PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Rifle Ammo

ULND1
01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I am finished with the story line of the game and am trying to finish up all the challenges. I am on the Explosive Rifle Mastery Rank 2, kill each of the 4 undead types with the explosive rifle. Unfortunately I am out of ammo for it. HOW DO I GET MORE? I have looked all over this forum and many others and cant find an answer. Thanks!

McGoogles
01-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't think that any towns have Explosive Rifle Ammo rewards, so I recommend looting the corpses of zombies.

ULND1
01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
I've tried that for the last 2 days and can't find any.
Where the hell is the ammo?

McGoogles
01-06-2011, 12:36 AM
I've tried that for the last 2 days and can't find any.
Where the hell is the ammo?

Nevermind what I said, try saving Rathskeller Fork and you may be rewarded with Explosive Rifle ammunition; because you are rewarded with the weapon once you rescue the town.

ULND1
01-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks but I tried that too and didn't get any. I even went back and tried killing the humans there and looting them.
I tried redoing the graveyards also.

So unless someone can tell me where to get the explosive gun ammo I can't finish the challenges. Did everyone else just get the challenges done with the ammo they were given?

Tomcat31
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I completed the challenge with the ammo supplied and still have some left over. Try searching ammo chests and the "camp site" chests at random encounters.

I also found that this challenge was easy to do at El Presidio as all four types spawn there. Throw some undead bait and when they are all close to each other just one or two shots should do the trick .

GIMME UR CAR
01-07-2011, 01:42 AM
How about you just get the Explosive Rifle challenges in RDR Single Player rather than Undead Nightmare...much easier...

Chris 87 VTS
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Cant you make explosive ammo yourself?

ULND1
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Figured it out. After you capture the unicorn you get the last outfit. When you switch into that outfit you get a "holy relic" in your inventory. When you use it, it refills your ammo for all your weapons, including the explosive rifle. Then you can complete the challenges which are quite easy really.

the_b1ues
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I cant even get the challenges to activate in undead nightmare mode.