PDA

View Full Version : Video Kinect. Choose who you can Video kinect with??

Damage
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi,
Got a number of friends on my friends list, who I play games with, but don't know in person or every want to meet (no offense, but would be strange).

Also go a few I know from my studies and a few family peeps. I would love to use video kinect to chat with family, but it offers me the ability to video call all my friends.

Anyway to go through each friend and change permissions for them? E.g. Game friends cannot video call me / be video called, Family can. Would help to stop kids calling strangers rather then family, if this feature exists (I don't have kids, but it would be a good idea).

RichXbox360
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
You can set Parental controls for every aspect of Kinect, from the content they share, who they video Kinect with etc.

It's all password protected as well, so you can set a strong password that the kids wouldn't be able to guess.

DoctorPolski
01-06-2011, 12:07 PM
You can set Parental controls for every aspect of Kinect, from the content they share, who they video Kinect with etc.

It's all password protected as well, so you can set a strong password that the kids wouldn't be able to guess.
I think Damage means he wants to set up this finer granularity for himself, not for kids (which he says he doesn't have).

Basically have 'access groups' so you can have family, real friends and such in a group who can use kinect video and similar personal contact things. And maybe a random "Gamer" group who can't use kinect video but can do game chat, matchmaking etc.

scifi riot
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Well doesn't the video chat have a request come through when someone wants to chat ? Just like the old school vid chat, just because someone sends an invite, it doesnt automatically turn on your camera and start the chat. Does the Kinect do the same thing or is there some sort of automatic functionality to it ? If chatting still shows as a request, just say no.