PDA

View Full Version : does konami code work??

sinwar14
01-06-2011, 12:26 AM
so does it work like in the older games?

XCinX
01-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Nope. Unfortunately, you're limited to just the cards that you win and the cards you buy as DLC, which are just cards you win in solo play, anyways.

sinwar14
01-06-2011, 12:52 AM
dammit... oh well but god this game became so fast paced since i last played

Nazka Asmodeus
01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
dammit... oh well but god this game became so fast paced since i last played

It does... now imagine if all 4700 cards were in there... XD

Mr1721
01-09-2011, 10:09 AM
How many cards are there now ever since the card pack dlc came out?

Nazka Asmodeus
01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
How many cards are there now ever since the card pack dlc came out?

Exactly 1000 before and after the card packs were released..

Retrokiid90
01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Wait so it's only 1000 cards in this game? Out of 4700!?

Nazka Asmodeus
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Wait so it's only 1000 cards in this game? Out of 4700!?

Yes... a 1000 cards yugioh game that only supports a 2 years old ban list! So if you want to play the real and complete game, you'll have to look elsewhere...

Retrokiid90
01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes... a 1000 cards yugioh game that only supports a 2 years old ban list! So if you want to play the real and complete game, you'll have to look elsewhere... Wow well that's gonna be boring seeing people using the same cards over and over again though. I have one on the DS that has most of the cards. Do you know if Raigeki is in this game? It's a magic card that destroys all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

Nazka Asmodeus
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Wow well that's gonna be boring seeing people using the same cards over and over again though. I have one on the DS that has most of the cards. Do you know if Raigeki is in this game? It's a magic card that destroys all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

No it's not there... if you want to see the whole card list, go there : http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995075-yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duels/faqs/61222

UK Dennis
01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Raigeki

god that card was complete bull. i hate how easy it is to destroy powerful cards. I am used to it but i still hate it.
Its like i just summoned Yubel - Ultimate Nightmare, and then they could just use a crap little trap/spell card to destroy it.

Nazka Asmodeus
01-18-2011, 01:38 AM
god that card was complete bull. i hate how easy it is to destroy powerful cards. I am used to it but i still hate it.
Its like i just summoned Yubel - Ultimate Nightmare, and then they could just use a crap little trap/spell card to destroy it.

lol yeah! I remember those days when everybody were running cards like Harpy Feather Duster, Yata, Black Luster Envoy, Sinister Serpent, Cyber/Fiber Jar, etc... It's nice to see how well this game as evolved with time! And overpowered cards are quickly removed to stop abuses and exploits!

Retrokiid90
01-18-2011, 02:18 AM
No it's not there... if you want to see the whole card list, go there : http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/995075-yu-gi-oh-5ds-decade-duels/faqs/61222 Ugh wow well it's kinda impossible for me to make a deck since most of the cards aren't here in this game/list. My deck is all of the place right now. It's half Dragon half others >_>

Retrokiid90
01-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Its like i just summoned Yubel - Ultimate Nightmare, and then they could just use a crap little trap/spell card to destroy it. LOL It is but I just wanted to use it on Jack since he's always summoning that 5 God dragon and then somehow he summons like 3 or 4 other monsters to the field. I know Mirror force helps but I can only have 1 in a deck I believe, And I am still on the search for a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Nazka Asmodeus
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Ugh wow well it's kinda impossible for me to make a deck since most of the cards aren't here in this game/list. My deck is all of the place right now. It's half Dragon half others >_>

You can still make good decks (lightsworns, blackwings, gladdy beasts, destiny/dragoon, dark/DAD to name a few)... you'll only feel very limited by what you can actually do though... compared to what could be done in other yugioh games...

Retrokiid90
01-19-2011, 04:06 AM
You can still make good decks (lightsworns, blackwings, gladdy beasts, destiny/dragoon, dark/DAD to name a few)... you'll only feel very limited by what you can actually do though... compared to what could be done in other yugioh games... Yeah but those are like swarm decks. Like the six samurai deck. That deck is beasty. My friend just killed em with that deck smh! I dunno I gotta see what cards I can have. I want a burn deck but not the same as Elle.

Nazka Asmodeus
01-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Yeah but those are like swarm decks. Like the six samurai deck. That deck is beasty. My friend just killed em with that deck smh! I dunno I gotta see what cards I can have. I want a burn deck but not the same as Elle.

hehe! Yeah I forgot about the six samurai! And you definitely can make a good burn deck with the cards available in the game! The only problem is to actually farm those cards... it really was a pain! Took me about 400 single duels in the preliminaries to get 995/1000 cards...

Retrokiid90
01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
hehe! Yeah I forgot about the six samurai! And you definitely can make a good burn deck with the cards available in the game! The only problem is to actually farm those cards... it really was a pain! Took me about 400 single duels in the preliminaries to get 995/1000 cards... Yeah but I also have to be careful of what cards I put down on the field and how many cards I play in my hand because before I used to just play my whole hand and I would end up losing since there is no Graceful Charity or Pot Of Greed. Farming takes forever since the cards are hella random soo playin' this would bore me because of the same cards that I keep getting. So you nearly have every card in the game?

iHeartSlampigs
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Getting a specific card in the game is kinda an nightmare considering the amouint of single player you need to play..Haha. I hope they do have the code machine added along with trades..it would make the game much better imo.

Nazka Asmodeus
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah but I also have to be careful of what cards I put down on the field and how many cards I play in my hand because before I used to just play my whole hand and I would end up losing since there is no Graceful Charity or Pot Of Greed.

It's true that you tend to top deck very quickly with burn decks! While it's also true that there are fewer good draw cards in the current format, there are still decent options too! Morphing Jar is one of those cards! I always run 1 in my burn deck.. yes it will give 5 new cards to your opponent as well, but it will also flush their previous hand. Plus, 5 new cards for a good burn deck usually means victory at your next turn!

Farming takes forever since the cards are hella random soo playin' this would bore me because of the same cards that I keep getting. So you nearly have every card in the game?

Farming cards for that game was indeed very boring and they should have implemented a better way to get cards... but anyway, yes, I have more or less 3x every cards in the game, except The White Stone of Legend which has still avoided my grasp! lol! oh well!

Retrokiid90
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
It's true that you tend to top deck very quickly with burn decks! While it's also true that there are fewer good draw cards in the current format, there are still decent options too! Morphing Jar is one of those cards! I always run 1 in my burn deck.. yes it will give 5 new cards to your opponent as well, but it will also flush their previous hand. Plus, 5 new cards for a good burn deck usually means victory at your next turn!

Farming cards for that game was indeed very boring and they should have implemented a better way to get cards... but anyway, yes, I have more or less 3x every cards in the game, except The White Stone of Legend which has still avoided my grasp! lol! oh well! I don't think I have one of those jar cards. I know im gonna need one just incase I get a crappy hand. But there is always card destruction. I wish they had that trap card where when cards are discarded from the hand to the graveyard, you lose 500 LP for each card that was discarded. They probably do but I just have to double check the list. Yes Farming is boring especially if your going through the tournament like 20 times already but it's a good way to get certain achievements. I don't even know what that white stone card does >_> It resembles something of the Blue Eyes White Dragon right?

Nazka Asmodeus
01-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think I have one of those jar cards. I know im gonna need one just incase I get a crappy hand. But there is always card destruction. I wish they had that trap card where when cards are discarded from the hand to the graveyard, you lose 500 LP for each card that was discarded. They probably do but I just have to double check the list. Yes Farming is boring especially if your going through the tournament like 20 times already but it's a good way to get certain achievements. I don't even know what that white stone card does >_> It resembles something of the Blue Eyes White Dragon right?

The closest card I know that deals damage for drawing a card by an effect is called Greed, which is a trap... and no, it's not in this game... XD

Also, another drawing option is having 3x Reckless Greed! If you manage to get 2 or 3 on your field, chain them together so that you end up drawing 4 or 6 new cards, but only having to skip 2 draw phases.. 4 or 6 new cards in a burn deck can be brutal, enough to take that risky move!

Yeah, White Stone of Legend is a tuner monster that lets you add 1 BEWD from your deck when it is sent to the graveyard! Very useful in a dragon deck or to use as a deck thinner! (such as in an exodia deck)

Retrokiid90
01-23-2011, 07:05 AM
The closest card I know that deals damage for drawing a card by an effect is called Greed, which is a trap... and no, it's not in this game... XD

Also, another drawing option is having 3x Reckless Greed! If you manage to get 2 or 3 on your field, chain them together so that you end up drawing 4 or 6 new cards, but only having to skip 2 draw phases.. 4 or 6 new cards in a burn deck can be brutal, enough to take that risky move!

Yeah, White Stone of Legend is a tuner monster that lets you add 1 BEWD from your deck when it is sent to the graveyard! Very useful in a dragon deck or to use as a deck thinner! (such as in an exodia deck) Oh well I don't have that card either then and I know I don't have the white stone card either so If im gonna farm, I have to be happy as hell cause farming can be real boring ugh >_> Yeah but I hate cards like though so I can never be satisfied lol. It's not enough cards in the game for me to be satisfied. Well I may have to take your advice and farm for better cards because getting the same cards more than 10X annoys me >_>