PDA

View Full Version : Do i have to play?

the_b1ues
01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Fairly new to Kinect only got it for xmas but im curious as to if the game decides to not detect me but im signed in to my live and i play a game will it still count for achievements?

Like in Kinect Adventures it often glitches out a bit and decides it not me playing anymore and changed my avatar. Will still get the game mode achievements as it thinks its no longer me playing anymore.

Hope you understand what im trying to ask.

Groudon199
01-08-2011, 05:35 AM
I don't see why not. The game somehow isn't registering that you are the person playing, but achievements should still unlock if you're using your gamertag.

the_b1ues
01-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Its does register me but the odd game it looses me as my living room isnt quite big enough and it gets confused.

The Pants Party
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
You don't personally have to play, no. Once your Gamertag is signed in (do this at the dashboard first - just have auto sign-in turned on), anyone can step in. Between me and my wife, I think she's earned all the Dance Central achievements. Not that I haven't tried, I just suck. :p

the_b1ues
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
You don't personally have to play, no. Once your Gamertag is signed in (do this at the dashboard first - just have auto sign-in turned on), anyone can step in. Between me and my wife, I think she's earned all the Dance Central achievements. Not that I haven't tried, I just suck. :p

Lol tell me about its i was just asking as some of the achievements on Kinect Sports wouldnt unlock unless i was actully playing and had my avatar. Wasnt sure if it was the same for Kinect Adventures

watchmefly420
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
try putting some more light on your face and the sensor might be better at keeping you but it really doesnt matter anyone can earn the achievements for you as long as your account is signed in

SIMPLYMIDGET
01-25-2011, 07:18 PM

This may be random but must be said. You my friend have the greatest sig ever. I love laughing at it every time I see it.

Sensai Buck
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Shouldn't have to, no.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 07:45 AM
No you dont have to play it...
My wifey signed is as guest on my xbox and did some of the trials.. I got the xp too..
Must add that I too was signed in...
So far I have found this to happen an all my Kinect games... Yippee....Free XP for me lol