PDA

View Full Version : HOW bad is Mile High Club?

Superjoint Ritual
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
I have 1000'd Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty: Black OPs without much of a challenge. How do you think I would fare with this achievement everyone is going on about?

veece16
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
It's not too bad once you know where to throw your flashbangs and shoot. Play through Veteran a few times and you'll get the hang of it.

Coadster1
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Sure, it's no piece of cake, but it can be done. Patience is key for this achievement. Once you start trying, you won't want to stop trying until you unlock it... And when you do... it's one of the best feelings ever.

HMS Resolution
01-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Sure, it's no piece of cake, but it can be done. Patience is key for this achievement. Once you start trying, you won't want to stop trying until you unlock it... And when you do... it's one of the best feelings ever.

Yes it is. You are in a way a member of a special club(the Mile High Club, jackets are extra), I toast to any gamer that has unlocked this.

Norwiking
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
It'll leave bitemarks in your controller for sure, but as long as you have a great amount of patience, it won't be a problem. I used about 3-4 hours in one sitting, but as long as you keep a routine and discover the patterns that your enemies make, you'll only get closer and closer to the hostage situation for every go. I definitely recommend you doing this. This is a true achievement to be earned!
Good luck!

C SpRiNkLeS
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Ive had the game since release and put it down once I knew how hard this achievement was. Been really bored lately so decided to give it another shot.
The other night i was trying different techniques for about 3 hours solid! Grrrr!

Wake up this morning feeling fresh and crack it after 3 attempts - ooooooo the feeling!

Be patient and good luck!

XRedemptional
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I honestly got it in about 10 minutes of me trying, it was irritating though.Expert on

Deathly Shade
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Anybody can do MHC, it just takes a little dedication,

baker
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Patience and know where to place the flash bangs are the two main things.

A wee tip for anyone trying it...

Once you get to the VIP at the end run towards him when the timer counts down. It gives you such a bigger target ti aim for.

Good Luck.

Dan.Pro
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
know where to place the flash bangs

If your good at the game, that's the only you need to worry about, just do it on a easy difficulty to see where the ennemies are and how many they are actually. After that, go back on the hardest difficulty setting and just throw your flashbangs when there's a big bunch of ennemies and you know your maybe going to die if you don't throw that flash :P.

I got it on my first tries. So, It's not that hard.

Anyways, I wish you good luck with that!

ImaginaryRuins
01-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Watch walkthrough tutorials on YouTube. Those help A LOT. I followed how other players did and after around 10 to 20 attempts I got it.

Once feel frustrated it is a good idea to do something else for a while before coming back.

Cod Master
01-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Not very hard when you get use to it.

someguyhere
01-17-2011, 04:13 AM
You should finish itwithout much problem since you've beaten COD2 and BO on Veteran. It's just mostly memorization.

FetusPuncher91
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I have 1000'd Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty: Black OPs without much of a challenge. How do you think I would fare with this achievement everyone is going on about?

It's definitely a pain in the cock, but keep trying and you'll get it. If you get too frustrated, put it down for a couple of days and try again. I watched some walk throughs on youtube that were pretty helpful.

Pearson
01-19-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm still trying to get that achievement, it still alludes me to this day. I almost made it twice and each time I got shot in the back just before the cutscene was triggered. I might give it a go here some time soon, I need to 1000/1000 CoD 4!

i got squeezed
01-21-2011, 07:01 AM
It's very difficult, but like most people said ' It can be done.' There are a lot of guides on Youtube, I can't remember which one I used to help me which way to go and where to wait, but just keep trying, and whatever you do, don't give up. It took me maybe an hour or 2, and then couple days after I got it, I went through it again and it was no problem because I played it so much.

Pixo
01-23-2011, 06:27 AM
I actually think The Ultimatum achievement is harder. Only because of the one timed mission that I forgot the name of... I could never beat that one...

Snowwwwy
03-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Its possible, hard, but possible. Goodluck tho dude.

Habs14
03-19-2011, 02:50 AM
It is the hardest achievement ive ever gotten. Its not impossible just keeping trying and eventually you will get it. I had it beatin within the first hour but i shot the civillian! It took me at least 2-3 hours untill i got it

LawlCake1214
03-21-2011, 05:27 AM
I beat the Mile High Club before I beat that one mission where you have to wait for the chopper (Where you play as Price, in Chernobyl) I think its called One shot, one kill or something. That level in my opinion was harder than the Mile High Club. Damn chopper seemed like it took an hour with all those enemies and grenades.

FetusPuncher91
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes it is. You are in a way a member of a special club(the Mile High Club, jackets are extra), I toast to any gamer that has unlocked this.

^ What he said. Veteran was tough, but this was by far the hardest achievement I've ever gotten in a game. I'd say it probably took me between 5-6 hours of playing and a couple of youtube walkthroughs to finally beat this. I actually got very lucky at the end, when I rounded the corner to the cockpit, there was one last guy I had forgotten about and I was reloading my pistol. I was very luckily able to stab him and finish the mission and then thank God I'd never have to do it again.

So yes, it's pretty hard.

Snowwwwy
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Was speaking to a mate a few days back about Mile High Club. It took him around 150 tries.

Foxxy kyle
04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Its not terrible once you get the hang of it.

Snowwwwy
04-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Its not terrible once you get the hang of it.
Its so brutal at the start tho, like, it really pisses you off.

Andreas_loel
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
A friend of mine watched a tutorial on how to do it, since then he has done it in every possible way you can do it.

He used to do it just for fun aswell despite having 1k

seaymeh
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
It took me 63 tries to get it, I just did it over and over again and every two or three tries I got to the end and ran out of time, it was terrible :'(

jeter89
06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
just remember that the first area is definitely the hardest.

cHRiSCOe
06-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Hard as hell. You get to a good start and you flash a room run in and everybody but one guy is stunned. You die. Your controller get familiar with the floor. You know, the regular!

oldskoolforever
06-20-2011, 12:05 PM
He used to do it just for fun aswell despite having 1k

Anyone could do it for fun once they have 1k though, lol.

When you don't have the achievement, then obviously its easier to get frustrated.

H0p3sfalL
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
This achievement took me about 3 yrs to do it. It was a lot of playing and leave it a lone for a few months then trying it agian. What helped me was the insider moves video that was on the dash. Still think its the hardest non-glitched achievement out there in my opinion.

oO Snivels Oo
06-21-2011, 08:45 AM
took me 4 hours a few very well placed flash bangs and your good to go

Snoop QC
06-27-2011, 01:35 AM

Rightly said! And I would add that as long as you don't get the achievement your controller might be in great danger of hitting the wall, the window or your TV. I know that because mine violently kissed the wall not long before I unlocked the achievement!

Cruder
07-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Just got it today!!! It was a horrible affair. Patients and you will get it....lots of patients. No fighting in the war room was a lot harder for me.

Repressed Whale
07-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I've had CoD4 since lauch, and just beat MHC earlier this week...

Shigg715
07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
yeah i TOTALLY agree with ^ guy... took me over 3 months. and im that guy that usually once i set my mind to something, it gets done quick. haha

DarkMegaGokuSS3
07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I wanted to throw my xbox 360 controller to the tv after so many times when I got killed and ran out of time and the plane blew up.

HyPeSwitch
07-15-2011, 05:23 AM
easy as pie ;)

Blakestone
07-28-2011, 02:40 AM
If you can get past 'No fighting in the war room' then you will find this fairly easy in contrast.

veece16
07-28-2011, 02:50 AM
If you can get past 'No fighting in the war room' then you will find this fairly easy in contrast.

If you can get past Heart of the Reich on Veteran, I think you can get Mile High Club. I don't remember which took me longer, or which one I was more pissed at.

Thaek
08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I managed to do Mile High Club in less than 30 minutes. But still haven't gotten trough the Second Last Mission (No fighting in the war room) - in my opinion that mission is WAY harder.

Reckkful
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Took me about 4 hours to do. Which spanned over 3 days. There were times when I would get so close and think to myself "I'll never get there again" then a few minutes later I do and really start to believe I can do it. Then an hour passes with nothing but awful attempts and I quit out of sheer frustration. I tried to play another game but the thought of how close I was had me coming back. Once you know the lay-out and where to throw your flashbangs it's only a matter of time before you get that perfect attempt.

SHOTO1981
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
took me 4 hours a few very well placed flash bangs and your good to go

Yeah, this is the one, Tough cheeve but doable if you have the patience.

hawknation
10-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Got the achievement today. Took about 1 1/2 frustrating hours to get it. But the feeling you get when you accomplish it is well worth it.

BLACK SAILS 469
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
lol first time I did it I got to the end, then accidentally killed the hostage. Took me like 3 hours to get to the end again

DeekBoy
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
If you can get past Heart of the Reich on Veteran, I think you can get Mile High Club. I don't remember which took me longer, or which one I was more pissed at.

Heart of the Reich was a nightmare!!! I think that level was far harder than the Mile High Club.

xxDAMRONxx
10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
I've never had any problems with any call of duty game...I find them on the easier side when compared to other games I play. Was able to get this achievement very easily when it came out...I was suprised to see so much frustration on the threads as the years went by

But..you can do it...it is not that difficult

masterxxassassin
10-28-2011, 10:32 PM
This achievement will take time, but once you have learnt where to shoot, where to throw flashbangs and are playing at your best, you can do it

AgentOfChaos
11-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I got this today, spent about an hour on it, got to the hostage once and made the shot. Was so chuffed I was shaking with excitement. Totally did it outta the blue, I either kept getting killed or making it to the last room right before the hostage and running outta time. So glad i got it cos I dont think I'd have the patience to keep at it.

rcscruff
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
This achievement took me about 3 yrs to do it. It was a lot of playing and leave it a lone for a few months then trying it agian.

3 Years and still trying. :confused:
Mile High and For the Motherland are the only campaign / single player achievements I haven't gotten from any COD title. I'm pretty patient too. I tried again last night...still no love.:(

Wolverine674
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Took me a while (a handful of hours over 2 days), but some people seem to get lucky and blast through it quickly. Props to those guys.

There are so many sites with their tips for MHC, but sometimes it's just what works for you. Run through it on Normal then Hardened to get a feel and get used to where you need to throw flashbangs.

Learn where you need to be by certain times. I believe I did it where I had to be at the part where the side of the plane rips out at 45 seconds to go, at the bottom of the stairs with 30 seconds to go and push down the final hallway with around 15-20 seconds to go.

Patience and practice and it will come.

Bullets In 3D
05-31-2012, 01:25 AM
This achievement isn't TOO bad. I've only had Cod4 for a year and I just started trying to go for that achievement today. I got it on my like 40th try. I just got it right now and had to post it. Honestly I felt like breaking my game because on my like 20th try I got to the hostage and shot him lol but it feels good to get it. Kinda sucks though because I got it offline though because I couldn't connect to Live (that's the reason I was going for the achievement.)

Quasi Mojo
06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
for anyone still trying for this, there are plenty of you out there..
This is my video, of me running through the lvl on veteran this afternoon, just for fun.... The achievement didnt pop at the end, because I already have it.....Hope it helps....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGsN539QhVM

stimpson j cat
07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Videos helped a lot and of course you need a bit of luck. Took me two days but played it for 2 and half hour. Still proud I got this one.:rock

SeductiveNoodle
07-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Yup, patience is definitely key. Took me about 45 minutes, though I watched a Youtube video for help :p

Unknown Breed
09-13-2012, 05:13 PM
I think this is the hardest achievement for COD4. Took me forever to get it. After many, many tries i finally got it but you just got to keep trying and to figure out where to throw the flashs

Goblin93
10-28-2012, 06:43 AM
this was one the hardest achievements for me...took me a good hour to get it and it frustrated so much but once you make it to the end its such an awesome feeling...patience was key

Kisushima
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
It's a step up when you compare it to the Veteran campaign. But it's doable. I have a guide, and so do many others. Check it out below for a bit of an insight. I got my technique just by trying out different routes!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/4YUpoOErWUg

shartnpants
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Bless YouTube for that. Amazing help. Not sure if anyone still reads these posts, but I just got this game.

Ceris
01-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Bless YouTube for that. Amazing help. Not sure if anyone still reads these posts, but I just got this game.
Yeah, Youtube helps a lot for most people. When I checked YT, I so happened to be running the mission the way the video said, so it was just a matter of getting a good run.

Don Jose
02-10-2013, 11:51 PM
This achievement took me about 4 years of playing the game off and on. Definitely one of the harder achievements I've unlocked. I had gotten to the end about 4 times and always seemed to kill the hostage instead of the guy holding him. Talk about irritating. It's a great feeling when you finally unlock it though.

I recommend learning where to toss your flashbangs at.

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare "Mile High Club" Achievement - YouTube

FatalDeathSG45
02-17-2013, 01:51 AM
I've pretty much given up on that achievement. WAY too hard for me. I'd have better luck beating every Halo game on Legendary blindfolded.

It's easy to see this as one of the hardest achievements to ever get. The fact that someone devotes a lot of their game time for one achievement shows dedication though :)

PrivateLeFeuvre
02-18-2013, 12:47 AM
In my personal opinion, the hardest mission in the game. It relies on sheer luck to earn. It took me over three hours to get.

If you're considering on attempting it, I wish you all the best. May your local game store be open so you can purchase replacement controllers.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

FrozenRaptorz
02-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Just finished it today! For other people looking to finish this start working on shooting through chairs/walls and I don't reload I just picked up dead enemies weapons.

1000/1000 today :)

UKevin
02-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Been trying for days now, wasting hours on it. I wouldn't even get up the stairs. Kept giving up before getting too mad and having to break something other than my fist on the wall. Finally got not five minutes ago.

I watched all the videos posted in this thread and 5 others. Ended up taking a totally different route but the flashes were thrown at the same spots everybody else throws them.

To anyone reading, I'd never gotten to the double doors so when I did I couldn't believe it, my heart was racing. Do yourself a favor and pause the game, take a deep breath, relax, go smoke, drink or whatever, come back and finish it.

Don Jose
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Been trying for days now, wasting hours on it. I wouldn't even get up the stairs. Kept giving up before getting too mad and having to break something other than my fist on the wall. Finally got not five minutes ago.

I watched all the videos posted in this thread and 5 others. Ended up taking a totally different route but the flashes were thrown at the same spots everybody else throws them.

To anyone reading, I'd never gotten to the double doors so when I did I couldn't believe it, my heart was racing. Do yourself a favor and pause the game, take a deep breath, relax, go smoke, drink or whatever, come back and finish it.

I had made it to the double doors three times and each time I either choked and shot the hostage, or choked and the timer ran down. :mad:

I think I got lucky the last time, because, after watching the video, my shot was no where near the guys head. Oh well, got the achievement. Certainly one of the harder ones I've got.

TriRock
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I thought 'No Fighting In the War Room' was a lot harder. Followed by the finale of 'One Shot, One Kill'.

Sweating Bullets
05-03-2013, 12:40 AM
This was a bit annoying to get but it is do-able.
Flashbangs are your friend and make sure you take cover as much as possible.

mastermac07
06-06-2013, 05:22 AM
get the timing down n you should get it in several playthrough

Aceman417
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
A lot easier for me than the 9 minute or whatever mission. Did it in about 10 tries.

Ninja Eagle
06-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Not as hard as some people make it out to be. If you are good at shooters it should be a breeze with practice, practice, practice.

ctugt
09-13-2013, 02:00 AM
This is a lotery archievement, haha good look, already got it

xD4rkCobrax
11-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I can't seem to be able to get Mile High Club and No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran any tips :uzi:

LSDragon
12-16-2013, 09:38 PM
V'been there
done that,
still after years no ach.

I've shot the guy in the hair, head, stomach, legs, foot, everything and everywhere.
Did it on Vet, Hard, Norm and Recr (several times). and never got the achiev, so i gave it up.

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSouthgate
01-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Not too bad, but requires a ton of practice and patience and a little luck. I found that every sixth or seventh run the AI of my squadmates would improve. Consequently, when I got it, I was stunned that they actually had moved ahead of me on the stairs and basically took point in the first room on the second floor. If this happens to you, just make sure you get to the second room alive and then you should be able to flashbang and sprint to the end. Also, definitely jump to forward and to the left of the final terrorist to get a clean shot.

dunkin214
04-02-2014, 01:37 AM
This achievement aggravated me for the greater part of two whole weeks. Technique is really important, and Youtube is a must. This is more challenging than anything you have faced.

Morbido
04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Just got it!

As others have mentioned, watch some youtube footage.

I thought this guys video was very helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrb3GcWXf4

If you shoot the hostage on veteran by mistake do you get to reload the checkpoint and get to have another go? Im pretty sure you dont have to start again on other difficulties and there is a checkpoint right before you get to make the shot.

Luckily I got a head shot first go so didn't find out.

Skorpion XBA
04-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Just got it!

As others have mentioned, watch some youtube footage.

I thought this guys video was very helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrb3GcWXf4

If you shoot the hostage on veteran by mistake do you get to reload the checkpoint and get to have another go? Im pretty sure you dont have to start again on other difficulties and there is a checkpoint right before you get to make the shot.

Luckily I got a head shot first go so didn't find out.

On veteran you do have to start over. Trust me, I know. ;)

Morbido
04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
On veteran you do have to start over. Trust me, I know. ;)
Ouch.

You must have been fuming.

PiixL
04-03-2014, 09:27 PM
This achievement made me really fustrated, still havent got it but I always go back to work on it every couple of months

Morbido
04-03-2014, 10:57 PM
This achievement made me really fustrated, still havent got it but I always go back to work on it every couple of months
I have a five year gap between getting it and my previous MW1 cheevo.

Hadn't tried it in ages but thought id give it another go a few days ago. Keep plugging away and im sure you'll crack it one day.

PiixL
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I have a five year gap between getting it and my previous MW1 cheevo.

Hadn't tried it in ages but thought id give it another go a few days ago. Keep plugging away and im sure you'll crack it one day.

Yeah i'll try and get it by the end of May

DYSTOPIAN SKY
04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Very frustrating, one of the most difficult achievements I've earned.