PDA

View Full Version : should i buy it?

DMichaels86
01-06-2011, 11:11 AM
i absolutely loved oblivion and all that it had to offer. i do not play many rpg's, so my standards may be lesser than others. but i have been reading some forums about the singleplayer/multiplayer struggle with quests to only one or the other; including some other complaints, such as lack of longevity, and now i am doubting if i want to get this game. i am just very tired of purchasing games that i fly right through such as fallout new vegas, i would love a break from competitive online multiplayers such as black ops, so people.... should i spend $60 on two worlds 2???

i was on the fence about dragon age, however, my biggest appeals about rpg's are the spells, and i think thats what i would use most, was a mage, they allow me to be the most creative, so... based on this, question above^^^^^^^

TheLegendOf1977
01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I really loved it, probably the best RPG of 2010 for me (apart from ME2, but thats another type of game)
Although i never play as a mage i could see from all the stuff you pick up or get from quests that there are a lot of spells. You can even combine spells with special cards to boost the stats.
Plus you can boost stats for every weapon, armor or robe by equipping them with ability cristalls, you even have paint for all your clothing/armor.

Mighty Goliath89
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I will be buying it when it comes out in the UK, want to play a good RPG.

DMichaels86
01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
thank you for answering my question, there are almost 100 views and only you two answered... so thank you :)

Vaatdoekje
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
really worth the money for me

Wardancer
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I just got it last week. So far it looks really promising. The first time I saw the overland map and started zooming out, I thought "this is going to take some time". I.e. it's big!

E10phoenix
01-15-2011, 02:28 AM
I just got it last week. So far it looks really promising. The first time I saw the overland map and started zooming out, I thought "this is going to take some time". I.e. it's big!

The only real question i want to ask is if this game is better than the first.
I have the first game, and although i love rpgs and mmorpgs to death, i couldn't bring myself to play through the awkward combat, boring fights and overall glitchy game.

I have watched a trailer or two and it does look promising, but some word from gamers would be nice

TheLegendOf1977
01-15-2011, 06:58 AM
The only real question i want to ask is if this game is better than the first.
I have the first game, and although i love rpgs and mmorpgs to death, i couldn't bring myself to play through the awkward combat, boring fights and overall glitchy game.

I have watched a trailer or two and it does look promising, but some word from gamers would be nice

It's waaaaaaay better then the first, the only things i didn't like about 2 is the voice acting (overall its ok, but sometimes my ears were hurting) and the fact that you spent to much time in the second area.
But overall i thought the sidequests are better (some are really funny and long) and the armor and weapon upgrading is pretty cool also.
The fighting isn't all that good, mainly because the enemy A.I or lack there of, but you have some really cool moves and the number of options in your skill tree are just rediculous.
I could really reccommend it if you like RPG's.

E10phoenix
01-16-2011, 09:19 AM
It's waaaaaaay better then the first, the only things i didn't like about 2 is the voice acting (overall its ok, but sometimes my ears were hurting) and the fact that you spent to much time in the second area.
But overall i thought the sidequests are better (some are really funny and long) and the armor and weapon upgrading is pretty cool also.
The fighting isn't all that good, mainly because the enemy A.I or lack there of, but you have some really cool moves and the number of options in your skill tree are just rediculous.
I could really reccommend it if you like RPG's.

thanks alot for the information, i'll be sure to pick this up soon as it's available in my area.
another rpg to add to my massive list lol

SacredGamer
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Much better than overrated Oblivion.

kdaugh1
01-17-2011, 05:13 AM
how is the map when compared to games like oblivion and sacred 2? i would assume its huge but then again not entirely sure.

TheLegendOf1977
01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
how is the map when compared to games like oblivion and sacred 2? i would assume its huge but then again not entirely sure.

It's Huuuuuuuuuuuge!!! Biggest map i've ever seen in a video game. Only problem is you dont get to play on 50% of it. I've heard from people that the parts you dont get to play in SP are reserved for the MP, but i havent played the MP because i'm waiting for someone on my friendslist from Canada to get it....

cazx27
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Blasphemy and heresey, quell your tongue.

Bloodrune
01-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Blasphemy and heresey, quell your tongue. :drunk10 characters

cazx27
05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
My initial comment still stands but that dosent mean Two Worlds 2 is a bad game far from it, its great. Its just that it would take a monumental effort to make a game better than the likes of morrowind and oblivion

Muscle Dwarf
06-22-2011, 04:24 AM
My wife got it for me as a bday present. I havent had alot of time to play it but from what little I have played it seems like its going to be good. The combat isnt the greatest but the spell system gives you plenty of options. Give it a try.

AR717
07-05-2011, 11:24 PM

LIES, Oblivion is amazing, this does not compare in my opinion...TW2 is a good game but not as good as oblivion

AR717
07-05-2011, 11:25 PM
blasphemy and heresey, quell your tongue.

amen brother

Paka
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
To throw in my $.02, though this game is not on the level of Oblivion, I would classify it as a hidden gem. I've been having a lot of fun with it, and the appeal is similar to Oblivions-- big pretty world to explore, different ways to develop a character... and theft galore. :p This game very actively encourages you to steal, and the main character is quite a badass and is absolutely hilarious at times. He has to be male, but you can customize him quite a bit.

It is as deep or maybe even deeper than Oblivion in some ways in character development. The magic creation system is absolutely incredible. More of a learning curve, and also, the enemies are not scaled so easy to get yourself killed early on. Controls aren't the best but they work, and being able to swap between three equipment sets is neat.

Main thing if you get it, is to first go in and tweak a few of the options so that the inventory will have small icons and not fall off the edge of the screen (safe area option I think), otherwise the menu is very annoying.

Verdinial
07-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Meh, I regret buying it.

Regan93
07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
I heard it was good and it was bad. I played it and thought it was awesome. You should get it.

Krimsynn
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I was on the fence about it at first because of how poorly the first game played. But after getting the hang of the controls and gameplay, I'm really enjoying it so far. I think this game got a bad rap because of the reputation of the first game. Just a few minor tweaks, and this game came keep up with the big boys.

Krimsynn
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
People really shouldn't compare the two...totally different in my opinion. I have put in over 160 hours into Oblivion, 120 into Fallout 3, and 70+ into Fallout: New Vegas (still playing it). Two Worlds two seems similar so far as huge open worlds, but there are alot of differences. I still like both very much though.

HLR zdmetal
07-29-2011, 03:30 AM
I just picked this up off of Amazon for $26 shipped. For anyone on the fence thinking that since the first sucked so this one will probably suck too let me just say that this game is a major improvement. I'm actually really enjoying it so far.

neonistje
09-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Its a good game but depends on how you play it.
For me im taking the time to enjoy the envormiment and man it can be beautifull ;)