PDA

View Full Version : Online Battles

damastaf
01-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I am trying to win some matches but somehow that is very hard in this game. Can someone who is good at winning matches in this game share some tips?

There does not seem to be any logic to the fights. Certain attacks can not intercept others aka A beats X or Y beats X. It just seems that whoever hits first wins.

I keep getting beaten by people who block till they reach me then start unleashing combos and unblockables and it is very hard for me to get a hit in.

I am really clueless as to what I can do improve and start winning consistently.

Destro
01-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Well i win about as much as i loose online, but to be honest its all about the luck in this game most of the time. Character with no shield vs character with one can get "headspeared" at the start of the match and its so BS...

Then after that you have to worry about the stamina, thats why sometimes your character will not block even if you hold... A cheap strategy i founded was to just always block everything with character with shield, and when the player finish the combo then counter attack, when your low on stamina, just run in the map, this dosent low down the stamina...

I think its cheap, but the game is so BS anyway... i buyed it cause it was deal of the week, and the demo was not too bad, lot of blood splatter, decapitation, that was tempting, but its only fun offline, as the cpu will hardly ever "headspear" you...

damastaf
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok, so I have gotten slightly better at this game online.

With the pirate I have gotten to the 2nd round a few times.

The pistol is so useful and I have learned to parry (RT + X, Y or A) at the moment of attack which leaves your opponent defenseless for a brief moment.

The double spear from the Viking is the worst. I have gotten killed by it at point blank range just when I was about to strike someone. When someone wins 2 rounds with the spear it is so unfair.

damastaf
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Finally got the achievement today. Was with a boosters group but had a lot of difficulty finding people, so I played a lot of randoms and used the following strategy. I basically used someone like the pirate to inflict massive damage with my melee weapon, made sure I dodged their melee weapon. Then I avoided them for the rest of the match, preferably on a bigger map. Set it to 30 seconds and 1 round so they didn't have time to think of a counter-strategy. The best strategy against it is not to use melee weapons until I have used mine. Also getting out the longe range weapon and trying to corner me is the best strategy. This strategy does NOT work on Fight Lab, since it is too small.

Destro
01-10-2011, 05:12 AM
currently i use the spartan...

Round Start, i just block, when i see an opportunity i throw a spear, but keep the second one for when he he low on life, then when he finish his combo i just XXX, its the quickest way to do great damage. I am trying to get the tournament achievement legit using this. Its cheap, but legit as its in the game and i play against people that want to win.