noticed this but I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it. In GHII the achievement "The Long Road Ahead" is to fail a song on easy, the easiest achevment in the game IMO. But in GHII the achievement "The Long Road Ahead" is to Complete all difficulties in Career, buy everything from the shop and complete 100 online matches. Lol, a bit more work this time. Ovall I like the achievements better even though the non-guitar ones will suck. I am very happy about ONLINE though, now we can do co-op and battles with all our virtual friends! WARNING TO J LO... I'm going to whip your ass in online battles. O boy i'm excited for this game!

Crimsonthrone
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
This List is so much better than GH2:p:p:p

but the standard controller ones are annoying

J Lo
08-22-2007, 10:24 AM
EDIT2:I still like this set of achievements better than GH2 though. Their are just some i'm going to kill myself trying to get:p

I agree.

Yeah I only dislike the normal controller achievements...but anyways I call Apach3 for co-op! :p

No, Apache's doing co-op with me! Back off! :p

It's not that hard, especially when you're a lefty like me. :p

i think when you get 5 stars on a song the color is gold...hopefully...and i sure as hell would play enough to get 500 wins;):drunk

Doesn't gold star usually mean to 100% a song? If so, that is going to be a very hard achievement.

Okay, enough quoting.

I don't see what all you guys are bitching about. I agree with Apache by saying these achievements, although harder, is a very well constructed achievement list. Sure, some of them might be hard/annoying/time consuming, but that's what keeps you playing the game. Seriously, what's so bad about these achievements? Most are quite easy. Also, how can you be mad with co-op and online achievements? I am very happy with this list.

skatersurf
08-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Just so everone knows I discovered at my friends house that if you lay on a bed on your back with your head hanging off the foot backwards you can play lefty and it looks normal...

J Lo
08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Just so everone knows I discovered at my friends house that if you lay on a bed on your back with your head hanging off the foot backwards you can play lefty and it looks normal...

This achievement isn't that hard! Just do it on Easy mode! C'mon people.

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
I hate these achievements, give me Rockband... but if those are crap aswell... Ill go buy GHII...

Zee
08-22-2007, 12:36 PM

Or you could just use a mirror......
Anyway It looks like a fun bunch of achievements besides a few bad apples.

Vampire x360a
08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
id liked to say i am definatley disapointed there gona be so much boosting online for those win achievements, and wtf play witha normal controller thats just gay (no offence to gays) but the reason im gona buy GH3 if for the guitar, the achievemenst were better 4 GH2

Maka
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I prsonally think these are the worst achievements Ive seen in a while. Im not gonna lie, Im not the greatest at this game, but At my current skill level, I think I could put 100 hours into the game and come out with 90 points? The achievements are ridiculous, what were they thinking? wtf? At least they dont have "Buy 2 songs for $6 real money!"

WTF!!?

cool4joe
08-22-2007, 03:03 PM
i have to say i am liking these achievements it makes people practice to beat expert not beat easy and come out with the same amount of points and also makes me glad that i practiced with the controller for GH2 cant wait for this game to come out and try for the 1000 just hope rock band will be challenging as well

JJBDude
08-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't get it, are you all complaining because the achievements are time consuming or what? I look at these achievements and I see same as what GH II had to offer but there are more added for a bonus. They have added some interesting ones in like using whammy bar everytime and stuff, I like that and put together with the general completion ones witch GH II had the list is great! I won't deny that they have probably gone overboard with the standard controller ones, but otherwise I think the list is excellent. I'll be spending 100's of hours getting these. :D

patches4711
08-22-2007, 03:36 PM
These achievements are going to be hard I am not very good at GHII but I have spent alot of time playing it. I am really looking forward to the co-op career. But the whole career with a controller is terrible. I do not think very many people will be able to get 1000 pts in this very challenging

Daggermn
08-22-2007, 04:18 PM
This looks like one of the most challenging list of achievements so far on a game. I know for some of you guitar hero gods out there this will be a walk in the park, but for the average gamer, we won't be able to get even half of them. I thought that guitar hero II was hard. I'm not even close to completing that one and I dont think that there are ny more achievements on that game I will be able to get, I am not skilled enough even to do hard. As for the achievements though, I am not mad at them. I welcome the challenge and the fun trying to get them. I think they are very original too. I wish that the achievements were worth more. I see a lot of them at 10pts, 20pts or lower. This will make getting a good gs for this game very hard. I am still going to buy it as I'm sure it will still kick ass. I will just have to let my gamer score ratio drop a little bit. Oh well.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont know how many of you guys noticed this but I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it. In GHII the achievement "The Long Road Ahead" is to fail a song on easy, the easiest achevment in the game IMO. But in GHII the achievement "The Long Road Ahead" is to Complete all difficulties in Career, buy everything from the shop and complete 100 online matches. Lol, a bit more work this time. I'm gonna kick some ass on that achievement...easy 100 points in the BAG:woop:

Glyndinn
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I guess these achievements aren't too bad, although there are definitely a few that I think are just stupid (play with a controller).

I accept that I will probably never 1000 a GH game, so the fact that there are really hard achievements doesn't bother me too much. I am looking forward to some of the quirky achievements though, like whammy all held notes and the left flip achievement.

I hope the online play is smooth, or people are in for a world of hurt for those achievements. :)

TacticalChaos15
08-22-2007, 05:40 PM
WOW, these have got to be some of the crazzzzziest achievements ever. Did anyone else notice how just about every achievement is relatively low in points ( it because they have 59 achievements). This is going to consume most of my time this winter (along with Halo3 and assassins creed). This is going to be cool, playing as the guns n roses dude will be cool ( axel or slash?) and online is going to be the best thing ever ( if they get it right). Not to mention the achievements are actually intresting and challenging( for the most part, unlike GHII). Wow, cant wait , the wireless guitar is freaking sweet ( even though real guitars have the amp cord anyway).

PS how much do you think they will milk us for the guitar faceplates?

Th3 Apache Dog
08-22-2007, 07:06 PM
PS how much do you think they will milk us for the guitar faceplates?I think it will be 20 bucks like the 360 faceplate...

Dr Buttcrack
08-22-2007, 11:45 PM
I think this is the best achievement list I've ever seen for a game. It's gonna be really really hard and take a really really long time to get all of them...which is exactly what I want. Hats off to Neversoft for sure

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing what those secret achievements are as well...

HOT GOOSE
08-22-2007, 11:50 PM
I like the achievements a lot better then GH II. Altho, i dislike any game that has winning streaks of more then 5 online so i will prolly just boost for them cuz i would rather enjoy my online games instead of trying to make sure i win 15 in a row

Brighton X
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I think it's OK. There have been better lists. I think the secrets will have to do with the Boss Battles. The only achievement I don't like is the normal controller one. That's just not how GH should be played.

Who128
08-23-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm going to try my hardest to get these.....challenges are good and this list is a challenge. I know for a fact i won't get the 1K in it, thats for sure.

Goodboy33
08-23-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm with most of you...I'm pretty irritated with this list. Makes me think I honestly will only be buying Rock Band like I keep telling myself.

I'm with you there. As much of a Guitar Hero enthusiast as I am, I'm probably just gonna save a hundred bucks and put it towards Rock Band.

RavenBlackthorn
08-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok first off, I suck at Guitar Hero, I admit that, so don't flame me, but some of these achievements are ridiculously hard. I keep reading the list like "There's no way they are serious about this... They gotta be joking about some of these..."

robertfee
08-23-2007, 02:26 PM
The great thing about the achievements in GH2 is that you played the game, the fantastic game that everyone loved, and along the way you picked up the achievements. this retarded list of crap is just gimmicky. i know we've established the controller ones are stupid, but stuff like get '200k without star power on cult of personality' imo, is just achievements for the sake of achievements. gh2 had a great list (i don't have anywhere near all of them, but i enjoy working towards them)
but who am i kidding, i've already paid off my preorder, so i'll be playing the piss out of it, so i should just shut up and take it :mad:

Th3 Apache Dog
08-24-2007, 01:47 AM
I would have posted a thread about this but the last thing I need is The Pants Party coming into my thread and locking it:p

Anyway i just want to know which achievement you think you will have the most fun getting?

I will definately have fun getting the long road ahead achievement. I just won't have fun beating the game on easy:p

Gun-Nut
08-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I would have posted a thread about this but the last thing I need is The Pants Party coming into my thread and locking it:p

Anyway i just want to know which achievement you think you will have the most fun getting?

I will definately have fun getting the long road ahead achievement. I just won't have fun beating the game on easy:p

Well lets hope beating it on Expert unlocks all the rest :P like Gears does ;) finish Insane you get Casual & Hardcore... Doubt this will happen though.

thieflordgamer
08-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Ha, I'm so lazy, I still need to get around to beating Easy, Medium, and Hard on GH2. The only one I've beaten is Expert career, all the other modes are just too boring once you're good at the game.

Honkymagoo
08-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Some look hard but I still think I'll be able to get around 800 points if not more. I have 760 in GH2 and I could definitely break 850 if I put some more time into it. As for people saying oh some of these look time consuming. Well... I don't know about you guys but I expect to put lots and lots of hours into GH3 regardless of the achievements. It's going to be a very fun game just like GH2.

CRAZY CJ 20
08-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I really think that they're trying to get back at us for that glitch that alot of ppl used to get 5 stars on expert, beating jordan, etc. how can they even have 59 achievements? the rules microsoft made are that a game can only have 50 achievements and 1000G unless bonus content is available, which can boost the achievements to 60 and gamerscore to 1250G... Guitar Hero 3 just broke that concept and now im sure this will encourage games to have more than 50... imagine a game with 100 achievements for 1000G..... =(

JJBDude
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Juiced was the first game to produce a achievement list of 60 with 1000 score, Guitar Hero III did it next. I'm not too sure on the ruling but I believe what has happened is allowed, I'm not complaining that we are given 9 more achievements for free. :D

Webb
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Juiced was the first game to produce a achievement list of 60 with 1000 score, Guitar Hero III did it next. I'm not too sure on the ruling but I believe what has happened is allowed, I'm not complaining that we are given 9 more achievements for free. :D

Yeah, it was a new Microsoft ruling. It's supposed to allow developers to have more freedom when they create their list.

Dr Buttcrack
08-24-2007, 06:21 PM
The great thing about the achievements in GH2 is that you played the game, the fantastic game that everyone loved, and along the way you picked up the achievements. this retarded list of crap is just gimmicky. i know we've established the controller ones are stupid, but stuff like get '200k without star power on cult of personality' imo, is just achievements for the sake of achievements. gh2 had a great list (i don't have anywhere near all of them, but i enjoy working towards them)
but who am i kidding, i've already paid off my preorder, so i'll be playing the piss out of it, so i should just shut up and take it :mad:

Achievements are supposed to be hard, and a good achievement list doesn't just give em to you as you play through a game. You should have to go out of your way to get the majority of the tough ones.

As for me, I'm going to start on Easy playing Lefty, and then use the controller for Medium. Then I'll use my guitar for Hard, Expert, and all co-op difficulties. This'll be the best way to knock all of them out without having to play through multiple times on the same difficulty.

I'd guess that most of the people complaining about these achievements don't really enjoy playing Guitar Hero, they're just getting it for easy achievements, like they probably did with GH2. If you're actually a huge fan and can't stop playing Guitar Hero, then this list is a blessing.

thieflordgamer
08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I agree w/ Buttcrack, the list is great for anyone who actually likes the game. The standard completion ones will be challenging, and the whammy on every note in NotB, etc. will add a little spice and give the game a little more replay value.

Reminds me of the Dead Rising achievements.

HeadShot2020
08-25-2007, 01:59 AM
im mad about the meet ur maker achievement. how is everyone gonna get into a ranked match with them? i think this achievement is bs and i agree with the first poster im not thrilled. However, some seen decent. I guess the new jordan is gonnaa be throguh the fire and flames

Th3 Apache Dog
08-25-2007, 02:36 AM
If you're actually a huge fan and can't stop playing Guitar Hero, then this list is a blessing.I agree with this all the way:drunkI also love the hit 250k notes total achievement, that one is gonna take a long time, butit's gonnabe fun:Bounce:

Dr Buttcrack
08-25-2007, 04:28 AM
im mad about the meet ur maker achievement. how is everyone gonna get into a ranked match with them? i think this achievement is bs and i agree with the first poster im not thrilled. However, some seen decent. I guess the new jordan is gonnaa be throguh the fire and flames

I'm pretty sure it'll be just like the ach in THPS8: beat a dev or someone who has. So it''ll be really easy to get after a few weeks.

Fire Mage
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
I agree with this all the way:drunkI also love the hit 250k notes total achievement, that one is gonna take a long time, butit's gonnabe fun:Bounce:

Yeah I love the list. I just hate the two standard controller ones.

Also, I wonder what the secrets will be?

Th3 Apache Dog
08-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah I love the list. I just hate the two standard controller ones.

Also, I wonder what the secrets will be?I think the 0 point achievement is fail a song on easy:p

Millertime2325
08-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Damn, I thought the GH2 achievements were on the hard side.. holy crap..

This is kinda ridiculous..

JJBDude
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with this all the way:drunkI also love the hit 250k notes total achievement, that one is gonna take a long time, butit's gonnabe fun:Bounce:

Yeah this achievement will come out of the blue for everyone, even if every song is over 1000 notes long and you hit every note your talking playing 250 songs. Will take me a couple of months I reckon to get that.

Dr Buttcrack
08-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Yeah this achievement will come out of the blue for everyone, even if every song is over 1000 notes long and you hit every note your talking playing 250 songs. Will take me a couple of months I reckon to get that.

Shit...I'll have that one within a week :p

IDR SeMiNoLe
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
For the "Beat the game on Hard or Expert using a standard controller" achievement, I'm playing it through on Hard getting like 3 stars lol....like somebody said before, it's called Guitar Hero...playing with a controller doesn't make you one (well neither does playing a guitar simulator, but using the controller is ridiculous)..

At least there is online play, so the co-op achievements will be easier to get. None of my friends are as good as me, so the co-op achievements on GH2 were impossible, which isn't fair....

Dragonforce will be awesome...I'm pretty sure I can get the 3 star power activations achievement...and hopefully i can get thru it on expert...at least there's no "5 star it on expert" b/c that would ruin many people's chances of getting 1000 GS...I'm such a guitar freak, and it would make me sad if i couldn't get the 1000 GS...

Playing through career with lefty flip is ridiculous also...why would you force a righty to play with the wrong hand for that long? The one song thing on GH2 wasn't bad, but it was still a dumb achievement (all you had to do was play a ridiculously easy song). I don't think turning that one song thing into a whole career makes it any better....Just let me play through the game with a guitar controller right-handed, with online play for co-op partners and I'll be set!...

I just remembered about the secrets too...hopefully it isn't the nightmare of Through The Fire And Flames 5 star =[

EDIT: long ass post

Fire Mage
09-02-2007, 02:02 AM
For the "Beat the game on Hard or Expert using a standard controller" achievement, I'm playing it through on Hard getting like 3 stars lol Man, I can't even play one song on Hard with the controller. I've tried in GH2 and it's just so unnatural. I even tried Psychobilly Freakout on Medium with it and it destroyed me. Good thing something like Psychobilly isn't in GH3...at least I hope not.

Also, the 3 secrets:

The 0 probably has to be the "Fail a Song on Easy" one, except they got smart and didn't give it points this time.

As for the other two I don't know. Originally I thought the 3 secrets were to beat the bosses because there's 3 battles, but then I realized there was a 0 point one.

Hey just thought that it would be nice to point out the the "Now That's Impressive" achievment has the 1mill sign on it but the description says 750k. LOL. :^)
Also yeah what's with the description being 750k and the picture is 1mil?

Bodangles
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
ha just recently started playing ghII, but on the ps2, lol, probably because i cant handle it yet, but i dont think any game should have more than 50 achievements. i agree that achievements should make you go out of your way but some of these are just unnecessary, like the controller and lefty flip. plus, again, we have another sequel with pretty much a mock achievement list from its predecessor. boooo.

Link2430
09-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Someone got the gold star 20 songs on expert....wow...do you guys still think it is get 100% on them like in GH2? They also got 5 stars on all the expert songs....dang.

That person must be awesome...

XxLUC41xX
09-04-2007, 01:56 AM
there are so cool and mostly easy so

asianxcore
09-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Not a fan of most of the achievements in GH3.

Call me crazy but I liked the 'natural progression' achievements in GH2. The ones that rewarded you for beating difficulty levels, 5-stars, getting streaks and so on.

Most of these new achievements seem ass backwards. I'm surprised Neversoft isn't asking us to play blindfolded with our feet for 7 achievement points.

donkeydood15
09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Looking forward to GH3 so much!

The achievements look really hard but I betcha i'll get half of em :D

Whistler
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I think they suck, many that takes faaar to long for very few points. And many is just to damn hard. Sure some should be hard so you have to be reeeal good to get 1000 but this list :confused: Most are just aimed for the GH pros.

Im still stuggeling with GH2 and if I buy this it sure wont be to get achievement points :p Counted and I think I could get about 160 points, I have 420 on GH2 (Don't have a good co-op player)

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
these are going to be so hard to get i dont think i am going to buy it

Fire Mage
10-16-2007, 10:34 PM
these are going to be so hard to get i dont think i am going to buy it
Are you kidding me?

No matter how much I love achievements, you need to buy GH3 no matter what. It doesn't matter for the achievements really. It's a great game in its own.

ClutchPapi34
10-19-2007, 05:47 AM
My sister will probably get the beat the game with a controller achievements. She beat guitar hero 2 on hard with controller and had about 10 songs left on expert. Lucky me :)

Frantic Killer4
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
My sister will probably get the beat the game with a controller achievements. She beat guitar hero 2 on hard with controller and had about 10 songs left on expert. Lucky me :)

wow i hate you lol, you just made me angry lol:mad:

viper565
10-24-2007, 03:23 AM
So, anyone have a clue on the secret acheivements?

Birky
10-24-2007, 03:35 AM
So, anyone have a clue on the secret acheivements?

In a few days we will know :)

My guess is something to do with online, more specifically battle mode. Also perhaps free DLC content for achievements.

tonyeck
10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok, I got two secret achievements last night.

"Fail a song 10 times" (Thank you raining blood on expert)

and

"Almost had it" - Failing a song from 98%-99%

Hope this helps! Both worth 5 by the way

quinnmct33
10-24-2007, 07:29 PM
LOL i am soo good with the controller so I am loving these achievements!! 100k+ on "The Metal" with controller 5 minutes ago in the demo...hard career & 15 wins in a row with this baby & im on my way to some achievements ;)

|oneyedNewb|
10-24-2007, 09:39 PM
i keep thinking to myself, should i buy it or shouldn't i. guitar hero 2 left a big scar on my recent played games and some of the achievements on this game seem ridiculous but i loved the demo, so im in two state of minds at the moment about getting this one.

theforcemonkey
10-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Worst. Achievements. Ever.

Seriously, I'd almost rather not have them. I would honestly be happier being able to buy a version without the achievements than have to put up with crap like that on my gamertag. If Rockband is as awesome as I hope it is, I may not even glance at GH4.

tonyeck
10-25-2007, 05:23 AM
The other secret achievement is - " Tail between your legs"

Decline a boss battle

:ass

drno
10-25-2007, 06:09 AM
Hmm, not loving the achievement details. A lot of random requests like playing left and righty as well as playing with the controller. Also a lot of hard looking one. 5 star all songs on co-op as well as in career on expert? Seems near impossible to me.

mattrixhax360
10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
hey tonyeck - niiiiiice one with the secret achievements!!!

i'm definately going to try and get those tonight then, gotta practice up on expert so i know i'm gonna fail something along the way 10 times, haha!

thanks for the heads up!

Right now i'm working on co-op with the gf (i'm playing on lefty, she's playing righty) just finished that last night, and going to run through it again to finish up 5 stars on righty to see if you can get the Hendrix Reborn achievement on co-op.

Let me know if you have any luck with any other achievements!

deej brutal
10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
hmm now that the setlist is confirmed and everything... i wonder which songs are ideal for the high score achievements? i really hope its not only ttfaf :(

Fire Mage
10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
hmm now that the setlist is confirmed and everything... i wonder which songs are ideal for the high score achievements? i really hope its not only ttfaf :(
I made an achievement guide but it's fallen to the bottom of the forums.

I will revive it once the game is released and start putting in info of ideal songs, etc. And hopefully it'll then be stickied.

Maka
10-26-2007, 12:21 AM
LOL i am soo good with the controller so I am loving these achievements!! 100k+ on "The Metal" with controller 5 minutes ago in the demo...hard career & 15 wins in a row with this baby & im on my way to some achievements ;)

The got 140,000 with a Guitar...
Im not sure, but I cant do anything with the controller, but Im decent with the guitar itself.

Death Buster 9
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm probably not going to get the controller achievement, lol. It's kind of hard for me to completely judge all the achievements without playing all the songs.

EDIT - Off topic but Holy Crap!!!! Maka you are ridiculous at Halo!! The medal's you have are intense!

braddelo
10-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey if anyone needs someone good for the co-op or some axe battling I am down for it. I prefer to start on expert so if anybody is game my gamertag is BradDelo. I would really appreciate it cause I don't live near OR with anyone that can handle expert. And I don't know anybody on my friends list that is any good haha. Just send a friend request if you wanna jam.

Edit-Oh I guess you can't do co-op online? Meh. We'll see.

yuyanami
10-28-2007, 03:31 AM
i already got the 2 standard controllers achievements (15 online wins and Hard career playthrough)..let me tell you, knights of cydonia, raining blood and One are really really hard with a standard controller!

Grausherra
10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
For those going for Hendrix Reborn: it looks like you have to beat the same difficulty twice, one for lefty and one for righty. I just beat easy using only the lefty flip and didn't get anything. Going back through on default now. God dammit. :(

killthemall4444
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm not exactly thrilled with the achievements for GHIII. Really not a whole lot of points dished out for the single player and well a good majority just look very difficult to obtain. And honestly why the hell are there achievements for playing with a 360 controller? That is just lame. That said this game still rules and hopefully in time I'll at least be able to get half of the points. I really doubt I'll be able to get much more then that.

yuyanami
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
For those going for Hendrix Reborn: it looks like you have to beat the same difficulty twice, one for lefty and one for righty. I just beat easy using only the lefty flip and didn't get anything. Going back through on default now. God dammit. :(

i just got Hendrix Reborn, so i can clarify some things: first you DO NOT have to beat the SAME difficulty twice. i beat hard with default flip and then easy with lefty flip and got the achievement straight away.

Grausherra
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
... which must mean I forgot to do a song on lefty I guess.

Dammit, how am I gonna tell which one? >_>

Question: Did you sit through the credits on easy, or did you quit out of them? I quit as I didn't want to sit through TtFAF again, so I'm wondering if I blew it there.

bplayak
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I've been surfing some tags but haven't seen anyone with it, anyone have the meet your maker acheivement yet?

AW YEA GAMEBOY
10-28-2007, 11:16 PM
stupid controller achievements..

benbam87
10-29-2007, 04:50 AM
The First controller one is going to be fun but the whole career one on hard wont be. Beat one of the developers is just plain stupid. But i think the others are quite good although i don't think ill 100% ever lol

KRAZY KILLLER
10-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna kick some ass on that achievement...easy 100 points in the BAG:woop:

haha dude me to :) By the way I saw your videos dude there pretty cool :) I wish I had a capture card...

crazydudex117
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
For the Whammy mania achievement:

I'm guessing it doesn't have to be done on a specific difficulty, eh? I'm going to try it on easy, see what happens.

Nogstafari
10-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Meet Your Maker Achievement can only be achieved this weekend during the GHIII weekend extravaganza. It's been advertised online and on the Xbox Live Dashboard.

So if you want that achievement, we have a specific 2-3 days to try for it for now. Lame.

crazydudex117
10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Apparently, the beat hard or expert career with a controller achievement is glitched/broken. A person on scorehero.com says he beat hard/expert with a guitar and then restarted his 360, with his Les Paul turned off, turned on his regular controller, went into his career and it unlocked. Can anyone confirm this and try it out? I've only beaten medium.

LINK:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33476

Checked his Gamercard, he has it. Try it out.

ReCkLeSs_X
10-29-2007, 08:08 PM
For the Hendrix achievement, I beat easy mode regularly, so to get it, I would have to play through each song lefty or start a whole new career?

Fr33701ays
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
ok i didnt see this achievement in the list so i guess this is my first submit of an unknown or secret achievement

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/F9/DW/0oCLiGJhbC9ECBsBGl5TVkY3L2FjaC8wLzIwAAAAAOfn5-350As=.jpg Blowin' It
Fail any song 10 times. 5GS

EDIT: Nvm i just noticed it after submitting lol

KingGotenW
10-30-2007, 03:02 AM
how many of the co-op achievments can be gottn by playing co-op online?

example: Earn a 200 note streak in a Co-op match

it doesnt say career... but im not sure on the whole co-op concept yet cuz i dont get the game for another 2-3 days...

killerharu45
10-30-2007, 05:52 AM
how many of the co-op achievments can be gottn by playing co-op online?

example: Earn a 200 note streak in a Co-op match

it doesnt say career... but im not sure on the whole co-op concept yet cuz i dont get the game for another 2-3 days...

Probably all of the ones that don't have to do with the campaign.

Ex: Beat co op career, beat is as lead, beat it as backup

So im sure you can do the streaks and score ones online

medo145
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
i just played with a guy online and we got like 520K. he got the achievement for getting 500K and i didn't. what gives?

do u have to be lead in order to get it?

ZoSomma
10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey all. First post here. Been lurking for a couple months. Love the site.

Medo...I was playing co-op last night with my gf and I noticed the same thing. I got the achievements (on 1p) and she didn't. She was 2p and using the controller. Don't know if either of those things would effect it. But she wasn't too happy and I don't blame her. That's bs if we have to go through each co-op career mode twice to each get the achievements.

Codypotamus
10-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey, Im new to this site too. I love it. Its a great help. I found out that if you use the Cheat code that (unlocks everything) or something like that it only unlocks all the bonus tracks, but I didnt buy any of the bonus tracks before and after I entered the cheat it gave me the achievement for buying all the songs. So I guess you can get a free achievement that way and still save some money.:)

Grausherra
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I've heard there's a glitch to get achievements like beat TtFaF and beat Expert and so forth. Anybody have any insight to it? Apparently it was also in GHII and ISN'T the practice mode glitch.

I have an epic inner conflict going on, as I want the achievements and the guitars but in no way have any possible chance of unlocking them. :\

glasstiger50
10-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Earn them legitimately. Then you'll actually feel a sense of pride when you unlock the achievements. Once you glitch, you can't go back. Anyways, for Enlightened Guitarist, is that really what I think it is? FC 20 songs in Expert? That's fucking ridiculous. Unless the songs are a lot easier to FC than Guitar Hero II's.

crazydudex117
10-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey, Im new to this site too. I love it. Its a great help. I found out that if you use the Cheat code that (unlocks everything) or something like that it only unlocks all the bonus tracks, but I didnt buy any of the bonus tracks before and after I entered the cheat it gave me the achievement for buying all the songs. So I guess you can get a free achievement that way and still save some money.:)

Aah, Fooey.

There's another broken achievement.

Grausherra
10-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Earn them legitimately. Then you'll actually feel a sense of pride when you unlock the achievements. Once you glitch, you can't go back.

Heh. I'm somewhat of a shell of a person. I don't get any sense of pride in unlocking something legitimately or not. I just want the unlock.

Mike255
10-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Ok, so i played TTFAF for the first time on single player and i failed at 1%.... :( I guess im gonna be in practice mode alot. lol

Codypotamus
10-31-2007, 03:09 AM
There has to be an easier way to beat TTFAF on Expert and all these expert achievements:confused:

Mazvai
10-31-2007, 03:13 AM
I beat Easy career on Lefty flip all songs & even 5 starred them. Then beat Hard career on default righty but didn't get the Hendrix Reborn achievement.:mad: What's up with some of these achievements? Pissing off many people already.

Anyone, any help pls. Thanks.

killerharu45
10-31-2007, 05:13 AM
For the get 200k on Cult of Personality, is it on any difficulty. Cuz I can 170K on Expert and 190K on hard with missing 6 or 7 notes in the 2nd solo. so i want to know which i should work on.

Mazvai
10-31-2007, 07:11 AM
For the get 200k on Cult of Personality, is it on any difficulty. Cuz I can 170K on Expert and 190K on hard with missing 6 or 7 notes in the 2nd solo. so i want to know which i should work on.
Hard works fine.

DrizztDourden43
10-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I think they could have done alot better with these achievements. You can't have a job in order to get good enough to get half of these achievements! I understand that it is possible for someone to beat TTFAF on expert, but not many can, so why make 2 achievements for it? The song makes me cry! I agree with everyone else as well...What is the point of making achievements for the normal controller, other than taking away points you could have used for good achievements?

Tucker100
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
you will be very surprised at how easy using the standard control actually is, i downloaded the demo and mastered hard using the control within 30 mins (except rock like a hurricane around 90% failed). It is not as hard as you may think. I did it and i am fairly decent on expert (beat ghII on expert) so you pros should have no problems

Frantic Killer4
11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
what kind of stats do i have to get to get the "who needs the power?"

BTroxell
11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
does anyone have any tips for beating the mash solo for raining blood on hard, i almost get it everytime but im still not doing well at it. If anyone could help me that would be awesome.

J Lo
11-02-2007, 12:19 AM
I have a couple questions about this achievement:

1. If you play some of the songs on Righty Flip and some of the songs on Lefty Flip, but you still play all of the songs on either Lefty Flip or Righty Flip, can you still get the achievement?

2. When going for this achievement, do you have to do lefty and righty on the same difficulty?

3. Do you need to 5 star all of the songs?

When playing Easy, I did the Guitar Battle vs. Lou, Number of the Beast, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot on Lefty Flip. Then, my mom did the rest of the Easy Career on Righty Flip, including the three songs I did on Lefty Flip. Once she beat the entire career, I didn't get the achievement. Before we finished Easy Career, I finished Hard Career on Lefty Flip. Does this achievement need to be in the same difficulty, or since I played those three songs on Lefty Flip it is impossible for me to get the achievement? Also, do the songs need to be 5 starred because my mom still needs to 5 star Raining Blood on Easy and I still have a few songs to 5 star on Hard.

Thanks in advance,

~J Lo

Random Guy5930
11-02-2007, 07:47 AM
i beat hard on lefty and easy on default settings and got jack squat for it.

B1indSide
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I really think that they're trying to get back at us for that glitch that alot of ppl used to get 5 stars on expert, beating jordan, etc. how can they even have 59 achievements? the rules microsoft made are that a game can only have 50 achievements and 1000G unless bonus content is available, which can boost the achievements to 60 and gamerscore to 1250G... Guitar Hero 3 just broke that concept and now im sure this will encourage games to have more than 50... imagine a game with 100 achievements for 1000G..... =(

You do know that "Half Life 2: The Orange Box" has 99 achievements for 1000G, right?

J Lo
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
You do know that "Half Life 2: The Orange Box" has 99 achievements for 1000G, right?

I think we've accomplished that by now. Now let's get back on topic, shall we? Hendrix Reborn problem: anyone have a solution yet?

~J Lo

BTroxell
11-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I have a couple questions about this achievement:

1. If you play some of the songs on Righty Flip and some of the songs on Lefty Flip, but you still play all of the songs on either Lefty Flip or Righty Flip, can you still get the achievement?

2. When going for this achievement, do you have to do lefty and righty on the same difficulty?

3. Do you need to 5 star all of the songs?

When playing Easy, I did the Guitar Battle vs. Lou, Number of the Beast, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot on Lefty Flip. Then, my mom did the rest of the Easy Career on Righty Flip, including the three songs I did on Lefty Flip. Once she beat the entire career, I didn't get the achievement. Before we finished Easy Career, I finished Hard Career on Lefty Flip. Does this achievement need to be in the same difficulty, or since I played those three songs on Lefty Flip it is impossible for me to get the achievement? Also, do the songs need to be 5 starred because my mom still needs to 5 star Raining Blood on Easy and I still have a few songs to 5 star on Hard.

Thanks in advance,

~J Lo

dude this is a pretty easy achievement, and i have a technique for playing that completely eliminates all the ridiculousness from it. Like, I beat the game on easy to get it out of the way so i would never have to play on easy again, then i started a new band so i could do easy again, cause other wise you wont get the achievement if your doing the lefty flip on a previously done career so start a new band and the career will be reset for easy and just play through, you dont have to get five stars, you dont have to do every song, and you dont have to play through the credits, almost right after you beat lou it will give it to you.

antnie
11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
I have been trying the whole time that i have had this game to get the 250,000 points on a song achievement. I have done the soical destruction song and got 245,000 with 100% on medium, The metallica song got the same but not 100% on medium and Dragon force on easy and got the same. It seems like the game is tryng to give 245,000 on every song that it is possible. any one know how to get it.

Pyroman31
11-03-2007, 04:00 AM
I have been trying the whole time that i have had this game to get the 250,000 points on a song achievement. I have done the soical destruction song and got 245,000 with 100% on medium, The metallica song got the same but not 100% on medium and Dragon force on easy and got the same. It seems like the game is tryng to give 245,000 on every song that it is possible. any one know how to get it.

Yea...try a higher difficulty...Rofl.

Doing lefty on easy right now...:mad:

Link2430
11-03-2007, 04:49 AM

If you can do 170K on Hard you got it.

There is a part at the end where it stops, and you think the song is over, but then it keeps going. You are actually allowed to use Star Power at that point. I did it on hard and used star power then and got the achievement right away.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Goodboy33
11-03-2007, 06:29 AM
If you can do 170K on Hard you got it.

There is a part at the end where it stops, and you think the song is over, but then it keeps going. You are actually allowed to use Star Power at that point. I did it on hard and used star power then and got the achievement right away.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Yea worked for me too

Birky
11-03-2007, 06:32 AM
FCing it on hard worked for me. 100% notes 207,000 points. Easy ass achievement.

punker
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Distortion. Social Distortion.

There's a few songs one medium you can get 250,000+ on... Story of My Life, Cherub Rock, Stricken, Knights of Cydonia and One.

Hell, according to Score Hero, the top score for One on medium is over 366,000... so you wouldn't even need to be perfect for that one.

Turbo
11-03-2007, 07:50 PM
If you do this with a friend and play all the songs as lead guitar will your friend unlock the bass one aswell? and you only have to play the set list? or all of the bonus as well

I'm wondering because "That's What Friends Are For" only unlocked for the primary account.

bhaines23
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Anyone buy all of the guitars from the shop and not get the achievement? I just did and no achievement. Also, I bought all the songs, got the achievement, and when I went to play them, they were gone, and my money was back. Weird.

Turbo
11-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Anyone buy all of the guitars from the shop and not get the achievement? I just did and no achievement. Also, I bought all the songs, got the achievement, and when I went to play them, they were gone, and my money was back. Weird.

Same thing here. I guess there are more gutiars you have to unlock. And the money thing mabye you turned your xbox off before it saved your progress.

D4rk Ac3s
11-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Anyone have a piece of cake song I can get Platium Streaker on?

I've been doing TtFaF on Easy. Too long, I screw up 600-900 notes in :(

Defcizion
11-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Well, I'm gonna try to do some Fire and Flames on easy and maybe throw down some attempts at Cult of Personality 200k w/o star power and try that trick.

EDIT - Thanks Link2430. That trick worked for me too, and I got the achievement.

KingGotenW
11-04-2007, 04:35 AM
i will NEVER get 59/59 on gh3 becuz some of them are just TOO hard and some of them are glitched and its not possible to get them...

Link2430
11-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Anyone have a piece of cake song I can get Platium Streaker on?

I've been doing TtFaF on Easy. Too long, I screw up 600-900 notes in :(

By Platium Streaker I assume you mean Streak Master (Earn a 1000 note streak in Career or Quick Play). That being said...

TtFaF on easy is the easiest one to get this achievement on....it took me a couple of tries (934 and 980 streaks :mad:) but I eventually got it. Another one you can try is One on medium, but the solo is pretty fast picking.

I would recommend practicing from the solo on in One if you are going to try that out. Good luck.

D4rk Ac3s
11-04-2007, 04:51 AM
By Platium Streaker I assume you mean Streak Master (Earn a 1000 note streak in Career or Quick Play). That being said...

TtFaF on easy is the easiest one to get this achievement on....it took me a couple of tries (934 and 980 streaks :mad:) but I eventually got it. Another one you can try is One on medium, but the solo is pretty fast picking.

I would recommend practicing from the solo on in One if you are going to try that out. Good luck.

Yep, sorry a little tired I did mean Streak Master

Anyways I tried One. I'm not gonna bother with that solo, so I'll just keep trying TtFaF, just got a 900 something streak then had an irresistable itch on my nose

Damn you nose tissues lmao. Thanks for the tip :woop:

ocelot 212
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
why are there 3 achievements unlockable only on TTFATF on expert? scorehero has the high scores posted and the 750k is only doable on this ridic song on expert...way to go neversoft (note the sacarsm)

FireflyRodric
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, I just got the 'Meet your Maker' in an online co-op game. The guy I was playing with had it, and when the song was finished it unlocked for me. I guess this doesn't have to be done in battle or face off.

RevenantSeraph
11-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Nope. "Meet Your Maker" is viral - if you play with someone who's got it, and beat them in even one song of a set, you get it too. Convenient. Not quite sure how you could get it through Co-op, though...

This might have been addressed earlier, but my brother and I are playing through Co-op for the Guitar/Bass achievements, and while we're nowhere near finishing those yet, no matter what we do, how we change things around, he's the only one getting achievements when we play.

However, when he plays with his son, they both get them.

Anyone have a solution to this? We've tried:

-Fresh Career
-Both of us in both player slots (1p and 2p)
-Differing difficulties and same
-Activating my accounts Gold subscription (on the off chance that had something to do with it)

Getting a little irritated with trying to figure out what the deal is - I figured I'd ask where there's good chances of someone knowing. (Well, ScoreHero might know too...but they're snobs over there. Srsly.)

Mr Hey
11-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Any tips for where/what parts of Raining Blood to use SP and which parts I should work on? I can get 169 K so far, but need like 6,000 more. Hopefully I can do it once I try with my Les Paul, been trying with GH 2 controller so far, and am much better with Les Paul. Tips for Raining Blood PL0X!!! Oh and I found Hyperspeed 1 to be really helpful for this song.

Fire Mage
11-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Any tips for where/what parts of Raining Blood to use SP and which parts I should work on? I can get 169 K so far, but need like 6,000 more. Hopefully I can do it once I try with my Les Paul, been trying with GH 2 controller so far, and am much better with Les Paul. Tips for Raining Blood PL0X!!! Oh and I found Hyperspeed 1 to be really helpful for this song.
Hmm, what difficulty?

But anyway, I'd say use it the first time you get it. Then get what SP you can until the semi-repetitive chords in the middle of the song.

After that I don't think you can get enough, unless you hit all the paths and use it at the ending crazy solo.

Mr Hey
11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
On Hard.
I've been saving it up until the part right after Mosh 1, and then I use it all. I havent been able to hit the first two (and then the one after the mosh with the chords) so far, but I think using it during those chords is the best part since I can 100% that little section and am not too good at the intro (I can get through the Mosh without Star Power easily BTW)

Illution
11-09-2007, 02:37 AM
So for the leaders of the pack achievement do I just have to host now and I should get it? my friend got it last night and we tried but nothing worked...

311chaos
11-09-2007, 05:06 AM

I did the same thing. I ended up getting 100% on Story of my Life (medium) 8 or 9 times before I finally got 254k. It is all about when you use your star power and wammy any note you can. One time I literally got 249,976 points. I was so mad.

Mr Hey
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I swear Im going to kill myself if I dont 5 star Raining Fucking Blood tonight. Ive tried so many times and have come so close; the bridge is too brutal and I can never get a good, long 8x multiplier going. Oh my God I just wan to 5 star this aahhhh! Ive spent twice as long with this song as I have with the entire career 5 starring everything else on hard! The cutoff is unfair!

brentkid
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
If anyone is looking for the 500k achievement and just downloaded the Foo Fighters song pack, try The Pretender or This is a Call. I got 511k on The Pretender after a few runs learning it.

Good stuff.

ReCkLeSs_X
11-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Anybody have any tips for One (hard) Solo A?

I just can't get past it and it's so late in the song (79%).

Mr Hey
11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Full star power should be a lot longer than the solo, just activate right before it starts or at the beginning of it and just play randomly.

ReCkLeSs_X
11-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. The only hard part is keeping my star power since I tend to jerk the controller and accidentally release it quite a lot.

punker
11-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try. The only hard part is keeping my star power since I tend to jerk the controller and accidentally release it quite a lot.

No shame in that. I hear that happens to a lot of guys.

ReCkLeSs_X
11-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the tip, I finally got past that part... now for the other solos. Haha, damn.

And now I'm stuck on solo B. :(

Sasuke-Xiin
11-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Just a friendly little warning i discovered pertaining cheat codes.

If you are using certain ones, achievements will still unlock.

for example. if you use the unlock everything cheat, even just to see what things look like (knowing you may never be able to finish even hard difficulty) you will get the achievements for buying things from the shop. which will then look wierd if you haven't even finished medium yet.

Just a little warning. (mostly cause something like this could make it look like you gamesave or something when you dont.)

KiLL CraZy
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
hey, I was wondering if I start winning online with a standard controller, and get my 15 wins in a row for the button masher achievement, does it also unlock the search and destroy achievement which is to win 15 matches in a row also? or do I have to replay the 15 on the guitar in order to get that?

EDIT

yeaup, just finished my 15 wins with a controller and it have me both achievemnts =)

now off to hosting and winning another 15 lol

ReCkLeSs_X
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I think I've basically given up on the Lou Battle in hard. It's based on luck. I just can't get past any part that he activates double notes, expert, or lefty flip.

Ho5tiLe D
11-22-2007, 09:40 AM
all you can do is keep at it, it is luck, he usually gets the next difficulty power up on hard, just keep at it, it took me about 6 tries to beat him. perseverance is the key and dont get too frustrated

matty cheetham
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
These achievements really surprised me on how hard they actually were.
---

Tr0gd0r69
11-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Just a question.

If me and a buddy want to play ONLINE co-op, do we still get achievements? I'm kind of confused about all this talk about not getting achievements or something about only one person getting them when they unlock.

Can anyone clear this up for me? We want to play through Easy to Expert and pretty much get all of the achievements we can. For example: Dynamic Duo, Medium Duo, Leader of the Pack and other achievements like that.

Thanks.

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I think I've basically given up on the Lou Battle in hard. It's based on luck. I just can't get past any part that he activates double notes, expert, or lefty flip.

trust me dude, it took me fucking 5 hours to get it right. i ended up turning it off and sleeping some. when i awoke again, i tried it, and it was so easy. i just got the first power up and used it when the really fast part of his comes and boom, i beat'em. i figured i'd fail the part that says 'now finish him', but i didn't. just keep tryin' though, i guess.

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-24-2007, 07:25 PM
i do have a question, though, when you attempt to get the 'who needs the power' achievement, does it matter if it's on co op or what? because i got 200k last night on co op and it gave me the shaft.

Ho5tiLe D
11-24-2007, 10:09 PM
i do have a question, though, when you attempt to get the 'who needs the power' achievement, does it matter if it's on co op or what? because i got 200k last night on co op and it gave me the shaft.

you need to do it in solo. no coop. my question is i played thru hard coop career and played as lead guitarist the whole time. and the Guitar wizard achievement didnt unlock. Do you have to complete all 4 coop careers as the lead guitarist? or did i miss one....

update!. i have to play the 14 extra songs. haha

K1NG NATHAN
11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
What song do you have to play for beat the creator achievement? i'm new to this discussion thing so sorry about asking something that has probally been asked

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
they'res no certain song you must use. you can get the achievement on any song.

ChumbaWumba91
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
What are the drawbacks of using the 'Unlock Everthing' Cheat. i wanted to know before i used it.

Also do you unlock achievements from using it? i hope not because thats just stupid.

n1n3t33nd3lta
11-25-2007, 11:15 PM
well, i've heard it messes up your achievements and such. i've not tried it because i actually wanna try to get them the old fashioned way. impossible, it seems, but all a man can do is try.

Kik Rox
11-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Do they have to be consecutive "with the controller" or can I use the guitar in between?

For example could you win two with the controller, get bored because it's a stupid achievement, use the guitar for a while and then do a couple later? As long as you never lose with the standard controller?

Just trying to find out before I waste a lot of time.

Ho5tiLe D
11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
What are the drawbacks of using the 'Unlock Everthing' Cheat. i wanted to know before i used it.

Also do you unlock achievements from using it? i hope not because thats just stupid.

if you use the unlock all cheat and go into the store all the store related achievements will unlock. also if you use the unlock all cheat and fail TTFAF or maybe fail just any song the Enlightened Guitarist will unlock as well.
for many people this is either a blessing or a curse. simply many people on this site want to get their achievements legit, yet others just want the points.
im kinda in the middle. when enlightened guitarist unlocked as well as all the store achievements i just kinda said whatever. then kept on playing the game.

Ho5tiLe D
11-27-2007, 02:43 AM
What song do you have to play for beat the creator achievement? i'm new to this discussion thing so sorry about asking something that has probally been asked

for beat the creator you need to beat someone who already has the achievement.

in the guitar hero 3 forum you can find a list of all who already have this achievement and you can contact them and say you would like to get it from them.....but if you play and beat alot of people online you will probably get it within a few songs as quite a few people have that achievement now.

and welcome to the site!

and i apologize for the double post......

ocelot 212
11-29-2007, 04:43 AM
so i've tried getting the whammy mania achiev several times now and hitting 100% notes with the whammy bar held down on easy and nothing....anyone have any thoughts?

Ho5tiLe D
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
so i've tried getting the whammy mania achiev several times now and hitting 100% notes with the whammy bar held down on easy and nothing....anyone have any thoughts?

play it in career on easy with the bar held down. and get 100%...

btw i just got the streak master achievement. 1000 note streak in solo. im a pansy boy, i gold starred TtFaF on easy with hyperspeed 5 on. but i did do it my first try. if your desperatly trying for this achievement, i recommend this way to do it.

ocelot 212
11-29-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks...i'll try that

zombie stomp52
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
quick question.. if u use star power at the very end of Cult of Personality, and its still active when the song ends, and u get 200k, will u get the achievement i kno it says u will under guide for the game, but i was just curious... BTW 197k W/o Star power =D

J Lo
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
After the pause in the song at the very end, I used my starpower and got 205k and got the achievement, so the answer is yes, you can use the starpower at the very end of the song.

Now onto my question:

I have a question about the Long Road Ahead Award. Just recently, I beat Expert (my last career.) That's 1 out of 3 tasks complete. On GuitarHero.com, it says I've played over 200 matches. That would be 2 out of 3 tasks complete. Finally, I used a cheat code so it would give me everything from the store, which would be the third task. Unfortunately, I didn't get the achievement.

My questions are:

1. Does it have to be 100 ranked matches played or can it just be 100 games played online?
2. Do you have to win the games?
3. Do you have to actually buy everything from the store or can you actually use the cheat code to get the achievement?

*NOTE* When I entered the cheat code, I got the 5 achievements for buying all characters, songs, outfits, guitars, and everything from the store.

Thanks in advance,

~J Lo

Birky
12-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Some quick advice to everyone... Millionaire Pair is doable on The Pretend by the Foo Fighters on X/X. Me and my frined got 978,000 and we didn't FC it and used star power stupidly. Next time he is over we are going to make a video and show you guys that it is possible! And we will get an achievement.

|oneyedNewb|
12-01-2007, 05:44 PM
hey all, the long road achievement i have to play 100 online games does this include player match's or does it need to be in ranked.

J Lo
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
hey all, the long road achievement i have to play 100 online games does this include player match's or does it need to be in ranked.

That's one of the three quesitons I asked 2 posts above and no one answered yet. Can someone please answer my 3 questions?

~J Lo

|oneyedNewb|
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
i see, sorry i didn't read the few post above before posting.

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
12-01-2007, 10:23 PM

To answer you and J Lo's question I'm nearly 100% positive it does have to e ranked but you do no have to win. And yes using the codes still lets you get it because i used them as well. It might also help to add that you do not have to win 100 matches just complete them because i got the achievement on a match that i lost :woop:

|oneyedNewb|
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
another question, i got 500k last night with a mate of mine (on xbox live)
and didn't get an achievement could anyone tell me why?

jorGe62990
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
quick question about co-op career mode...when it says "play entire career mode as lead guitarist" does that mean i have to play regular guitar (and not bass) or just that i have to playing as player #1

skatersurf
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
lead guitar, and it includes the unlock songs (not bonus) you get when you beat the actual career

J Lo
12-02-2007, 11:57 PM
quick question about co-op career mode...when it says "play entire career mode as lead guitarist" does that mean i have to play regular guitar (and not bass) or just that i have to playing as player #1

Yes, it means you have to play every song in the co-op career as the Guitar or Lead and not the Bass or Rhythm.

JohnnyP10
12-03-2007, 02:26 AM
maybe someone can help me... I've beat TTFAF two times on expert using more than 3 star powers, but haven't gotten the award for it.... do I have have to deploy exactly 3 star powers or is my xbox screwed up?

J Lo
12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
maybe someone can help me... I've beat TTFAF two times on expert using more than 3 star powers, but haven't gotten the award for it.... do I have have to deploy exactly 3 star powers or is my xbox screwed up?

Are you doing it in Quick Play? I think that achievement can only be done in Quick Play.

~J Lo

Moshambi
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
sorry if this has already been discussed, but i beat the game with lefty and righty but not get the achievement..any ideas?

deej brutal
12-07-2007, 06:10 PM
quick question. how is it possible for someone to have 5 starred all songs on expert and hard, but still not have the 250k score achievement? theres someone on my friend list that does, i dunno if its a glitch that we havent heard of yet but i dunno. pretty fishy

Frantic Killer4
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
quick question. how is it possible for someone to have 5 starred all songs on expert and hard, but still not have the 250k score achievement? theres someone on my friend list that does, i dunno if its a glitch that we havent heard of yet but i dunno. pretty fishy
Well the friend that you are talking about, probably got someone to second profile glitch it for him, only because he probably sucks at games and cannot beat it by himself. So what you are seeing is just a glitch.... Do not ask about or how to do the glitch! If you really want to know, go search it up;)

deej brutal
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
trust me i dont want to know if there is one or anything, i was just curious if anyone has seen the same thing.

Gorjira
12-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Can the co-op achievements be earned by playing online? Cos if not - That seriously sucks. Id like to earn them by playing with mates when I get this game.

Ho5tiLe D
12-11-2007, 07:04 AM
sorry if this has already been discussed, but i beat the game with lefty and righty but not get the achievement..any ideas?

go search the threads, there is one called "Hendrix Reborn confirmation"...

i just got Hard Duo tonight. aka 5 star all Hard coop songs. now my buddy and I have 2 left on expert....Number of the Beast and Raining Blood. I checked scorehero.com for 5 star cutoffs but they arent listed. We scored 606,000 on The Beast. Anyone here have it 5 starred that on expert with a score close to mine? any help is appreciated.

Ios Matthew
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
The weirdest thing happened, i faced my friend who had that face a dev, I won and i got the achievement so i guess that if you beat someone who has it youll get it too:)

Birky
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
The weirdest thing happened, i faced my friend who had that face a dev, I won and i got the achievement so i guess that if you beat someone who has it youll get it too:)

Your kidding right? Everyone knows that... Thats how viral achievements work.

CRAZY CJ 20
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I personally think they should once they release enoug DLC. Here are some of my ideas for achievements:

Beat "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" on Expert.
(the actual song, not the Lou battle)

Complete all bonus tracks.
(the list with TTFAF in it)

Complete Bonus Teir 9 on Easy.

Complete Bonus Teir 9 on Medium.

Complete Bonus Teir 9 on Hard.

Complete Bonus Teir 9 on Expert.
(if they release a bonus teir with a possible new boss battlle)

Ok those are some of my ideas, your input? Maybe some of you have some ideas for achievements?

J Lo
12-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm still clueless on why I did not get this achievement yet. I have beaten all 4 difficulties, on GuitarHero.com, it says I've played 280 matches, 173 of them being wins, and I used the cheat for buying everything from the store. Does anyone have any idea on why I do not have this achievement yet?

~J Lo

GoFFe
12-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm still clueless on why I did not get this achievement yet. I have beaten all 4 difficulties, on GuitarHero.com, it says I've played 280 matches, 173 of them being wins, and I used the cheat for buying everything from the store. Does anyone have any idea on why I do not have this achievement yet?

~J Lo Have you played Co-op online? That counts as a match and is also counted as a win if you get the most points. Like I've played 103 matches. 4 of them being co-op. I'll see if I get it with my 100th online match.

Birky
12-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Have you played Co-op online? That counts as a match and is also counted as a win if you get the most points. Like I've played 103 matches. 4 of them being co-op. I'll see if I get it with my 100th online match.

Is this correct? Me and J Lo have played many gaming online together and co-op makes up the majority of my online games... Do I have to have 100 wins in battle/face off/pro-face off for this achievement?

I am not quite sure what you are saying but I will try to clarify with an example.

Player X has completed all career difficulties and bought everything. He has played 50 co-op matches online and has had the higher score in 25 of them. He has also won 20 battle mode games and lost 5. Also he has won 25 pro-face off games. Total he has played 100 games online, will he get the achievement, or will he need to play 50 more Vs. type games?

GoFFe
12-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh sorry if my post was a bit fuzzy :P

You just need to play 50 more games (pro face off, face off and battle), you don't have to win them. The Co-op matches won't count towards the achievement. I'm pretty sure that is the case. I'll elucidate that tomorrow. If I don't get it on my 100th match(the Co-op I've played not included) tomorrow it's definitely glitched.

EDIT: BTW, my english isn't really flawless. Probably because English is my second language. So thanks for NOT flaming me. If you can't understand what the heck I'm talking about, just ask. I hope this isn't a huge problem. I've been talking english for ages now, but sometimes it's not that great. Well, I'm at least trying. ;)

Shambla
12-22-2007, 02:14 AM
I come baring bad news :rolleyes:...

The wife and I were working on an Easy Co-op career, 5*'ing everything down the line. We got to three songs left and she was dying of boredom (how could you not?) and we were just going to come back to them. Flash forward and I'm checking out the Rocker Review feature on guitarhero.com. I notice I have some scores for the Expert Co-op songs which I've only done online (the misses isn't at that level....yet...a rigorous routine of raw eggs in the morning and Raining Blood should remedy that). But then a light bulb goes off. If those Expert Co-op scores are counting, then I can test if I can get the 5* all Easy co-ops by getting them online. Unfortunately, after 5*'ing the three songs I didn't get the achievement :mad:. But I can confirm you can get the backup achievement online. It just sucks you have these four achievements only possible through same-box Co-op.

Birky
12-23-2007, 03:08 AM
so I just finished my easy career with lefty flip on. I got the beat easy achievement and that was it. I only did 3/4 songs in each tear and missed 5 stars on 2 or 3 songs. I have also completed the game on righty on hard and medium. Why did I not get the achievement? Can somebody please tell me what they did to help with glitchy Hendrix?

Xterm1n8or
12-23-2007, 03:15 AM
so I just finished my easy career with lefty flip on. I got the beat easy achievement and that was it. I only did 3/4 songs in each tear and missed 5 stars on 2 or 3 songs. I have also completed the game on righty on hard and medium. Why did I not get the achievement? Can somebody please tell me what they did to help with glitchy Hendrix?

Unfortunately you have to complete the same difficulty both righty and lefty for the achievement. So go beat easy right handed and you should get it, well thats what i did anyway ;).

Birky
12-23-2007, 03:17 AM
Unfortunately you have to complete the same difficulty both righty and lefty for the achievement. So go beat easy right handed and you should get it, well thats what i did anyway ;).

:mad: I... hate... playing... on... EASY!!!!!! O well :( thanks for the help. Should I just go back through and do 3 songs in each tier on the same band that I already beat it on, or start a new band?

Xterm1n8or
12-23-2007, 03:20 AM
:mad: I... hate... playing... on... EASY!!!!!! O well :( thanks for the help. Should I just go back through and do 3 songs in each tier on the same band that I already beat it on, or start a new band?

Yes I started a new band to do it on lefty, to make sure i got the story cutscenes so that it definitely counted. So yes start a new band and do it righty.

The only thing is i did mine righty first, then started a new band to do lefty, you are doing it the other way around, but it should still work if you get what i'm trying to say, im confusing myself its like 3.30 am :p.

Oh and yes only doing 3 songs per tier definitely works.

Birky
12-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Yes I started a new band to do it on lefty, to make sure i got the story cutscenes so that it definitely counted. So yes start a new band and do it righty.

The only thing is i did mine righty first, then started a new band to do lefty, you are doing it the other way around, but it should still work if you get what i'm trying to say, im confusing myself its like 3.30 am :p.

Oh and yes only doing 3 songs per tier definitely works.

Thanks for the help. I guess I will go start up a new band... yay...

Ruthless
12-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Im new to these games and i think the achievements are rediculous ive only got 10 gamerscore. The game is far to hard even on easy and i just play it for fun.

Activision should take a leaf out of PGR 4 developers book and make the easier achievements with more gamerscore and harder ones with a lower gamerscore that way everyone one has fun and gets some points. That was the best achievement list ever exept obviously Avatar...

Sinful
12-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Weirdest thing happened last night.

I was playing co-op (medium) with this guy, he picked Even Flow, I chose Cliffs of Dover, and he picked One as the last one.
We played Even Flow all right, I missed some notes here and there... But at the newspaper screen it said 100% notes hit o_o
So the guy got the "100% a co-op song" and the "500 streak on a co-op song" achievements all together.
Then we played Cliffs of Dover, and at some parts his Star Power would last WAY too much, while my screen would be normal (the multiplier case kept blinking from 4x to 8x or 3x to 6x and etc).
We went to play One, finished it... Then I went to check his profile I saw he had earned the "500k on a co-op song" achievement, but I hadn't O_o
I asked him about it, and he said we'd gotten 500k on One.

Now what the hell is wrong?

Wangtastico
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
ok guys im new here and i hate the hendrix reborn achievement. i beat it on easy entirely lefty and it didnt give it to me. do i have to go back on easy and beat it again righty? :confused:

jorGe62990
12-28-2007, 08:16 PM
quick question...for the long road ahead achievement, do i have to win 100 matches or just play 100 matches?? Can the be regular or must they be ranked? Can I just go play battles and instantly fail myself to make it quicker?? thanks

T10HJS
12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Wammy Mania?
Hello all, im new here was just looking throught the guides and it suggests to try tapeing down the wammy bar so you wammy every note, i tried this and i didnt get the achievement? do you have to hold the notes all they way to the end to get the achievement? as i may of cut one a bit short by accident.

brizzo9
12-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Wammy Mania?
Hello all, im new here was just looking throught the guides and it suggests to try tapeing down the wammy bar so you wammy every note, i tried this and i didnt get the achievement? do you have to hold the notes all they way to the end to get the achievement? as i may of cut one a bit short by accident.

I personally don't know but you can try what I did.

Select the song on easy, and push the whammy bar all the way down with your palm, hold it there, and play the song normally. Make sure you hit all the held notes, and ta-da!

Gorjira
12-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Just tape it down. I dont know, you must have missed one. On easy there are little long notes...If you missed them you wont get it.

vitaspero
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Has anyone else not been able to unlock the achievement? I've beaten One 3 times, each over 600,000 and i still can't get it. I've done lead and rhythm but nothing. Any suggestions?

Garfunkle
12-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Just tape it down. I dont know, you must have missed one. On easy there are little long notes...If you missed them you wont get it.
And you don't have to 100% the song, just make sure you hit the long notes.
Plus, I got annoyed with my Les Paul (GH3) guitar and switched to my X-Plorer (GH2) guitar and got it first try. Just an FYI.

AndyFreak457
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
lookie what i just did

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/DDRfreak457/Guitar%20hero/100_2784.jpg

deegan
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I am slightly disappointed.
They added a lot of stupid achievements.
Like the controller achievements.
Its Guitar Hero not Controller Hero.
And the beat a creater achievement.
I always hated those kind of achievements.

ya it sucks and if anyone can explain me the never gonna spend it all achievement do you have to save the money or can you spend it.

puckup
12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
yea i was pretty pissed when i saw i have to play with a controler i bought guitar hero to play with the guitar not a fricken controler

XxxOshKoshxxX
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
you can glitch the career with the controller achievement i glitched cause its a stupid achievement

playing gh3 with a controller is like tryin to use a yo-yo without a string....ruins the fun

jorGe62990
12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
ya it sucks and if anyone can explain me the never gonna spend it all achievement do you have to save the money or can you spend it.
you can spend it...you can also start another band because just one will not do the trick

deegan
12-31-2007, 10:43 PM
the achievements all suck!!!!!!!!!!

p4in redefined
01-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Complete career lefty and righty....so how do i get into it all there is in the menus is career, co-op career and quickplay i odnt know where to find this thing. help?