PDA

View Full Version : Old Xbox 360 games that are still fun to play?

CONKER1182
01-04-2011, 04:22 AM
What are some of the best old 360 games you have played? I`m talking about 360 games as old as PGR 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, and Condemned criminal Origins games that old.

McGoogles
01-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Rainbow Six Vegas
DiRT
Unreal Tournament 3
BioShock
Call of Duty 3 & 4

DOOKH8R
01-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
College Hoops 2K6

StrickenHAWK666
01-04-2011, 05:58 AM
I quite enjoy a game of Forza Motorsport 2 and Halo 3 every now and again.

pepsiman130
01-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Blitz the league

TuMaBlAcK
01-04-2011, 06:35 AM
I haven't played Blue Dragon fully yet on my profile but it's a pretty good RPG game, I also enjoyed Bioshock 1 and Ninety-Nine Nights is ok too.

JeremyVersion1
01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
GUN
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007
Ridge Racer 6
Call of Duty 2 & 3
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Fight Night Round 3
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Prey
Saints Row
Gears of War
Crackdown

Just a heads up, avoid Rainbow Six Vegas. It's a piece of shit, and anyone that says otherwise either hasn't played the game or enjoys shitty games. It's a FPS with no sprinting ability and no jumping ability, two things that are utterly important in an FPS game.

isp 1992
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
gears of war

call of duty 2

bully

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

gun

SN1P3RSTU113
01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Splinter Cell: Double Agent :)

hydrosugar
01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
well ones that i have: need for speed, kameo, pgr3 are all enjoyable

on the otherhand saints row is NOT

Tahllian
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Condemned
Kameo
PGR3
Tony Hawks

JeremyVersion1
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Splinter Cell: Double Agent :)

Horrible game.

well ones that i have: need for speed, kameo, pgr3 are all enjoyable

on the otherhand saints row is NOT

It is if you're into the whole sandbox GTA style.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Bully. Loved that game.

hydrosugar
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Horrible game.

It is if you're into the whole sandbox GTA style.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Bully. Loved that game.

i admit im not the biggest gta fan but i would definately beat it if i felt like it. i got my xbox a year ago so im used to 2010 games. yet when i played nfs mw, kameo and pgr3 i still felt at ease. but when i played saints row it's age was instantly recognisable and it was just horrible to drive, shoot and well...look at.

the only reason i have gta 4 is because my brother bought it and i let him play it when i'm out or doing soething else. so i bought saints row(for him mostly but a game for me just in case) and he outright refuses to play it. he was exited when i got it but got bored after like 10 min, so i started a new game and got bored(lasted longer than him though.) sandbox is more or less the only game type he plays and he just bought his third copy of san andreas on ps2 which he loves. but once again a massive sandbox fan preferring a ps2 game over a 360 one.

i even saw him buy a crappy spinoff sandbox('25 to life' or some crap like that) which i can only assume he likes better.

but that's just support of what i saw myself when i played

but to each his own

havent played bully but a good friend of mine adores it and he usually has good taste

master_shake_350
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Tetris Evolution, but only because I am a Tetris fan.

Tatanko
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Rainbow Six Vegas (either), Call of Duty 4...

jaco540
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Skate 1 . i could play it allday

05fermat
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I consider GTA4 to be old now, and still play it alot.

undeadjubbie
01-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Dead Rising...cant be beat
NFS most Wanted
Burnout Revenge
Vampire Rain

BobikSdox
01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
I agree about Kameo, I think it still looking and playing ok, especially in co-op. Oh, yes, and NFS MW too )

Wolfvane
01-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Chrome Hounds, Crash Bandicot Clash of The Titans, Dead or Alive 4.

BamseBaloo
01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Dude? The console is 5 years old... I dont think old is even a label. But if you really want a few then most of the ones you mentioned are good. The best I would have to say is Condemned, and of the launch... Kameo. I still play that one.

Boots Orion
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
What are some of the best old 360 games you have played? I`m talking about 360 games as old as PGR 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, and Condemned criminal Origins games that old.

I find that good racing games never get old. After owning it for almost 5 years, I'm finally wrapping up Burnout Revenge and it is still an awesome game. I've played both PGR's lately too and am still finding those quite enjoyable.

Another bonus to racing games i that they are kid-friendly. While I'd love to get back to some of my M-rated games, I don't think they'd be good to play with my 4-yr old son in the room with me.

Auburok
02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Chrome Hounds, Crash Bandicot Clash of The Titans, Dead or Alive 4.

I'd agree on Chromehounds if the server wasn't dead. I played it a lot in 2007 and never got to come back to it.

Aside from that: Dead Rising is still really fun.

RwHu
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
PGR 3
Crash Bandicot Clash of The Titans - Actually finishing up some achievements on here now.

Pretty good games.

Chipsonfire
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas
DiRT
Unreal Tournament 3
BioShock
Call of Duty 3 & 4
I just recently started my first playthrough of BioShock...

I also agree with the guy that said the system isn't even old yet. How can any of its games be old? :confused:

Auburok
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I just recently started my first playthrough of BioShock...

I also agree with the guy that said the system isn't even old yet. How can any of its games be old? :confused:

Older games definitely look different and are a little more chunky. Check out the slow texture loads on Mass Effect 1 and compare it to Mass Effect 2. Developers learn to better utilize a system with time and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Same thing with Dead Rising. Dead Rising claimed to have, what, 1000 zombies on screen at a time? Dead Rising 2 claims to have seven times as much? Same xbox. Better methods.

Bleeding Star
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Just a heads up, avoid Rainbow Six Vegas. It's a piece of shit, and anyone that says otherwise either hasn't played the game or enjoys shitty games. It's a FPS with no sprinting ability and no jumping ability, two things that are utterly important in an FPS game.

Its a tactical shooter.... jump and sprint are NOT IMPORTANT

Its about playing it slow - not running and gunning and jumping out the way of things

Rainbow Six is great

Eques De Valor
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Still play Oblivion, my first love, and I work out to Yourself Fitness (which is actually an Xbox game so even older). Don't have enough room for the new Kinect system in my house.

Chipsonfire
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Older games definitely look different and are a little more chunky. Check out the slow texture loads on Mass Effect 1 and compare it to Mass Effect 2. Developers learn to better utilize a system with time and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Same thing with Dead Rising. Dead Rising claimed to have, what, 1000 zombies on screen at a time? Dead Rising 2 claims to have seven times as much? Same xbox. Better methods.

You make a valid point, but I still don't consider them old. Any game made in the last 10 years is relatively new to me lol. Viva la SNES! :woop:

Auburok
02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
You make a valid point, but I still don't consider them old. Any game made in the last 10 years is relatively new to me lol. Viva la SNES! :woop:

Yeah, I suppose so. A large majority of SNES games had soul, though. I can't ever really find those "old". They are timeless. I think if a game is average or below, it ages naturally. That, too, could be contested as what's "good" changes for many people.

Damn, now we're getting in to video game philosophy.

Coldgears
02-08-2011, 03:00 AM
I don't think they'd be good to play with my 4-yr old son in the room with me.
I don't see why not, my dad played my first M rated game with me at 4. We used to play Diablo, that game was my early childhood, I played it from age 4 to age 6. I wasn't old enough to fully play the game, so most of the time I watched my dad, I watched him play it for hours, we would talk about the game together, we would think of strategies, that M rated game brought me closer to my father, when he beat the game it wasn't just him, I felt a part of it, it's still one of the most violent games I have ever played, and in fact, I beat it myself when I got older, at around age 10 I beat diablo 2, without my father I wouldn't have done that.

You should definitely do it, my younger brother was never brought up on an M rated game, mostly because my father changed his priorities and doesn't play video games anymore. Because of that he doesn't really play M rated game only a few casuals. From personal experience, if you want to raise a gamer age 4 is the perfect age.

Boots Orion
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't see why not, my dad played my first M rated game with me at 4. We used to play Diablo, that game was my early childhood, I played it from age 4 to age 6. I wasn't old enough to fully play the game, so most of the time I watched my dad, I watched him play it for hours, we would talk about the game together, we would think of strategies, that M rated game brought me closer to my father, when he beat the game it wasn't just him, I felt a part of it, it's still one of the most violent games I have ever played, and in fact, I beat it myself when I got older, at around age 10 I beat diablo 2, without my father I wouldn't have done that.

You should definitely do it, my younger brother was never brought up on an M rated game, mostly because my father changed his priorities and doesn't play video games anymore. Because of that he doesn't really play M rated game only a few casuals. From personal experience, if you want to raise a gamer age 4 is the perfect age.

Perhaps you're right about that. I've played some "scary" games around him and they don't seem to scare him. He'll be watching a movie on the CPU while I'm playing some nights when he won't sleep. Recently I was battling one of the bosses in Castlevania: LoS and he looked over when I finally beat one of them. He cheered: "You beat him Dad!" and gave me a high five. That was sweet!

But, by M-rated I was referring to games with ilicit stuff and a lot of swearing and "human" violence. The fantasy-themed violence I don't mind playing in front of him since it is obviously "imaginary".

Xathlak
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Gun really surprised me, was very entertaining.

Braiiins
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I think it is an older 360 game, but I think that orange box is great.

I have only had my 360 for a little over a year, so I haven't played a ton of games.

Thodoris
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Skate
PGR 3
DiRT
Gears of war

Robert90
02-09-2011, 11:41 AM
I just recently got to play Dead Rising which is a great game & next will hopefully be Oblivion which i hear to be a good game as well

wormz666
02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Condemned and R6: Vegas are really good.

Cav Clayton
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Condemned. That game has some of the best atmosphere I've seen in a game.

draven667
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I just started playing Forza 2 for the 1st time, don't know why I didn't play it when it was released, I mean it ain't Forza 3 but it's still better than a lot of racers I played, other than that I still find myself going back to Ghost Recon (1st one) on a regular basis. It'll never stop feeling like and being an awesome game.

mcgawda
02-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Gotta go with Crackdown, Bioshock, and good ole Halo 1 ... running around blasting stuff never gets old.

Motorexskygtr32
02-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Earth Defense Force 2017 is a must buy for you if you havent played it yet.

Need for Speed Most Wanted (one of the most fun racing games in the market)
Import Tuner Challenge
Test Drive Unlimited
Dead Rising 1
Just Cause
Crackdown

SubG3nius
02-10-2011, 10:48 AM
BioShock and COD4, they're awesome!

t0ff3
02-15-2011, 10:04 PM
but assassins creed is a really nice game.

amkage
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Bioshock
Condamned
Those game are always fun to play !

Solrac Aua
02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, TC: GR:AW

Spanish Assault
02-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Left 4 Dead
Halo Wars
Call Of Duty 4

Tussell
02-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Almost every single one of them. I don't really play new games. I'll still play Condemned: Criminal Origins, Bioshock, etc. It doesn't matter when the game was from, as long as it's fun.

branishere
02-18-2011, 12:35 AM
skate......................

Dewx Au
02-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Just bought this again today and had to force myself off it. Forgot how good this game is!