PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Award

Kaasstengel
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I've unlocked the Samurai Helmet but when i go to my Avatar editor he won't recognize it and won't let me carry it. So the helmet is in my wardrobe but i can't doing anything with it.

Anyone got tips for me on how to carry it :/

Dany1981Mtl
01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
It happens to me too, damn M$, Deadliest Warrior and now Raskulls. Anyway, the helmet should be working on xbox.com, Go there, then clic My Xbox - Avatar Editor and you can choose the samurai helmet. Then save it. It's gonna be saved on your console too. I suggest saving it as an outfit too after, so you can always reload that if you want to mix up avatar clothes without going to xbox.com every time. That's what i do.

Shezmuu
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Unlocked the kabuto too but can't use it from my console.
And now for the stupid question. Where in xbox.com editor are the awards supposed to be? It doesn't show any of my awards from any games there :S

Dany1981Mtl
01-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Go to xbox.com, sign in with your account then go to My Xbox (the link is on the green/purple bar) then go down to Avatar Editor (4th link from top). The editor will load with your last saved avatar. Click on the "My Style" icon (the icon is represented with a shirt). On the left side of the screen, you should see Dress up, headwear, tops, bottoms, etc. with left and right arrows and a vertical scroller. The samurai helmet is in the headwear section and the samurai dress in the Dress up section, both represented with a small orange gift icon. Just select them and click Save (located under the Avatar display). The next time you load the Avatar Editor from your console, the new avatar should be loaded. If not exit and reload the Editor or save it again from xbox.com.

Unlocked the kabuto too but can't use it from my console.
And now for the stupid question. Where in xbox.com editor are the awards supposed to be? It doesn't show any of my awards from any games there :S

CrazyDoginOZ
01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Go to xbox.com, sign in with your account then go to My Xbox (the link is on the green/purple bar) then go down to Avatar Editor (4th link from top). The editor will load with your last saved avatar. Click on the "My Style" icon (the icon is represented with a shirt). On the left side of the screen, you should see Dress up, headwear, tops, bottoms, etc. with left and right arrows and a vertical scroller. The samurai helmet is in the headwear section and the samurai dress in the Dress up section, both represented with a small orange gift icon. Just select them and click Save (located under the Avatar display). The next time you load the Avatar Editor from your console, the new avatar should be loaded. If not exit and reload the Editor or save it again from xbox.com.

Iam having same prob but when i sign in on xbox.com and go to avatar editor it keeps loading up 5 dancing avatars telling me to choose 1 to get started like i dont even have an avatar.Also since unlocking the award every time i go to awards on my xbox it does that transfer thing from one cupboard to another but still the item is unusable

Dany1981Mtl
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
hmm..try creating a default avatar on your console and save it. Reload the avatar editor on your console again, to see if it was saved correctly or if you have to choose an avatar from the default list to start with (like the first time you setup your console/avatar). If it was saved correctly, head to xbox.com - My Xbox - Avatar Editor and check if the avatar is loaded correctly aswell.
If yes, then it should be fine, if not, try deleting the Avatar Asset Refresh Cache file located on your 360 HDD-Games-Avatar Editor.

As for the updating your Avatar clothes/props list thing (with the 2 closets, clothes and the cat on the skateboard thing), it will do that everytime you load the editor, because both the Raskull awards (if you have them) and the Samurai helmet are "corrupted" on the HDD and the editor is not able to update your avatar list correctly because of this. To get rid of it (until M$ fix this 2 games avatar awards thing) delete the award files (with a ! on them) from your HDD-Avatar Items. Make sure first, that you saved them as an outfit before deleting them, otherwise, you will not able to regain them from the game.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake about the last affirmation. Once you delete the awards for good from the HDD, you can still redownload them without unlocking them with the game. Go to the Avatar Editor on your console, go to Awards, select the game (Deadliest Warrior in this case), you will see that the helmet doesn't have the ! on it. But when you press A to select it, it will tell you that the item is not on your HDD, do you want to redownload it. If you choose yes, it will redownload it, but it will become a ! award after.

Iam having same prob but when i sign in on xbox.com and go to avatar editor it keeps loading up 5 dancing avatars telling me to choose 1 to get started like i dont even have an avatar.Also since unlocking the award every time i go to awards on my xbox it does that transfer thing from one cupboard to another but still the item is unusable

CrazyDoginOZ
01-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Man thanks awesome explanation il give it a try,thanks for taking the time to write it. Not that it matters but my samurai suite has done the same thing il def give this a try.
One question tho if i redownload it and it shows as an ! (which it does now,before i have tried anything) wont that mean its still unusable like it is now? Also can u save it as an outfit if its only showing up as a !

CrazyDoginOZ
01-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Ok so gave it a try and no luck because it only appears as ! you cant save it as an outfit cause u cant select it and there is no option to delete the item that i can see,maybe i can delete it from the memory section of the hdd i dint try that. This really sucks shove my samurai outfit up your ass M$. Il give the xbox live thing another try cause thats wierd that it wont load up my avatar just five random ones to get started.
edit: deleted from memory, went back to awards and it was there now with as u said the option to redownload, choose to redownload,then it saved as soon as it saved it disapeared again.

Dany1981Mtl
01-17-2011, 04:37 AM
i know that, microsoft has to fix the avatar editor (or maybe a game update for those 2 games) with these 2 games. You can only use the samurai helmet for now from xbox.com - avatar editor, there, you can select it fine for your avatar, then save it. The next time you load the avatar editor on your console, your avatar should have the samurai helmet without any issues. Then i suggest to save that avatar as an outfit so in case you change the headwear, you can always load/use the saved avatar (from the outfit list) so you don't have to go to xbox.com every time just to change again the headwear.

Ok so gave it a try and no luck because it only appears as ! you cant save it as an outfit cause u cant select it and there is no option to delete the item that i can see,maybe i can delete it from the memory section of the hdd i dint try that. This really sucks shove my samurai outfit up your ass M$. Il give the xbox live thing another try cause thats wierd that it wont load up my avatar just five random ones to get started.
edit: deleted from memory, went back to awards and it was there now with as u said the option to redownload, choose to redownload,then it saved as soon as it saved it disapeared again.

Dany1981Mtl
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I can confirm that the Samurai Helmet avatar award is fixed, no more ! sign, you can use it on the console's Avatar Editor, no need to go to xbox.com anymore :woop: :Bounce: